Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies for the excess zeal... :lol

I guess I'm just at a loss as to why we'd ask someone to curtail their posts (especially great posts like Guyver's) just because it take an extra millisecond to move on past. Just don't understand why that task is so difficult and apparently annoying that someone would openly post about it appealing for a change in posting activity instead of employing a personal solution. Guess I'm old school...

No need to apologize, it's almost impossible to offend me.

It's not difficult. It's just consistent and to me (the only person I speak for) it's tiresome when the pics are sometimes almost identical. I don't spend a lot of time on the forum and when I do something like this becomes a hinderance to reading various opinions and in-hand reports. If I were motivated to take dozens of pics of a figure and share them I would do it in a dedicated photo thread. That's what I suggested.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, I believe there has been at least one other thread in the past where this was addressed (not by me).

I won't go on and on about it because a) I'm not trying to insult guyver and b) I am happy to admit I'm in the minority and applaud the piss 'n vinegar of a supportive mob. If everybody else enjoys it, godspeed. But I was civil in my post and I think it's a valid point.

Scrolling past pictures takes virtually no effort at all and is only irritating when someone else - someone else - quotes those pictures, as do the next five people. But personally I have always enjoyed Guyver's photos a great deal, and I hope he keeps posting them.

On the other hand, as reading posts with text takes longer, I feel like I've been robbed of the time it took me to read YoNoSe's posts, which were completely unnecessary.

Scrolling past pictures takes virtually no effort at all and is only irritating when someone else - someone else - quotes those pictures, as do the next five people. But personally I have always enjoyed Guyver's photos a great deal, and I hope he keeps posting them.

On the other hand, as reading posts with text takes longer, I feel like I've been robbed of the time it took me to read YoNoSe's posts, which were completely unnecessary.

And that's why there is an ignore button. I'm ALWAYS going to be an a-hole, but guyver does post a lot of good pics that I want to see. See how that works?

I'll second or third that the quoting of entire posts full of photos can be pretty irritating.

I've been guilty of that a few times by accident and agree it can be a pain. I think having photos and opinions in different threads would be more of a cluster as some would post opinions within the picture thread while some would be in the other thread. Lots of confusion.

Let's face it, whether you're scrolling past photos or opinions, a message board about Star Wars action figures is pretty much a waste of time. But I'm still here! :)

Thumbnail Rey 2.jpghttps://youtu.be/Ijqmy3hQLB0

Here is my review for the TWO PACK of Rey & BB-8. I hope all of you enjoy it.

Thank you, Jason

Yeah I actually find myself liking her more with the staff or cool silver blaster than the lightsaber. It makes her look a bit more unique on the shelf, and plus I just don't find the unlit plastic lightsaber blades to be all that cool or interesting to look at anymore. And even with Kylo I prefer him now just holding the hilt with no blades attached.

I'm the same way. I don't have any lightsaber blades on any of my displayed figure. I'm glad they include them and usually take a few picture with them, but they always end up back in the box.

I used the blade on Finn as he literally has no memorable scenes with that gun or the bag/bombs. But the blades just make them look like toys to me.

View attachment 294064https://youtu.be/Ijqmy3hQLB0

Here is my review for the TWO PACK of Rey & BB-8. I hope all of you enjoy it.

Thank you, Jason

Subscribed to you earlier today after seeing your Finn review, glad Rey & BB-8 is up so quickly, got one on the way from eBay, she'll be here tomorrow. Anyway awesome charisma, a few of the more popular 1/6 reviewers have gotten too obnoxious for me to watch so always looking out for new reviewers.

Agreed with you guys on the light sabers. I am just not a fan of how the clear plastic looks, reminds me of hasbro back in the day. When you trying to portray realism it just doesn't follow. In addition, I don't want multiples of the same weapons. Such as if im using luke saber for fin, i would have it on the same shelf as rey with lukes saber. Or I wouldn't have the same characters on the same shelf either. Such as rey, i have ordered both hot toys rely but they will not be set up together. To me it would look odd with all my characters and then two Rey's. As far as their accessories and what stays in the box or makes the figure, i tend to go with what looks the best and or is iconic to the character. Even though fin really did not have the bag and explosives for long, i like the wey it looks on him. I like to shoot for more the characters in a snap shot of the whole film or franchise than rather depict a specific scene. I love the way these characters look together when posed nicely. It looks like it could be a big movie poster.

Just got mine today. Went with the full scavenger look since I'm getting Resistance Rey which will let me display her face anyways. Aside from the precarious BB-8 base and the really finicky head wrap Hot Toys totally killed it!
dfb16902db63c36b212d6e0e25aad024.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies for the excess zeal... :lol

I guess I'm just at a loss as to why we'd ask someone to curtail their posts (especially great posts like Guyver's) just because it take an extra millisecond to move on past. Just don't understand why that task is so difficult and apparently annoying that someone would openly post about it appealing for a change in posting activity instead of employing a personal solution. Guess I'm old school...

:exactly:

A lot of times, the other members on here are the only ones we can get excited with about these figures. Then to essentially be told you're a little "too excited" for what's convenient for me?

In the words of Ultron Prime from AoU: "I wanted to show you. I don't, have anyone else."

Just got mine today. Went with the full scavenger look since I'm getting Resistance Rey which will let me display her face anyways. Aside from the precarious BB-8 base and the really finicky head wrap Hot Toys totally killed it!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you think of the HT bb8 compared to the Sphero, devs? I've got the Sphero but no HT. Just wondering if I need to spend the extra cash.

What do you think of the HT bb8 compared to the Sphero, devs? I've got the Sphero but no HT. Just wondering if I need to spend the extra cash.

I have the Sphero but ordered BB-8 from Toy Anxiety today. Sphero is well made and is a neat little tech toy but Hot Toys just has the detail and weathering that fits better with Rey's look. I always planned on just going with the Sphero but after seeing everyone's pics I had to pull the trigger. Just wish I would have had the forethought to get the 2 pack and save myself some cash.

So, is the BB-8 Version worth the extra money? I it seems like a substantial increase in price for something like that.

Isn't it $65 extra (retail), for me that was too good a price so it was certainly worth it. I understand the hesitation if you have to pick up just the BB-8 on the aftermarket and have the Sphero already though.

I was playing with the Sphero tonight, still fun to have. Cat still hates it.

Isn't it $65 extra (retail), for me that was too good a price so it was certainly worth it. I understand the hesitation if you have to pick up just the BB-8 on the aftermarket and have the Sphero already though.

I was playing with the Sphero tonight, still fun to have. Cat still hates it.

Well the BB-8 version is out on BBTS and will be coming to sideshow soon, but my local comic place has the solo version of Rey for $219.99, but all the sites have the BB-8 one for $289.99 and that doesn't include shipping, so looking at almost $90 more going through Sideshow or BBTS than if I go to my local store.

Back