Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the comparison you want.

EXACT same photo, just lightened up a bit. The iris detail is there, folks. You just can't see it in most of the promo shots...

cVJIRZ.png

Ok, so now I'm embarrassed. My apologies. I saved both of the hi Rez shots URSW used to make that composite and inadvertently pulled wrong one (the Photoshopped one) to lighten up for my comparison to the HT original promo shot. So THIS is the comparison actually you want. Both of these are in fact the original HT promo pic with some lighting enhancements...

8c6image.jpeg

...so it would appear that there's a good deal less photographic evidence to support my comment about the iris detail apparent in this shot (most was due to URSW's work). But I'll maintain that there is at least reason for some optimism... There is definitely a hint of that hidden iris texture here...

Last edited:
I'm almost 100% positive that this will be incredible in hand. Like everyone says, being blown up on our screens and in our hands/on our shelves are two different things. Same reason I'm excited for Finn to arrive. On display I'll be happy. But no doubt Rey should be better than Finn turned out.

I'm almost 100% positive that this will be incredible in hand. Like everyone says, being blown up on our screens and in our hands/on our shelves are two different things. Same reason I'm excited for Finn to arrive. On display I'll be happy. But no doubt Rey should be better than Finn turned out.

Agreed. If the sculpt already looks this good blown up huge on our monitors, I can only imagine how great it would look in-hand at normal size and displayed on our shelves.

Ok, so now I'm embarrassed. My apologies. I saved both of the hi Rez shots URSW used to make that composite and inadvertently pulled wrong one (the Photoshopped one) to lighten up for my comparison to the HT original promo shot. So THIS is the comparison actually you want. Both of these are in fact the original HT promo pic with some lighting enhancements...

8c6image.jpeg

...so it would appear that there's a good deal less photographic evidence to support my comment about the iris detail apparent in this shot (most was due to URSW's work). But I'll maintain that there is at least reason for some optimism... There is definitely a hint of that hidden iris texture here...

Without the irises being visible, she looks like she has the Black Oil eyes from X-Files. :lol

I have high hopes for this figure though. I'm confident the sculpt will turn out great.

I must resist the Star Wars line... I'm really tempted to pick her up with the rest of the gang of episode VII:

HTsummerreleases.jpg

I must resist the Star Wars line... I'm really tempted to pick her up with the rest of the gang of episode VII:

View attachment 274508
That's a tough ask of yourself. The Force is strong with this line, haha. I couldn't say no to the whole line, picked up my favorites, including a Rey/BB-8 & additional Rey.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Argh. I was hoping Rey would be delayed a little longer to ease my wallet a bit. Kylo and her were the only ones I want but the BvS stuff is hitting at the same time and Deadpool. Time to go looking for spare change and empty cans :lol

Back