Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the set today too, it's pretty terrific overall. After messing with it a bit I also have a new appreciation for the thousand or so poses guyver has posted here. Only a couple real gripes. 1)Not sure why they used this shade of orange on bb8. 2)I wish the belt was done up as nicely as the backpack, it is particularly terrific. The pack reminds me of the stuff that used to come with dx figs. Really the set with bb8 and all the other stuff kinda is a dx set without the cool monstrosity of a box and foam padding.

Does anyone know how to insert BB-8s antennas? I'm having a lot of trouble and I don't want to break them since they're so fragile.

You just have to swallow hard and shove 'em in. You'll be in abject panic mode because you don't want to break them, but it takes just a little more pressure than you'll be comfortable with, but once in, they are quite secure and look great!

I got the set today too, it's pretty terrific overall. After messing with it a bit I also have a new appreciation for the thousand or so poses guyver has posted here. Only a couple real gripes. 1)Not sure why they used this shade of orange on bb8. 2)I wish the belt was done up as nicely as the backpack, it is particularly terrific. The pack reminds me of the stuff that used to come with dx figs. Really the set with bb8 and all the other stuff kinda is a dx set without the cool monstrosity of a box and foam padding.

Yeah it's a pretty impressive set of accessories it comes with. And I agree about the coloring on BB-8. Not only is the orange way too dull, but the weathering isn't nearly as dark and heavy as it should be. Which just makes not nearly as cool to look at as I'd hope.

Does anyone have a picture of Kylo and Rey standing straight next to each other? Wanted to see the size/height difference.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a picture of Kylo and Rey standing straight next to each other? Wanted to see the size/height difference.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's an awful picture but I tried quickly, hope it helps :p

eC5B00W.jpg

Mine arrived a few hours earlier and I'm very pleased with it, it's definitely a beautiful set. She looks so much better in person than in any of the photos I've seen of the figure. I believe this is true for really any of these figures, but particularly so for this one. This is in no way an insult to anyone whom has posted photos of her, there have been some fantastic photos posted here, I just think it's incredible how much better this figure looks in hand compared to photos.

I think I prefer her look straight out of the box compared to dressed in full scavenger gear, so I think I might end up keeping this look for her. And I'm very impressed with BB-8. I had this impression that he was going to be somewhat "cheap," but that's definitely not the case. I'm glad I got the set, he's well worth the extra money.

As for the teeth, I think we all got a little too excited on this. The opening in the mouth is so small that the only way you really notice whether or not there's fine detail in there is if you were to grab a magnifying glass or scrutinize an awkwardly close image.

If you're looking at her from normal viewing distance, you can't tell the difference between mouth guard and teeth, and I've got one with teeth detail.

Got mine in today and she is absolutely fantastic! Easily my favorite Hot Toys so far. My only gripe with her is that I wish her head would tilt a bit more to the sides.

This figure does a great job at hiding all the joints. I suppose that is more a function of the costume design originally but it translates really well here. Nothing more distracting than really obvious joints, so this works great.

I'm looking forward to trying out a bunch of poses with her, there is so much in the box and so many possibilities!

rey1.jpg

rey2.jpg

rey3.jpg

Got mine in today and she is absolutely fantastic! Easily my favorite Hot Toys so far. My only gripe with her is that I wish her head would tilt a bit more to the sides.

This figure does a great job at hiding all the joints. I suppose that is more a function of the costume design originally but it translates really well here. Nothing more distracting than really obvious joints, so this works great.

I'm looking forward to trying out a bunch of poses with her, there is so much in the box and so many possibilities!

View attachment 292593

View attachment 292594

View attachment 292599

Wow you got a lot of freckles on yours..did they add that now :dunno

Back