1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Teaser)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No helmet for Loki in The Dark World. And a slightly different costume, actually.

Slightly is a massive understatement

thor-the-dark-world-international-loki.jpg

Loki_TheAvengers.png

Slightly is a massive understatement

thor-the-dark-world-international-loki.jpg

Loki_TheAvengers.png

I think people are referring to the actual costumes worn in the movie

Loki does wear what appears to be the exact same outfit from T:TDW in the Avengers, such as the scene in the cell with Fury

Then he has his 'battle attire' which you have shown above

But from a Hot Toys perspective, you are completely right as HT have only made the battle attire

whilst they share very similar elements, the HT current outfit does not have the details underneath once you take it apart, such as the shoulder pads

so they would be effectively making a new outfit, but it would only be a little different

No thats Loki from the first Thor film which HT never released

Thanks for the clarification, didn't know that. jejeje...

I saw the movie last Thursday, it was such fun movie...
Better than the 1st one and Iron Man 3... Marvel did an excellent job with this one....:clap

Seeing as they released the two Thor figures right around the movie release, I'm hopeful that any additional figures will be shown no later than this coming Thursday when the movie hits theaters in the US.

coughSifcough :monkey1 I actually met Jaime Alexander on Friday at Comikaze :D I had no idea she was coming too, she wasn't on the guest list at all. She's absolutely gorgeous and sweet in person but her agent was being an *** and said we couldn't take pictures with her or get autographs...but I took a ton of pics. XD

After seeing The Dark World I took off the helmet and cape of my Loki figure and displayed him without them. Apart from a bit of extra armor on the overcoat and the hairlenght he looks a lot like how he did in TDW and I think it looks pretty damn awesome.

Might take a pic later if I'm not too lazy.

After seeing The Dark World I took off the helmet and cape of my Loki figure and displayed him without them. Apart from a bit of extra armor on the overcoat and the hairlenght he looks a lot like how he did in TDW and I think it looks pretty damn awesome.

Exactly, this is what I was saying above

It would be nice if Hot Toys could go abck to adding extra costumes with figures, they've done it before, T-1000, I believe Barney Ross does but that's recent so a surprise

With the Sleeveless Thor I get it, you need the armour inside so i don't know how easy it would be to make the arms interchangeable

but with Loki, the 'battle reasdy' shoulder pads could have come off and the 'casual' pads added and included in the box

Well imo It would be nice If body wise it actualy looked like him, rather then the 'Hiddles on steroids' that is the Avengers version.

HT do really need to have a line of taller thinner bodies for something such as this.

It doesn't look quite right otherwise. Also If you take Avengers Loki's helmet off he 's left with a pin head of course. :D

Amazing how every one loved loki when it was released...now everyone hates it.

Please do...would like to see how that looks.

I was never really impressed by the first Loki. It had this dead look to its sculpt that I hope they improve on with this one.

I don't! Only received mine this week and think it looks great!

And that's why I don't buy Hot Toys anymore from UK sellers, you got Loki is October? That's 5 months after I got mine from Sideshow (which in turn I'm guessing was a month after he was released in HK)

And that's why I don't buy Hot Toys anymore from UK sellers, you got Loki is October? That's 5 months after I got mine from Sideshow (which in turn I'm guessing was a month after he was released in HK)

Unfortunately I hadn't ordered in OSB's first batch, that, plus the fact OSB have been trying a new shipping method from HK meant that a lot of their figures were taking longer than usual. As of now, all figures will be coming to the UK by air again rather than by sea, which should mean quicker deliveries.

I'd still rather shop with OSB even with long wait times for the monetary savings and more importantly the great customer service that Wai Man offers.

That's fair enough, for me though I'm impatient and tbh I think if I were still waiting for Loki in October the buzz to get him would of gone completely for me by that point :(

That's fair enough, for me though I'm impatient and tbh I think if I were still waiting for Loki in October the buzz to get him would of gone completely for me by that point :(

I'm like that with Hulk, maybe it will change when I get the notice from OSB, not his fault though

I still had the buzz, partly helped by the fact that Thor 2 was in the cinema this past week and partly because it means I'm one step closer to completing my Avengers line up.

Hopefully though, we will start to see OSBs deliveries coming through a bit quicker now anyway and will get Tony Stark and Spidey relatively soon.(Hulk is still coming via the old shipping method)

I'm like that with Hulk, maybe it will change when I get the notice from OSB, not his fault though

Hulk will definitely reignite your buzz for him when you open him up, he's jaw dropping when you open him up ;)

Yeah, but mine has only cost me £95

Meh price doesn't really bother me (and never has with Hot Toys on the whole), I'd rather pay £200 (or whatever it was) and get him closer to his actual release rather than wait months just to get him half price :dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back