Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered mine a week or so ago. At first glance, I thought they were releasing a 3rd pack - light sabre wielding Rey - thankfully, I was well off there.
This figure gets better and better in my opinion.
Of course, with the light sabre, I have to get Kylo Ren (which i was going to hang back on).

It's a great figure but irony is that finn has a lighted saber and the one who actually is the main character and the chosen force bearer does not have a lighted saber! ... :( :( also it's not about whether anyone will light it 24x7 or no, but many a times I do switch on some of the lights / characters (which can be lit) and admire the display!
Makes a huge difference!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

SSC looks the same, as does HT. The light sabre is mentioned only in the 'details' of the Rey page. I was expecting HT to update their gallery.
It does tho, make it clear that this will not be a light up light sabre.

Well this just made purchasing this even more worthwhile. I was already content with the set since I was fond of the desert look, but this basically elevated it to everything that I wanted to get out of the figure. Not too fussed over the unlit saber though, I'm just happy we're getting it at all.

This is an amazing set. I may just have to go the eBay route and get this one early.

THIS^
And the way the 4inch and 6inch Rey figures have been moving, I swear to god that this will move quick too!
In forTHIS and I HOPE they do the Resistance outfit!

Ah, so apparently this is including a saber after all? Nice. Even though it baffled me why she didn't in the first place, it wasn't a big deal to me. I was planning on picking up an extra Finn saber to put in Rey's hands, so it's cool that will no longer be necessary.

They didn't show the lightsaber at first as it was a spoiler, but too bad it doesn't light up unlike Finn's.

I was hoping to wait on the Resistance uniform version with the staff and lightsaber. It may be an exclusive as most Hot Toys colour variations and costume variation had been. However, if Episode VIII picks up immediately from where the ending left off, then the Resistance uniform will simply be Rey ver.Episode 8 with slight aging due to 1 year filming.

THIS^
And the way the 4inch and 6inch Rey figures have been moving, I swear to god that this will move quick too!
In forTHIS and I HOPE they do the Resistance outfit!

No way Hot Toys don't make a ton of these.

It's a great figure but irony is that finn has a lighted saber and the one who actually is the main character and the chosen force bearer does not have a lighted saber! ... :( :( also it's not about whether anyone will light it 24x7 or no, but many a times I do switch on some of the lights / characters (which can be lit) and admire the display!
Makes a huge difference!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

And the handle is wrong. Hot Toys have used the Empire version of the handle which isn't correct. One of the buttons has been removed for Force Awakens.

Back