Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: TIE Pilot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "special forces stripes" don't actually exist on the real costume!

They were caused by a reflection on the mask of red lights on the console in front of the TIE pilot when filming

There were very few actual pictures available pre release of TFA, everything was top secret

Perhaps the toy companies were given the early pictures and an urban myth was born!

Not at all true.

First Order TIE Fighter Pilots | StarWars.com

The "special forces stripes" don't actually exist on the real costume!

They were caused by a reflection on the mask of red lights on the console in front of the TIE pilot when filming

There were very few actual pictures available pre release of TFA, everything was top secret

Perhaps the toy companies were given the early pictures and an urban myth was born!

Where do you get your misinformation?

Hasbro's marketing the figure. The StarWars site has it listed. All indications are its another "toy grab" variant planned in production. Maybe your source wore the other costume?

Sure look like genuine stripes on the helmet in the trailer AND movie. Why would one pilot have them and another not if the cabin lights are consistent?

Believe one man with 9 posts OR many toys and references AND my own eyes? Hmmmmmm.....

Last edited:
Hasbro and the star Wars.com link probably only had that picture to go by, I think there is a Pop Funko as well, as I said, an urban myth

I was getting Aaron Ayamah's autograph, he asked me how I wanted it signed, when I said "Special forces TIE pilot" he told me the full story.

I was getting Aaron Ayamah's autograph, he asked me how I wanted it signed, when I said "Special forces TIE pilot" he told me the full story.

He's likely just wrong.

This guy...?

2529526674.jpg

Doesn't seem like a Master of all Star Wars knowledge to me.

Look closer at that picture in the link you posted and you will see what I mean.

The blurb beside it was written by someone looking at that picture.

So an official Star Wars site and the visual dictionary both have it wrong? I'm not going to argue about this because there's no point.

Why is there a special forces tie fighter and a standard tie? Are you going to tell me the red markings on the SF Tie are just tricks of light?

So an official Star Wars site and the visual dictionary both have it wrong? I'm not going to argue about this because there's no point.

Why is there a special forces tie fighter and a standard tie? Are you going to tell me the red markings on the SF Tie are just tricks of light?

indeed

there is no point

Of all the TFA stuff, this is what I wanted the most. Even a couple, but it has gone so far down my list now...
Why is everyone so keen to offload HT so fast, lol! I am so going to miss out on these.

indeed

there is no point

No one is arguing, I thought this was an interesting story and that I would share it.

I collect Star Wars autographs and love the stories and anecdotes from people that were there.

Some people on this board strive for accuracy with their figures and would perhaps like to know.

The toy companies do get it wrong based on pre release pictures. I have a titanium black series snow speeder that I never saw in the film.

I will provide as much information as I can to substantiate my posts but feel free to just ignore them.

I have a titanium black series snow speeder that I never saw in the film.

Hang on to it, because we're likely getting the "snow speeder chase" back in the movie/blu ray since it was filmed (or so I've heard).

As for the TIE helmet stripes -- isn't it possible that upon viewing a rough cut, the director felt that some separation was needed between the two TIE pilots so they added a "special forces" red stripe (in pick-up shots with a different "actor", maybe even CGI'd later) to help identify the two pilots. Also sells toys.

I'm not saying you're wrong or he's wrong -- but he may not know the whole story, so to blindly say they never had a red stripe and that it was a trick of light seems wholly inaccurate when there's so much evidence to the contrary. What ever it is, it is NOT an accident.

No one is arguing, I thought this was an interesting story and that I would share it.

I collect Star Wars autographs and love the stories and anecdotes from people that were there.

Some people on this board strive for accuracy with their figures and would perhaps like to know.

The toy companies do get it wrong based on pre release pictures. I have a titanium black series snow speeder that I never saw in the film.

I will provide as much information as I can to substantiate my posts but feel free to just ignore them.

Dude

who is talking trash or truth ?

read this
https://www.facebook.com/StarSigningsAutographsMemorabilia/photos/a.170773399739156.1073741826.150907748392388/584881494995009/?type=3&theater

whatever , a Red Striped Tie pilot helmets in the final movie product , that's it

Unrelated, but with all this arguing going on I thought I would share a fact of my own which you may or may not be aware of. I met the actor who played max rebo in jabbas palace. I know many of you will have the vintage Kenner figure of this guy (the blue elephant). Well he didn't actually have any arms. His legs are playing the piano and they lead to 2 butt cheeks that are sat on a big cushion. There is nothing below the keyboard. Look up some pics and this becomes more obvious. Kenner just guessed what his legs looked like and the rest is history...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back