Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something like HAS to be seen on the big screen at least once or you are really missing out. I can understand waiting and watching a comedy or court room drama on DVD but this is an experience.

IMO

Size isn't everything. That's what I keep telling her her anyway.

Yeah, but I'm anti-social.

I like to deal with fellow nerds through the protective barrier known as the internet. :lol
I totally understand lmao. You could always go on a week day during the morning. You'd probably have the theater to yourself :hi5:

My girlfriend originally wanted to wait a couple weeks and watch it when we go on vacation because she really hates opening weekend crowds. But there are so many showings none of them are full so we went at 11am to be safe and it was about 60% full so she was happy with that.

I totally understand lmao. You could always go on a week day during the morning. You'd probably have the theater to yourself :hi5:

I was actually considering the possibility of going to the cinema. But then it's not how I like to watch films. I don't always watch films from beginning to end in one go, and sometimes I'll get a DVD or Blu-ray of a recent film (when I see it cheap at a car boot sale), but then might not watch it until months later.

(I think I've had the first season of Game of Thrones for a couple of years but none of the discs have ever been anywhere near my Blu-ray player yet).

Kuat, stop what you are doing RIGHT NOW and put in disc 1 of Game of Thrones!! NOW!!

:lol

Don't make me stop watching TFA. 33 minutes done now. :lol

At 24:30 the guy sitting next to the cam holder says in a funny voice (fake Welsh?):

"Sorry to bother you, but we've had reports that someone's recording this. I don't want to point any fingers..."

Then there's the sound of somebody being hit and the cam holder saying angrily, "Leave that alone."

:rotfl

Don't make me stop watching TFA. 33 minutes done now. :lol

At 24:30 the guy sitting next to the cam holder says in a funny voice (fake Welsh?):

"Sorry to bother you, but we've had reports that someone's recording this. I don't want to point any fingers..."

Then there's the sound of somebody being hit and the cam holder saying angrily, "Leave that alone."

:rotfl

That guy is probably missing and will never be found. You do not take money from the mouse and get away with it. Mickey and his gang will hunt you down and bury you in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.:lol

That guy is probably missing and will never be found. You do not take money from the mouse and get away with it. Mickey and his gang will hunt you down and bury you in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.:lol

It's true. The Mojave is covered with the shallow graves of those who stole from the Mouse.

Now they have Jakku they have even more space to stash bodies. :lol

Half hour on and you'll want to delete it from your pc

:pfft:

(Couldn't it I wanted to. It's streaming. :lol)

Give it a rest, we get it, you don't like the film. No need to keep posting in every TFA figure thread then is there.

:lecture

I won't have another bad word said about this film.

Unless it's about duck troopers. :monkey3

40:26 Rey: "You're Han Solo?!"

I'm starting to get emotional. :monkey2

Likeness isn't perfect but it's REALLY close enough that I instantly recognize who it is upon first glance, especially compared to some other female HT sculpts where I have to squint really hard just to "get" a likeness out of them. I really love the expression they chose, simple but it gives her a focused/determined look unlike the soulless expressions we're so used to with HT's female figures.

I'm personally happy with how the figure looks overall and her design lends itself to what I actually prefer for HT figures (loose clothes and hidden joints which hopefully means she won't have rubber elbows). Only thing I'd complain about is that...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Honestly, Rey stole the entire movie for me, enough that she's probably the only character I'll be buying from this film.

I liked Rey as a character and thought Daisy did a great job, but I don't feel compelled to add her figure to my shelves.

Interesting. If I had to choose just one figure from TFA, it'd be her. I like her skills and I like her look. That one shot of her by her home
Spoiler Spoiler:
-- so vintage sci-fi. (Are we still using spoiler tags?)

She took on two random thugs with a stick. This means she can use a lightsaber and take on a trained dark side wielding sith? There's no way I can take your comment seriously.

She very clearly knew how to wield a staff and fight. Her opponent had been shot and had just fought someone else. Add her force sensitivity to the mix, and I don't see it as that much of a stretch.

At least as easy as accepting things like the Millennium Falcon and TIE fighters racing through atmosphere like F-18s.

This bit with Rey was fun too.
PS7DE1T.jpg

Chewie was wounded just for that moment.

She very clearly knew how to wield a staff and fight. Her opponent had been shot and had just fought someone else. Add her force sensitivity to the mix, and I don't see it as that much of a stretch.

At least as easy as accepting things like the Millennium Falcon and TIE fighters racing through atmosphere like F-18s.

Again i'll submit this...

Spoiler Spoiler:

If Rey gets a lightsaber, that may be enough to push me over the edge to get Rey and Kylo. But the figure I actually want most from this film is Poe Dameron. Unfortunately, I'm not sure it will happen. I was at Toys R Us this weekend, and the Star Wars aisle was totally ransacked. . .except for dozens of Dameron figure lining the shelves :lol

Again i'll submit this...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Possible.

If Rey gets a lightsaber, that may be enough to push me over the edge to get Rey and Kylo. But the figure I actually want most from this film is Poe Dameron. Unfortunately, I'm not sure it will happen. I was at Toys R Us this weekend, and the Star Wars aisle was totally ransacked. . .except for dozens of Dameron figure lining the shelves :lol

I want Poe as well. He was possibly my favourite new character.

Back