1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

quick question if i wanted to do a custom black suit superman would it be best to paint the suit ? if so with what kind of paint thanks for any help

quick question if i wanted to do a custom black suit superman would it be best to paint the suit ? if so with what kind of paint thanks for any help

Might be better to try a black sharpie if you are going to colour the HT suit.
Paint could dry solid and then the first time you tried to pose him, the suit could crack.
Unless you could lay your hands on flexible fabric paint.

Not that I'm impatient, but waiting on Tony's cape is driving me insane lol

I'd wait for Zod to be released - he wears a black suit. You could maybe get one from ebay. You might have to change the S symbol.

Or maybe wait till SDCC ex are announced. its pretty obvious judging from their recent pattern that HT will milk this figure for the R&D and sculpt and release the black version.

Ug, the place I bought this from is taking their time getting him shipped.

Just had this guy delivered at work...now I have to wait till I get home to check him out!
e6eha6y7.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Just had this guy delivered at work...now I have to wait till I get home to check him out!
e6eha6y7.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Man, mine STILL hasn't been shipped.

Got him set up tonight with Jor-el. He is AWESOME. I have never modded a figure before but I am seriously considering giving it a go for this guy. He is so awesome as is, but the mods just put him over the top. Just not sure if I am ready to commit to it yet! I also made a quick stand for the command key with a bent paperclip. Provides a nice contrast to the gold skull at Jor-el's base. A few pics...

Got him set up tonight with Jor-el. He is AWESOME. I have never modded a figure before but I am seriously considering giving it a go for this guy. He is so awesome as is, but the mods just put him over the top. Just not sure if I am ready to commit to it yet! I also made a quick stand for the command key with a bent paperclip. Provides a nice contrast to the gold skull at Jor-el's base. A few pics...

The mods really do put him over the top. I had never modded one either, but with a little patience it is quite easy.

Kal-El finally made it from Krypton to my house this evening via UPS. I have never actually given a formal review out here, and thought I might give it a go this time. All scholarly, with plenty of big words and all that. So here is my 30-second review:

OMG GORGEOUSNESS ABSOLUTE PERFECTION IN EVERY WAY AND COMMAND KEY, WHOOOOO! There is quite simply nothing not to like about this figure, he is beyond awesome. No oversprays, no flat spots, none of that. Likeness might as well be Cavill hit with a shrink-ray. Even the cape has almost no wrinkles! I'll take care of those few tomorrow with a gentle ironing. Beautiful packaging and the fabric-pattern printed all over everything is just the bomb. Gorgeous!

Few minor nitpicks: I don't need to be able to point his feet like a ballerina's, but a little more foot-drop when he is "in flight" would be nice. People suspended in the air don't have their feet at 90 degree angles. And lets face it, this stand is at least double the size it really needs to be. Its a really nice base, just so huge.

NOW BRING ME ZOD.

I came home from work and my figure was waiting for me, can't wait to open it up and have a look.

Back