Hot Toys MMS02 The Terminator - T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS02 - The Terminator: 1/6th Battle Damage T800 Collectible Figure (T

Does anyone know where I can get the kit bag that comes with the MMS02? I'd hate to buy the whole figure for just the bag as I want it to go with the gatling gun I have.

heres a link i got from the T2 T-800 thread:

https://store-rooms.com/Product.aspx?sku=410

https://cgi.ebay.com/TB59-01-1-6-Ac...714?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b2213eea

its not the T1 kit bag but it great for a T2 custom.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS02 - The Terminator: 1/6th Battle Damage T800 Collectible Figure (T

Im good with that for my T2!

Lol, I cant imagine all the hype this thread will inspire once the T1 Tech Noir Arnie comes out, and everyone will be going crazy to find this to Kit Bash the regular. Despite the outfits and glasses wont match.

Re: Battle Damaged Terminator T-800

Since I got the head and couldn't get any other parts i just did this.....

DSC01135.jpg

DSC01136.jpg

DSC01133.jpg

Sorry but AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHH!

Any Terminator thread on the front page that isn't MMS117, MMS 136, MMS129 or the first teaser shots of a New BD T2 T-800/T1 T-800 should be forbidden!!

Man, I'm not sure if I should sell this or not. It has sentimental value to me because it was my very first Hot Toys, maybe even my first "high end" 1/6 figure.

BUT.

I've tried searching the internet far and wide for the sunglasses and one of the ammo straps. That's all I need for it to be complete, and to date, I've never seen the two items available.

It just really bothers me and now, it looks out of place with the Tech Noir versions. Par that with the fact that we might see the Police Shoot Out and I just don't know.

Decisions, decisions. I could cash in, probably get way more than I paid, or just keep the damn thing. I rarely sell my 1/6 figures, but the thought has been growing in my mind.

heres a link i got from the T2 T-800 thread:

https://store-rooms.com/Product.aspx?sku=410

https://cgi.ebay.com/TB59-01-1-6-Ac...714?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b2213eea

its not the T1 kit bag but it great for a T2 custom.

Thanks for posting this, ive been searching for ages for a bag for my T2, I thought coo models were going to make one but I can't find anywhere to get one but this will do nicely :)

Well I pulled the trigger and decided to take my chances and list this figure on ebay.

Here's hoping that Hot Toys releases a Police Shootout T-800 soon. I'll give them a year before I just buy another.

Hot Toys T1 Battle Damaged T-800 (MMS 02)

Hello all,

I recently had the fortune of stumbling upon a MISB HT Battle Damaged T-800 (leather jacket version) at Toy Square. I was quite surprised to see it listed, as it is a figure that at this point can usually be found only on EBay or through private sale, if at all - it being a 2004/2005 model, I believe. And when it is found, it is usually not in new & unopened condition.

So needless to say, I was a little startled to see it there and snapped it right up - albeit with some trepidation. The trepidation was mainly due to imagining what the battery compartment (or what's left of it) would look like after all these years. :horror On that note, I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with purchasing long out-of-production figures MISB, and what their observations with regard to battery corrosion and leakage in such cases have been.

In any event, I'll let you all know of the state of the figure when it arrives, and thanks for any information.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys T1 Battle Damaged T-800 (MMS 02)

Congrats on the find, that figure may not be that great but it does have some awesome accessoires. As far as the batteries are concerned at this point its a crap shoot, 6-7 years is a long time but as long as it has the little plasic tab seperating the batteries they should not leak as there is no contact. Good luck and keep us posted:)

Does this figure ever turn up on eBay much? And what sort of price does it go for since the release of the recent T1 T-800? Did it ever reach below $200? I see a BIN for $350 but if it was listed at 99 cents I struggle to imagine it hitting $250.

I like the look of the figure (and hope to own it one day) but it seems like a lot of people are only interested in it because of the accessories, which leads me to think that when another T1 comes out with the same accessories this figure is going to be pretty unwanted for the most part, maybe end up online for $150 - 180 at most? Would people agree with that or do they think there's a 'historical interest' or some such thing that's going to sustain a high price for this forever?

Last edited:
Does this figure ever turn up on eBay much? And what sort of price does it go for since the release of the recent T1 T-800? Did it ever reach below $200? I see a BIN for $350 but if it was listed at 99 cents I struggle to imagine it hitting $250.

I like the look of the figure (and hope to own it one day) but it seems like a lot of people are only interested in it because of the accessories, which leads me to think that when another T1 comes out with the same accessories this figure is going to be pretty unwanted for the most part, maybe end up online for $150 - 180 at most? Would people agree with that or do they think there's a 'historical interest' or some such thing that's going to sustain a high price for this forever?

The figure that Hot Toys produced as the successor to this one was the MMS136 T-800. But that was only a successor insofar as it was a T1, clothed, non-endoskeleton with a bunch of accessories. Other than that, the two figures are quite different, and from my perspective the MMS02 occupies a unique aesthetic position that the newer figure didn't supplant. I mean, you just can't beat LED eyes shining through a pair of Gargoyles!

So if Hot Toys ever produces a new T1 model which has those features that set the MMS02 apart, along with newer paint apps and clothing, perhaps the value of the piece will decline - but until then, I doubt it.

The figure that Hot Toys produced as the successor to this one was the MMS136 T-800. But that was only a successor insofar as it was a T1, clothed, non-endoskeleton with a bunch of accessories. Other than that, the two figures are quite different, and from my perspective the MMS02 occupies a unique aesthetic position that the newer figure didn't supplant. I mean, you just can't beat LED eyes shining through a pair of Gargoyles!

So if Hot Toys ever produces a new T1 model which has those features that set the MMS02 apart, along with newer paint apps and clothing, perhaps the value of the piece will decline - but until then, I doubt it.

Yeah, that is what I mean. I'd say it's a certainty that within three years at most/worst, likely much sooner, we'll have this a new version of this with Schwarzenegger likeness and other improvements, I don't think there's any doubt about that. I wonder though if that really will destroy the current value of this figure or is the market for it now being in part propped up by people just wanting this strange/unique Terminator toy, which would not change if a new version came along.

With the release of the recent T1 T-800 I was under the impression that people started selling these off in expectation of a BD version soon approaching. I was just wondering if anyone can remember what prices they roughly went for.

I'd buy this figure just for the laughs but it's too much damn money. I can't help it.. it just looks silly. Especially with the sunglasses on with the( appears) smiling teeth

View attachment 46228As an update, I just received the figure today, and as it turned out there is NO plastic tab to be pulled from the battery compartment to engage the light function. After seeing that, it came as no surprise when I moved the switch at the back of the neck to the "on" position and nothing happened.

I then went through the process of detaching the head to get at the battery compartment - and to my relief there appeared to be no noticeable leakage or extreme corrosion. I tried the switch one more time, and the eyes lit up! Unfortunately, they also flickered a bit and sometimes the switch failed to activate them at all.

After removing the button cells, I did see some slight rust on the batteries themselves, but nothing in the housing mechanism. I took one of the batteries to the nearest Radio Shack and picked up three of the closest things to it, which were unfortunately quite expensive. After inserting the new batteries, the performance seemed to have improved, but there was still some flickering and unresponsiveness from the switch.

However, now that I have reattached the head, there has again been an improvement, such that the switch now works more often than not and there is very little flickering.

Back