Hot Toys - MMS168 - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just really hope they make the head sculpt have a really sweaty look. :)

I agree. I think the hair should be more messy and face more sweaty. He needs some dirt on his face too. As I mention before, I think this new headsculpt if nice but a little too clean. It looks like he just came out of the shower and groomed himself. Clean cut facial hair and finely combed hair. He doesn't look like he just was in a cave in captivity for awhile. LOL :slap

Thanks for the movie comparison pics Ed, those kinda make me not want it even more. I really like this piece and missed out on the Original, but having a ton of IM in my collection is kind of a bummer to me. I may pass on this one as I decided to go for the 89 Bats line.

In the case of the OC Bats and Bruce Wayne Bats I was very glad I didn't offload the former to buy the latter. The value of OC Bats doesn't appear to have taken much of a hit with the new release.

...but I don't think they'll make a mess of the QC with the Mk1 design, so maybe the price will drop and stay there once the 2.0 version is out.

Glad I immediately sold mine for a bit higher than that after seeing the proto pics of this new one.:yess: I know this road will be inevitable.:monkey2

Same here, I got so lucky... sold mine for $475 shipped literally like 2 weeks before proto pics hit :yess::yess::yess:

What's changed? It should still be worth it to you now as it was then. :dunno

If i ever really did buy v1.0 for a premium price just weeks prior to v2.0 announcement, i'd get pissed since I could've paid less :lol

Fortunately, im not [yet] crazy enough to pay top dollar for sold out HT figs

Latest Store front pics @ Hot Toys HK

Working206.jpg

https://figuremaniac.blogspot.com/2012/01/window-display-ht-hk-shops-20-jan-2012.html

I've been watching them selling for under $300 on ebay also.

I guess they are selling for less based on demand. Fewer people are biding because they know they can get the 2.0 for under $250.

I bought my HT MMS Dark Knight for just under 100 dollars when the DX when up for pre-sale. Funny what a re-issue does to the secondary market.

I think there's going to be some good buying opportunities on the MK1 V.1 for the next several months.

Disappointing for everyone with V1 but this re-release is a better catch. These mark 1 originals are going to be fairly marked down now on eBay. Will still wait for re release however.

I'll be completely honest, if the v1 drops below the price of this re-release I'll buy that one no problem. I just want the Mark, I'll never display it with the mask up anyway so that isn't a factor.

Part of me is secretly hoping that eventually we'll get a Mark I in the 1:4 size if HT is really dedicating as much as they seem to be in that scale.

That was mine. I probably could've sold it for much more, but 3 factors come into play. 1: the missing pin, which damn near killed me when I saw it went missing. I try my very best to take care of these things (unless I'm modding one :lol) but I was really heart-broken with that. 2: I want the new one so I sold this to fund it. 3: And most importantly, I'm a collector who knows how difficult it is to try to find these at a decent price. I paid about $200 for this one from Toy Square, so not much profit here. I'm just glad another collector had the chance to get this without having to sell his/her blood or something.

Back