1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Just got this guy today. Decided to take the plunge. It's an absolutely beautiful figure. The fit of the suit, and the headsculpt are top-notch. But the suit freaks me out! Especially after seeing the pics above! He stands well, so I'll probably just display him on his base without the flight stand. It kind of sucks because he looks great on the flight stand, but I'm just worried about it ripping the suit over time.

Woah, that's ****ed up!! There's no way in hell I'm moving the arms of my figure to anything resembling a flight pose. Pretty stupid considering it's a Superman figure, but I just dont want to risk any tears!

Agreed, that's really unfortunate. Reading way too many stories of tears and flight stands/crotch stands damaging suits so I'll be leaving mine neutral with no stand for good.

Effin hell. Yeah, vanilla posing it is then. Not that I was planning anything different. I have to admit the material looks like it won't age well.

Is that strictly something that happens when you stretch it too far, or does the material eventually tear pretty much on its own!?

Looking through the thread, I've come to the conclusion that whilst many of the collar lowering mods look great, for my money it only makes enough of a difference to the figure if done with skill - otherwise, to my eye, it just looks slightly forced and still not quite right.

Meanwhile there have been some great pictures that have suggested to me that, even with the suit inaccuracy, this is a Must Buy figure for how it looks straight out of the box. Funnily enough, I'm probably only a max of 3.5 out of 5 on the film itself, but Cavill, the suit and this figure just look the part so much that it's hard to resist. It's like my CA: The First Avenger figure - I don't think it's the best Marvel film, but I like how Chris Evans and the studio have shaped the role and love the WWII era suit enough that it was a no brainer. Plus I'm sure this Supes figure will be one that my girlfriend will enjoy looking at more so than some of my others!

Here are some of the "box fresh" pics from the thread that really wowed me:

Finally got this guy today, pictures really don't do him justice
3yby8ydu.jpg

such a great head sculpt

Finally collected him recently together with the crow. He sure is a beaut. :clap

1mrkq5D.jpg

iieK8mf.jpg

f6jBaHl.jpg

raVYCEN.jpg

nSmojeL.jpg

Back in a minute. I'm off to make a purchase!
(I'll be careful not to lift his arms up too often though! Argh!)

That damage is unacceptable for a 'high-end' company to be producing.

Hot Toys are useless as of late is seems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, check this out View attachment 103078
Seems to be happening more often with this figure. I assume as time passess, we will see this issue more prominent on more units.
This is absolutely ridiculous for a figure that costs $200

OMG!!! If we are going to have to leave these figures in neutral poses to try and avoid costume damage, maybe we should start collecting statues?!!!

This ticks me off, because you just KNOW Zod is going to have the same issues and even more than this figure, he needs an action pose. HT figures are so beautiful but I am more scared to touch them than I would be if they were porcelain.

Anyone not expecting the rubber to rip if you put this in extreme poses is deluded. $200? Exactly. For that you should realise the high end nature and that this is not an action man.

FFS.

OMG!!! If we are going to have to leave these figures in neutral poses to try and avoid costume damage, maybe we should start collecting statues?!!!

This ticks me off, because you just KNOW Zod is going to have the same issues and even more than this figure, he needs an action pose. HT figures are so beautiful but I am more scared to touch them than I would be if they were porcelain.

Exactly. 40 points of articulation bla bla they said, now u cant even do them cuz your shiet breaks.

MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

You guys think that posing the figure is the only cause of the problem? Hell mine was displayed in a normal museum standing position and the rubber overlay on the suit at the armpit area sticked to each other! 😤

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just won this from a SS Twitter contest, so stoked - I literally had this at the checkout page last Friday night and held off.

Now I can use reward points on the new comic figures from SS tomorrow, weee!

I just won this from a SS Twitter contest, so stoked - I literally had this at the checkout page last Friday night and held off.

Now I can use reward points on the new comic figures from SS tomorrow, weee!

Congrats!! It's a great figure, you'll enjoy him. Out of the box he's great, if you're brave enough, try the collar mod with a cape from Tony Meis as it brings this one to life!

Maybe slip tiny bits of smooth see through plastic between the armpits if you're having the arms down? Should be barely noticeable, if not t all...

Some really nice pics of the big guy on here!
I have this on pre order with Toy HQ in the UK, they said last week that they were getting him instock this week but I haven't heard anything from them yet, would love to have him in hand now, especially with all these amazing photos getting me pumped.
Really hope I have him soon, Ive made a lovely little space for him ;)
Anyone else in the UK have him on PO with Toy HQ?

Love both these figures. Shame I had to put DX12 on some steps to even out the height though!! :)

Do you have a photo of the DX12 not on steps to see the height comparison between the two. I've got the Armory ordered and contemplating ordering the MoS.

Back