1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Hi all,

Daron aka DGTWoodward passed away by a sudden heart attack on the eve of 19th Dec, here is a link to the thread started by his wife notifying us:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137918

I have been speaking with Sharon, (Mrs DGTWoodward) and she has been gracious and kind enough to let us as a community send a token of respect to herself and her family, not to mention Daron.

We (Dave and mods) have agreed that we are going to pay our respects to our friend Daron aka DGTWoodward by having a collection which I will organise to send flowers to the family on or before the funeral.
The date of the funeral is not known yet but we can do this and send our thoughts to not only Daron but also his wife and family.

So, if anyone would like to make a contribution or donate towards this, please send me a message and I will let you know the details. I am in the UK so will sort out flowers and things and will try include all usernames of those who donate, on the cards of the flowers/ items we send.

Hopefully we can pay our respects not only to a member of our community who we have sadly lost, but also another member - his wife who is also an avid collector, along with their family.

If you would like to take part, please pm me and I will send you my details.
Shell
x :1-1:

Last edited:

Or, we could do what Barry did with the electric tape on his custom

I think you may lose some of the detail with that method as the Gauntlets seem to have specific detail on them

perhaps the stripes do as well, i just couldn't see it on the movie costume because maybe I wasn't looking to closely

I'm sure there are those who know

For anyone who currently has this in hand, is the piping a a fabric or a plasticy stretchy material?

Hi all,

I have been speaking with Sharon, (Mrs DGTWoodward) and she has been gracious and kind enough to let us as a community send a token of respect to herself and her family, not to mention Daron.

We (Dave and mods) have agreed that we are going to pay our respects to our friend Daron aka DGTWoodward by having a collection which I will organise to send flowers to the family on or before the funeral.
The date of the funeral is not known yet but we can do this and send our thoughts to not only Daron but also his wife and family.

So, if anyone would like to make a contribution or donate towards this, please send me a message and I will let you know the details. I am in the UK so will sort out flowers and things and will try include all usernames of those who donate, on the cards of the flowers/ items we send.

Hopefully we can pay our respects not only to a member of our community who we have sadly lost, but also another member - his wife who is also an avid collector, along with their family.

If you would like to take part, please pm me and I will send you my details.
Shell
x :1-1:

Payment sent.

I might go and have a ganders on eBay then

It would be interesting to see if the sleeves go right down to the wrist or end just before the gauntlets start

if it's the former, then a new slimmer gauntlet could be fashioned over the sleeve

What you could do is try and thin out the inside of the gauntlet.
Or, perhaps a more enthusiastic(and more talented than i) member here can work out an unfolded version of the gauntlet and have it cut using a plotter from a sheet of black vinyl?
That way it can be laid right on top of the fabric and be thinner.

woooo!!!

Still waiting on Spidey, arrived on the UK on the 3rd!!! My t-800's came before he did and they were sent a week later

ridiculous

But congrats

Looking forward to pics

Thanks.

Spidey arrived on the 3rd?! That's bad. Longest I've had to wait was about 17 days when my MKVII was in customs.

That's cool, you gonna upload some pics today?

Yep, I'm hoping to snap a few pics later today. Can't wait. From all the pics posted so far, it looks like you can't take a bad pic of this piece, so photogenic.

Yep, I'm hoping to snap a few pics later today. Can't wait. From all the pics posted so far, it looks like you can't take a bad pic of this piece, so photogenic.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it really, man I want SSC to start shipping this thing out already :lol

Payment sent.
Or, perhaps a more enthusiastic(and more talented than i) member here can work out an unfolded version of the gauntlet and have it cut using a plotter from a sheet of black vinyl?
That way it can be laid right on top of the fabric and be thinner.

This is more along the lines of what I was thinking, that was it would just flow into the suit, it would look more streamlined that way

I do like the gauntlets on the figure, it's just that the bulkiness distracts me

I don't know if it'll be different in hand, but nonetheless, this is something I may try and do

Thanks.

Spidey arrived on the 3rd?! That's bad. Longest I've had to wait was about 17 days when my MKVII was in customs.

The story deepends, just phoned them now to find out what is happening, i paid the customs on Friday and selected the 23rd as the delivery date

'oh, I'm sorry, it seems that when you paid, the system didn't put it out for delivery'

Funny because it said Scheduled on the tracking info

'I promise it will be out tomorrow'

Ugh!

I've resigned myself to not building my hopes up on that

Quick question Paramoremc88, are you from Manchester? just going off of the mcr in your username

Of course, if that were any indicator that I would infer you were a Paramore fan from Manchester born in 1988 :lol

The story deepends, just phoned them now to find out what is happening, i paid the customs on Friday and selected the 23rd as the delivery date

'oh, I'm sorry, it seems that when you paid, the system didn't put it out for delivery'

Funny because it said Scheduled on the tracking info

'I promise it will be out tomorrow'

Ugh!

I've resigned myself to not building my hopes up on that

Quick question Paramoremc88, are you from Manchester? just going off of the mcr in your username

Of course, if that were any indicator that I would infer you were a Paramore fan from Manchester born in 1988 :lol

The MCR is for My Chemical Romance. And yes, also a Paramore fan, born in 1988. The same year as Hayley Williams in fact.

I have nothing. No notice. No shipping soon. Just processing.

Any chance of a video review from someone who has it in hand...will help keep us sane till SS starts shipping in Jan.

Its Xmas and the guys all get together to welcome the new guy with a gift
20131223_151816_zps05f0cffb.jpg

Just un boxed him and WOW! Best HT cape ever. The whole piece is fantastic.

Back