Hot Toys - MMS113 - Blade II - 1/6th scale BLADE Ltd Ed spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DX is Hot Toys' newest line of figures. What they do is take figures they have done in the past, and redo them in a new, way better DX version. They did it with the Joker and the Dark Knight. In some ways it's great because we get awesome versions of the figures we love, and in some ways it sucks big time because it's kind of a "screw you" to all those fans who picked up the initial version.

ah, i understand -- thanks, guys. i'd say it's very much how any entertainment industry justifies churning out stuff that has been released previously.

good example would be a record -- i own the original pressings of marvin gaye's "what's going on" and curtis mayfield's "super fly" -- the companies have reissued so-called deluxe versions with additional tracks and alternate takes and bla bla bla, which is both great and ^^^^ty for the very same reasons you posted.

funny thing is, just yesterday i bought the complete dvd box on ebay for $ 123.00, including the action figure ... and then i found the link to this announced release. definite purchase for me -- but then, i'm not a real action figure collector, i stick to vinyl records as my main area of burning money. :D

blade & enter the dragon, these would be the movies that i look for ... the enterbay bruce lee figures, albeit wonderful, are way out of my price range for the time being. this one by hot toys will make a beautiful addition on the other hand. would be great if they did an n'bushe wright figure, haha.

blade 1 -> awesome
blade 2 -> awful
blade 3 -> alright

:emperor
blade 1 -> awesome
blade 2 -> bad freaking ass
blade 3 -> horrible

Excellent. I'll wait for Sideshow then. Thanks.

*Joins Reinhardt*

For me Blade II's only failings are kinda dodgy costume design in places and really dodgy CG fight scenes in places. Other than that it's pretty damn great. The reapers are of my top 5 movie monsters easily.

For me Blade II's only failings are kinda dodgy costume design in places and really dodgy CG fight scenes in places. Other than that it's pretty damn great. The reapers are of my top 5 movie monsters easily.

I do agree with some of the CG being like rubber men fighting back in forth, I remember spotting that the very first time watching Blade II but none the less it's still my fav from the trilogy :rock

I do agree with some of the CG being like rubber men fighting back in forth, I remember spotting that the very first time watching Blade II but none the less it's still my fav from the trilogy :rock

I'm right there with ya. Shortcomings, yes, still my favorite Blade film.

LOVED Blade 2, loved the Blood Pack, loved Reinhardt (ofcourse) and loved Nomak. My favorite of the 3 when it comes to repeat viewings.

But something about Blade 1 makes it still my favorite of first time viewings. I still remember how awesome it was seeing in the theatre, seeing the blood rain in the club, Blade's car, Whistler, Stephen Dorf, the music, the badass weapons... it was all new and completely badass. Doesn't hold as well to repeat viewings as the second one though - probably because it was much darker and less fun than Part 2.

Apart from the opening scene, Part 3 was absolute garbage, and doesn't exist in my mind.

I'm right there with ya. Shortcomings, yes, still my favorite Blade film.

I think whenever I heard that Blade III was coming I was so excited I thought this was going to blow my mind from Blade II, it just goes to show you that with such a great movie being only the sequel that it gets harder and harder for them to top their latest creation with the series.

Blade II had to be phenomenal otherwise most of us wouldn't of seen Blade III and a epic failure. :lecture

Part III is literally all the things Goyer kept trying to put into the blade movies that got cut out all jammed into one flick. I'm not a big Goyer fan.

I think that Blade II was more a testament to the directing prowess of Guillermo del Toro than anything else. With the exception of the "The Right Stuff" strut to the tune of that horrible N.E.R.D. song. :rolleyes: That's got Wesley Snipes's ego written all over it.

I do believe the ice skating line from the first film was all him.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/trwT68U10A8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/trwT68U10A8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back