Hot Toys - MMS168 - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man its been so long since iv had mark1. i sold mine 2 years ago :/ wish i didnt but i think of it as a trade up to this :D. but odd thing when i opened it he was tied into the plastic. so when i flipped him over not thinking the helmet piece and hands fell out lol so when u guys get urs keep that in mind. also a lil piece of skin toned plastic fell off him. but cant for the life of me find the pice that broke. o well as long as it looks fine. the batter case is encased in plastic wityh the battery seperater inside. i didnt want to risk doing something wrong so i ddint remove it. but the right arm past the hand is just ttb no cloth covering it. so at some angles u can see it. besides that this is awesome!

PICT2840.jpg

PICT2850.jpg

PICT2851.jpg

Got mine today and I'm a little disappointed. But let me say this first, great paint job, great head sculpt, much better proportions when compared to other marks.

Unfortunately, when they fixed the proportions they also lost a ton of range in the articulation. On the 1.0 I was able to raise both arms 90 degrees(parallel to the floor) but 2.0 I can barely get them past 45 degrees without angling them weird. This is also same with the shoulders, legs, and torso, lots of restrictions. :(

I'm still happy but very disappointed that I can't pose him nearly as well as I could with my old Mark I. Also it's really tough to pose him with the flame accessory in a way that doesn't make him look like he's roasting bugs on the ground.

114502kafvktbtbaqtbvbz.jpg

^ BS, Hot Toys, BS. The actual range on that shoulder is like 30% of that. Can't even get to the 45degree mark.

/rant

Got mine today and I'm a little disappointed. But let me say this first, great paint job, great head sculpt, much better proportions when compared to other marks.

Unfortunately, when they fixed the proportions they also lost a ton of range in the articulation. On the 1.0 I was able to raise both arms 90 degrees(parallel to the floor) but 2.0 I can barely get them past 45 degrees without angling them weird. This is also same with the shoulders, legs, and torso, lots of restrictions. :(

I'm still happy but very disappointed that I can't pose him nearly as well as I could with my old Mark I. Also it's really tough to pose him with the flame accessory in a way that doesn't make him look like he's roasting bugs on the ground.

114502kafvktbtbaqtbvbz.jpg

^ BS, Hot Toys, BS. The actual range on that shoulder is like 30% of that. Can't even get to the 45degree mark.

/rant

486488_10151008988007344_429298187_n.jpg

539069_10151008991007344_834689786_n.jpg

10504_10151008991167344_249820098_n.jpg

Try harder?:dunno

edit:
note the arm is turned sideways and it appears the waist is leaning a bit to bring the arm up more.

I got a lemon Mark 1 and really damn unlucky.
My lights on the figure could not be switched on at all and bringing him back to my local toy shop to see if I could exchange it.
Hope everything goes well and hope I am one of the few unlucky ones with bad QC....

Back