1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Man once you mod this figure all the way and put it next to the original it just makes the original look way off. It's an awesome figure by all means bt looks horrible left as stock since we got a fully molded one now. If we never would've seen one modded this would still be at least 8/10 now to me it like a 6 lol

Supes75.jpg

The head looks too big on the body as it looks quite stretched so I am guessing that is Len's distortion?

What in the wold did u do that suit as the entire suit looks darker like it does in the movie, it looks amazing! :horror

The head looks too big on the body as it looks quite stretched so I am guessing that is Len's distortion?

What in the wold did u do that suit as the entire suit looks darker like it does in the movie, it looks amazing! :horror

It's just taken with my iPhone. I have said all along it's a parallax issue.
In any case, if the HT head looks too big on the HT body, that's something you need to tell HT, not me, lol.
I took an image of the HT figure, cut out the suit and made it black and white. Then pasted it on top of the colour suit, and then in 5% increments, made it more opaque.

I prefer darker. But there are other increments. Here is every second one. I made 18 in all:

Supes20.jpg

Supes30.jpg

Supes45.jpg

Supes55.jpg

Supes70.jpg

Supes75.jpg

Supes60.jpg

Supes95.jpg

Supes100.jpg

I'm hoping that they're actually moving into true 1/6 scale. That would mean they're going to have to start making the Iron Man suits bigger though. That Midas figure above looks ridiculous next to Superman. There would have to be a child inside it.

My worry is that they just randomly went with a different size for this line. I'm guessing there haven't been any actual announcements from Hot Toys about a change in scale?

If Henry Cavill is 6'1", that would make his sixth scale figure 1'.17" (approximately). Has anyone measured the figure? How tall is it actually? Might have to give a little leeway for the thickness of the bottom of the boots and the height of his hair.

I don't think the figure would be over 2 feet tall....

If you convert 6'1" to 1/6 scale, it should come out to around 14".

It's just taken with my iPhone. I have said all along it's a parallax issue.
In any case, if the HT head looks too big on the HT body, that's something you need to tell HT, not me, lol.

No I am just making a statement that it looks big there when I know it isn't so first time I saw that the MOS head looked too big for MOS body. :lol

https://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/All_the_good_usernames_are_taken/Hot%20Toys%20Misc/Supes20.jpg[/IMG]

Supes30.jpg

Supes45.jpg

Supes55.jpg

Supes70.jpg

Supes75.jpg

Supes60.jpg

Supes95.jpg

Supes100.jpg

So all the darker suits including the black one photoshopped then? They certainly don't look it except the black suit ones.

Im glad Hot Toys didn't go all faded colors on us. Superman should be bright and colorful, and it was mistake enough to give the movie that ridiculous looking washed out tone..

So all the darker suits including the black one photoshopped then? They certainly don't look it except the black suit ones.

Yes. All the same image with the layer opacity on the black and white layer turned up in increments from 15% to 100% in 5% increments.
It's quite an easy process to do.

Hey, did It come with the big S in the background, if not where did you get the big S?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Excellent pics as always guys.
I don't want to quote thirty images in my post, but they are all great.

I managed to fit an Iron Man Midas head lighting system in my laser eye head today. And the switch is located on the back of the hair.

And i got a Dutch body on the trading group...
Not sure if it works.
No hair chest, or beard yet, lol.

440F1076-7CAB-41FB-A622-60A6CDC83CA1.jpg

I kinda like that Dutch body with that HS. Sure, its not perfect, but I'd be really curious to see how the Superman outfit would look on that body.

I think Shannon did great in that movie, his emotion was conveyed very well. I think Cavill was great and I think he was cast perfectly as Superman, his emotion was just different from Shannon's. He was searching for who he was while Zod was doing what he was engineered to do. Both gave great performances IMO. I'm not getting the HT Zod, but if it comes anywhere close to the HT Supes that just came out, it will be a great figure.

Agreed. The casting choices were perfect IMo. Cavill is without a doubt, the Superman for this generation! :rock

I don't think the figure would be over 2 feet tall....

If you convert 6'1" to 1/6 scale, it should come out to around 14".

I said it would be approximately 1'.17". That's one foot and point seventeen inches. A fraction of an inch.

6'1" would not be 14" tall in 1/6 scale. That would make the actual actor 7' tall...

Took this one just now. Think I'm going to keep this pose! Love this figure!
ype3y8e6.jpg

Bri

Back