Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I received Rey and BB8. Amazing set however the plastic left a huge shiny spot on her left arm and paint seems dark the spot too. I reached out to SS hopefully they help me out. I've had Cap BV and this set delivered in the last 3 days and each have issues. HT is dropping the QC ball so much now.

Ugh, my delivery has been rescheduled to Thursday. :impatient:
Oh well, I'm not going to be home long enough tonight to have opened her anyway.

Finally got to mess with her scavenger gear a bit.

EjFahqQl.jpg

w7Uw85Ol.jpg

ZmDhEl9l.jpg

This might be my favorite look. At least until we get dark side Rey next episode.

Not yet. Still holding my breath for a last minute hail mary.

After going through the thread I'm leaning towards where you guys were the other day. Pix seems happy now so that's encouraging. I dunno....looks prettty blank but is that from overexposure? Is my wallpaper boring or have I looked at it too long?

After going through the thread I'm leaning towards where you guys were the other day. Pix seems happy now so that's encouraging. I dunno....looks prettty blank but is that from overexposure? Is my wallpaper boring or have I looked at it too long?

This I wager. She looks super determined to kick some ass in person.

Does anyone know how to insert BB-8s antennas? I'm having a lot of trouble and I don't want to break them since they're so fragile.

Had a chance to look at mine real quick, and while I can just barely make out some sculpted teeth, it basically looks like the bright white mouth guard from earlier. The teeth don't seem nearly as defined as in some more recent pics I've seen in here.

It's a gorgeous looking sculpt otherwise though, so I think I can make do or fix the teeth with a bit of paint myself.

In the promo pics where everything is laid out i only see one relaxed regular hand and one relaxed gloved hand, though in the pictures of Rey there's one that has two relaxed gloved hands.

Had a chance to look at mine real quick, and while I can just barely make out some sculpted teeth, it basically looks like the bright white mouth guard from earlier. The teeth don't seem nearly as defined as in some more recent pics I've seen in here.

It's a gorgeous looking sculpt otherwise though, so I think I can make do or fix the teeth with a bit of paint myself.

You're also looking at it with an unassisted eye. When you see photos of it online, depending on the camera and/or glass it was taken with or even the display you are viewing the photo on, things could look more defined and detailed than they appear to the naked eye. People don't seem to understand this. They think adding details or whatever to such a small surface area will make things better when they are actually going to end up with something that photographs worse. Not saying it isn't possible as there are some inhuman talent out there, but the talk about taking a fine tip pen or whatever to it I've read here makes my stomach turn.

Mine has the mouth guard as well. It's a little disappointing since there are some figures here that seem to have some actual teeth detail.

My set didn't include the antenna for BB-8 either... As happy as I am with the figures, I almost feel like I got a dud.

You're also looking at it with an unassisted eye. When you see photos of it online, depending on the camera and/or glass it was taken with or even the display you are viewing the photo on, things could look more defined and detailed than they appear to the naked eye. People don't seem to understand this. They think adding details or whatever to such a small surface area will make things better when they are actually going to end up with something that photographs worse. Not saying it isn't possible as there are some inhuman talent out there, but the talk about taking a fine tip pen or whatever to it I've read here makes my stomach turn.

Maybe, but I think we've seen enough pics by now (in all kinds of different lighting conditions) to see that there does appear to be a batch of heads with brighter and less defined teeth. I really doubt it's all just in our imagination.

Back