1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Awesome DA! I didn't know you were a Superman fan. :rock

Thanks man, this is one hell of a figure to photograph & I'm just getting started too. The suit and sculpt are really well done on this and to think I almost passed on it cause of the height issue :slap Glad I changed my mind :yess:

i almost passed for the same reasons. SSC rewards points helped me change my mind.

Excellent pics as always guys.
I don't want to quote thirty images in my post, but they are all great.

I managed to fit an Iron Man Midas head lighting system in my laser eye head today. And the switch is located on the back of the hair.

And i got a Dutch body on the trading group...
Not sure if it works.
No hair chest, or beard yet, lol.

440F1076-7CAB-41FB-A622-60A6CDC83CA1.jpg

Funny that head looks a bit too big for that body. Maybe it's me. But the build is right.

quick and dirty chop...
shrunk head by about 11%... looks about right.

Got Supes yesterday. Awesome figure. Head sculpt is great and the suit looks really nice as well. Very glad I picked him up. The flying stand is a lot of fun also.

Funny that head looks a bit too big for that body. Maybe it's me. But the build is right.

yea the head is way too big... looks odd

Yes. It's bizarre that sich a gigantic body can be made small by a big head!

But the ML sculpt looks more in scale with the body:

7CAF84A7-C676-4123-A381-8B0DAB56AA96.jpg

AA51A09F-72FB-48B2-8368-2628A841BB79.jpg

I thought everyone would know by now that the MOS figure is closer to 1/5th scale than 1/6th, hence why the head looks too big when you put it on a 1/6th figure.

I thought everyone would know by now that the MOS figure is closer to 1/5th scale than 1/6th, hence why the head looks too big when you put it on a 1/6th figure.

Not at all. It's scaling out to 1/6th.
The main problem is that all previous HT figures have been less than 1/6th. They have all been 12" scale, Men are 12" and women are just over 10", regardless of the actor's actual heights.
They have just now switched to 1/6th in earnest.

Not at all. It's scaling out to 1/6th.
The main problem is that all previous HT figures have been less than 1/6th. They have all been 12" scale, Men are 12" and women are just over 10", regardless of the actor's actual heights.
They have just now switched to 1/6th in earnest.

Well regardless what scale he is the fact is he is a much taller figure and pretty much out of scale compared to the other regular 12 inch figures by Hot Toys as he is nearly as tall as the classic Predator. Thus, putting his head on those 12 inch figure bodies will make the figure look like he has a bobble head.

Has HT even said word one about this "new scale"? Or is this just an assumption?

So is this figure worth $200? Thinking about getting him cause I loved the movie, and/or Golden Aged Cap cause i've gotten every Cap released so far. Decisions, decisions. Both?

Heck I don't even like the MoS movie that much and even I thought it was a no-brainer for $200. Supes is iconic and I like his updated big screen look. Can't comment on getting this vs Cap though, but I do think bang for buck this figure is a great buy.

Me personally, I'd get Supes. I also like Cpt. America but just don't think the golden age version looks all that great. At least this one is out of the park. Just IMO.

Yeah, Think i'll get Superman first, Cap will probably be available longer.

Just got him in the mail! WOW! This is definitely the best figure in my collection. About to pose him in a flying pose with my CR Supes.

MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

I'm thinking of getting this, after the movie I am now a superman fan. Is it me? or did Zod have the better performance in that movie, better than Sups? I thought the passionate anger was such a great performance in that movie. I would get superman just to get Zod

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really liked Michael Shannon as Zod.

Supes is a great figure. Looks awesome on the shelf and one of my favorites atm. Got him, Mandarin and Mechanic Stark within a couple of days of each other - and Superman is by far the best of the three. Just a killer figure.

Back