1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

There are other images and scenes in the film where I felt he looks a bit more stocky.

man-of-steel-henry-cavill-superman.jpg

heres-why-superman-wont-wear-his-iconic-red-underwear-in-man-of-steel.jpg

The 'S' doesn't seem to be as big as it is in the stills, or the proportions are a little off, but the figure looks good. The lighting is causing the sculpt to look weird, and that happens with a lot of figures like Rescue Cap or Mk7 Tony. I think they look pretty good in person.

Here's hoping that's just the horrible lighting that's making the sculpt look off. The body also doesn't look nearly as good before, way too skinny. Cavill was jacked in MOS.

“too buff you don't like, too skinny you don't like. Screw it Im making more iron man.” - Howard

Figure looks dope! I'll be for sure getting this. Getting my Jor-El on Monday I hope. If the weather lets up.

Looks like they addressed the thighs! Yay! Can't wait.

As long as the head sculpt looks like the prototype this will be a win for me. I'll have Jor-el Tuesday.

Not overly impressed with these new photos. Could certainly be the camera and lighting, though. Body looks worse to me. Cavill was huge in MOS and I thought the body seen in the proto pics was appropriate. Maybe a little too big, but not by a whole lot. This new body looks a little too skinny.

The more I look at it, the more I agree with this
Something is off, not sure if its the sculpt, a skinnier version, too thin of legs
I really really liked the proto

The more I look at it, the more I agree with this
Something is off, not sure if its the sculpt, a skinnier version, too thin of legs
I really really liked the proto

Yeah I agree with Chuck for the most part too. But I'm almost positive that's just the lighting that's making the sculpt look weird. Can't say the same for the body though.....

Is the S shield lower on the figure? Shouldn't it be higher? Either way, I'm getting it! Maybe even two times!

I'm not the biggest Superman fan but everyone needs at least one Superman. At the moment i'm thinking:

Pro's:

It's a great looking figure
It's relatively cheap for a HT figure
I like the material of this suit much more than cloth

Con's:

Sideshow will be releasing an iconic comic version to go with Batman
The suit will be updated in Batman/Superman and might be better
I thought the movie was just "ok"
I don't see myself buying a companion figure from the movie. Zod is great and Faora would be cool but there is only so much money and i have other priorities.

At the moment i'm thinking of ordering him and maybe sell it if something better is released? :dunno

Racetrack.. Just get him. He's too awesome to pass up!

:goodpost: Racetrack don't over think it, just take out your wallet and give your money to sideshow. At the end they always win :lol

Is the S shield lower on the figure? Shouldn't it be higher? Either way, I'm getting it! Maybe even two times!

Yes it should be higher. In order for the tip of the shield to hang down past his chest like it does in the film, they had to lower the "S" shield. It may be due to the fact that it's a tad undersized.

Torso looks long and thin , almost like his lat insertions are too high

Back