Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm having a hard time deciding whether to get Rey or Superman. Both figures are pretty solid imo, but Rey's scultp is off and Superman's articulation scares me. I feel like Rey probably has much better articulation due to her not wearing a tight bodysuit, and as a new collector, that seems like a safer choice.

I'm having a hard time deciding whether to get Rey or Superman. Both figures are pretty solid imo, but Rey's scultp is off and Superman's articulation scares me. I feel like Rey probably has much better articulation due to her not wearing a tight bodysuit, and as a new collector, that seems like a safer choice.

If somebody had both of them in front of you right now, and you could only pick one, which would you choose?

6baimage.jpeg

1b1image.jpeg

2fbimage.jpeg

If somebody had both of them in front of you right now, and you could only pick one, which would you choose?

I would probably just stand there and cry lol, I suck at deciding things. I'm leaning towards Supes more, so thanks for the help. He is cheaper and I doubt Rey will sell out.

Last edited:
It's sad but I still think ill display her with the scavenger gear on. For some reason seeing those initial photos of the costumes on display at Celebration last year really got me into that look, even though she has that look for about 5 seconds in the movie. I guess if the head sculpt was stronger I'd feel differently.

It's sad but I still think ill display her with the scavenger gear on. For some reason seeing those initial photos of the costumes on display at Celebration last year really got me into that look, even though she has that look for about 5 seconds in the movie. I guess if the head sculpt was stronger I'd feel differently.

I agree -- the hooded scavenger is a very "Star Wars" looking style and will look great amongst the display. There will be plenty of other Rey versions to display her face.

You know, I wonder if dunking the arms in water might help tighten up the wrappings around her arm a bit more and make them look not quite as bulky...

The problem is they're supposed to be a genuine wrap, when in fact they're just a sleeve. The seam down the side really throws it off. It might look better to get some strips of fabric and actually wrap them around the arm.

*whispers* Superman.

You didn't hear me say that in the SW section though. :lol

Seriously though, the "safe bet" to me is more the one that looks more accurate, not the one with more articulation. The Ant-Man figure, for instance. Horrible articulation, but one of my better figures and seemingly for a lot of people as well. If you don't like the Rey sculpt very much, I'd prefer getting a figure that is accurate and just putting it in a museum pose as opposed to getting a figure with good articulation but not really care for the aesthetics of it.

*whispers* Superman.

You didn't hear me say that in the SW section though. :lol

Seriously though, the "safe bet" to me is more the one that looks more accurate, not the one with more articulation. The Ant-Man figure, for instance. Horrible articulation, but one of my better figures and seemingly a lot of people as well. If you don't like the Rey sculpt very much, I'd prefer getting a figure that is accurate and just putting it in a museum pose as opposed to getting a figure with good articulation but not really care for the aesthetics of it.

Thanks for the advice. Now that I think about it, the articulation doesn't really matter. My Scarlet Witch figure is in a pretty simple pose even though she has great articulation.

Just got my set delivered today as well , not had a chance to open Rey up yet lol ..... unmolested by customs as well HAPPY DAYS.:yess:

Back