1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Winter Soldier Teases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think SLJ is fine as Fury. I think he started to define his character more in Avengers and really brought it to light in WS. Is there still some of his cookie cutter SLJ persona in the role? Ofc there is, but based on the quote visible at the end of the movie "The path of the righteous man..." (wont say where it was because of spoilers) the director and SLJ were obviously playing on that. So they -intended- for Fury to be this way.

As for the traditional non ultimate Fury, watch Predator 2. The police Captain in that movie is the best physical version of Nick Fury I have ever seen. Granted that movie was made decades ago, but it is Nick Fury, hands down.

Regardless, I, too, hope to see a second SLJ. If he matched his appearance at the climax of the movie that would be an instant buy for me.

Someone is selling that SHIELD lobby eagle on the RPF forum. It's 9" x 5.75":

https://www.therpf.com/f13/captain-america-tws-shield-lobby-eagle-sculpture-208392/

eagle01.jpg

To be fair, I think there's the fact that the Ultimates Nick Fury IS based on SLJ, so adapting the character into film that way (not to mention getting a POC to join the cast filled with white actors) seemed like an easy enough choice for Marvel to make (not to mention he's a big star name). Personally never had a problem with SLJ's Nick Fury. I've read my fair share of Ultimate comics, and since he's pretty much just SLJ in comic form in there, I'm not really bothered by his casting as the MCU's Nick Fury.

:goodpost: Ultimate Fury was always based on SLJ. Plus the Ultimate version of Fury is actually better from a storytelling standpoint. He exists in a very grey world. He is willing to do some questionable things in order to achieve his goals. Heck he's not even the head of SHIELD right now, and they are still digging up things he's put in place.

To me this was SLJ best turn as Fry same as TWS was Scarlett's best turn as Natasha. They were finally given something to do in these films. They are 2 characters who function best in a political intrigue, spy world. Neither has been given anything to do in any of the previous films. Fury has been basically an exposition machine. But in TWS we see them playing in their own world. We see how skilled and dangerous they both are. Loved them both in TWS. It makes me want a SHIELD movie(please cancel that horrid show) even more. Especially with that ending!

:goodpost: Ultimate Fury was always based on SLJ. Plus the Ultimate version of Fury is actually better from a storytelling standpoint. He exists in a very grey world. He is willing to do some questionable things in order to achieve his goals. Heck he's not even the head of SHIELD right now, and they are still digging up things he's put in place.

To me this was SLJ best turn as Fry same as TWS was Scarlett's best turn as Natasha. They were finally given something to do in these films. They are 2 characters who function best in a political intrigue, spy world. Neither has been given anything to do in any of the previous films. Fury has been basically an exposition machine. But in TWS we see them playing in their own world. We see how skilled and dangerous they both are. Loved them both in TWS. It makes me want a SHIELD movie(please cancel that horrid show) even more. Especially with that ending!
:exactly::goodpost:

Back