Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope they make a HT Avengers Hulk. Here's my attempt.
eeb757da.jpg

e646bac6.jpg

822ea552.jpg

52f095fc.jpg

Not great pics but looks pretty good I think. And posable.

Thanks. Sentinel figure + stretch-n-roar hulk + marvel icons hulk feet = it's alive, ALIVE!

Well that review is a little bit of a bummer since I do base alot of my purchases on Michaels reviews but Im still looking forward to this figure.

The issue with the holster, well if you open it and insert the M1911 then line up the button with the flap and press, you get a combination of issues with the button having nothing to brace it from behind it just sinks back between the trigger hole of the M1911 and also the hole punched on the holster to snap over the button is still too small to easily push it back closed after opening.

Be patient and use tweezers or move the gun over while holstered to give that button no room to sink backwards as you apply pressure trying to seal the holster.I even suggest you try and make the hole on the holsters flap maybe a tad wider.

Sentinel figure? Where?

The sentinel figure is the base figure orthe skeleton of it all. It's 16 inches tall so the best base I could find. I took the head and hands off as well as trimmed down the forearms and wrists after removing all the armor pieces. I took the stretch n roar hulk and since it's hollow inside, just a few bean bags, slipped the rubber skin over the sentinel figure like a shirt. Then cut the shins and feet off and added the hulk icons feet. I stitched the jeans myself and glued down the waist of the rubber to the sentinel waist. He is actually articulated but I have not been able to get a neck joint to move the head.

If I can make something like this I know Hot Toys can blow it out of the water.

Another thing about the hands falling off well, the ball wrist joints are covered with this brown pleather sock thingy and i'd assume that is why some might have trouble or they just are not applying the hands correctly to the post, mine sit on well and the head is not loose on my figure at all, stays on nice and snug.

Just picked mine up today, must say.......it's fantasic :> will try to take some better pics later, currently my home is under water as there's bad flooding here in Bangkok. Hmm ____ it, dont care now I have this bad boy:>

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked mine up today, must say.......it's fantasic :> will try to take some better pics later, currently my home is under water as there's bad flooding here in Bangkok. Hmm ____it, dont care now I have this bad boy:>

picture.php

Man sorry to hear about the flooding.
I work in shipping & have a few agents in Bangkok & they've said it's pretty bad.
Hope all clears up soon.

Cap looks amazing congrats on getting him.

Neil

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on getting it so soon gary23, considering it has only been a day or 2 that the dealer
started distributing them and that u r living in the flooded area. I'm not in the flooded area
but have yet to get any info on mine.

anyways, hope ur area dry up soon.

The only thing I find a bit ridiculous with this fig is that its pants have belt loops, yet you can't use them since the belt cannot be removed without cutting it...I'm thinking I'll try to cut the belt somewhere it won't show and carefully re-glue it once I pass it in the loops.

Well, he never wore his belt like that during the movie.I think having his tactical belt looped through the trousers would look silly.

Back