Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yip. He got his from SSC! She's in stock at ssc! C'mon give me my shipping email damnit. The wait is killing me already!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

also if she was in stock they would have sent out an email 14 days or so before it arrived.

He always gets his in advance..SSC wants him to review it so they always send it early to him. He sometimes gets prototypes in advance just to review. Not necessarily means he got it himself, just to review for these companies. :lecture

It's not a big deal. Music and book publishers send advance copies to reviewers to generate buzz. Standard way of doing things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems i have to do this every now and then...maybe i should just create a PDF file and copy and paste when i need to LMAO

I do get figures sent to me early to review. I have a separate account with a PR person that i preorder my figures through. When SS gets a portion of their stock in, if i have any balance on that particular figure, they contact me and ask if they can go ahead and charge me the remaining amount, then the ship the figure out to me. If i don't owe anything left on it, they just send it out to me. In both cases, these are usually partial shipments they get. Not enough to start fulfilling orders by the masses yet. Occasionally, a figure will come in that isn't on my preorder list. But they contact me and ask me if i want it. I get my standard discount on the figure (10% for regular figures...sometimes higher priced ones i'll get 20%) and if i think it is a figure that will garner a decent amount of interest, i'll say yes, pay and they ship it out.

Any other questions, feel free to ask. I don't mind when people are respectful and ask me things :)

Seems i have to do this every now and then...maybe i should just create a PDF file and copy and paste when i need to LMAO

I do get figures sent to me early to review. I have a separate account with a PR person that i preorder my figures through. When SS gets a portion of their stock in, if i have any balance on that particular figure, they contact me and ask if they can go ahead and charge me the remaining amount, then the ship the figure out to me. If i don't owe anything left on it, they just send it out to me. In both cases, these are usually partial shipments they get. Not enough to start fulfilling orders by the masses yet. Occasionally, a figure will come in that isn't on my preorder list. But they contact me and ask me if i want it. I get my standard discount on the figure (10% for regular figures...sometimes higher priced ones i'll get 20%) and if i think it is a figure that will garner a decent amount of interest, i'll say yes, pay and they ship it out.

Any other questions, feel free to ask. I don't mind when people are respectful and ask me things :)
Thanks for explaining it. I enjoy your reviews.

Thanks for explaining it. I enjoy your reviews.

No problem. There are a LOT of misconceptions about a lot of us reviewers because several DO get stuff given to them for free. I"m not coming down on them. I could too, but i like maintaining a level of honesty in my reviews and i feel paying for them, same as everyone else, lets me maintain that. IF people are respectful and ask me things, i don't mind answering as many questions as possible. Sometimes i am not allowed to answer certain things, like how much i make on youtube for example. Lots of people complain about me not answering that, but it's in the TOS that we're not allowed to mention our CPMs and stuff.

No problem. There are a LOT of misconceptions about a lot of us reviewers because several DO get stuff given to them for free. I"m not coming down on them. I could too, but i like maintaining a level of honesty in my reviews and i feel paying for them, same as everyone else, lets me maintain that. IF people are respectful and ask me things, i don't mind answering as many questions as possible. Sometimes i am not allowed to answer certain things, like how much i make on youtube for example. Lots of people complain about me not answering that, but it's in the TOS that we're not allowed to mention our CPMs and stuff.
I was gonna ask if you know about the other reviewers but I think they mostly get there figures from BBTS. Not to put words in your mouth but paying for the figures helps to deter from people saying the review is bias.

I was gonna ask if you know about the other reviewers but I think they mostly get there figures from BBTS. Not to put words in your mouth but paying for the figures helps to deter from people saying the review is bias.

I can't really speak for the arrangements other reviewers have. What i can say about BBTS is that they buy advertising space on channels. Speaking from my experience with them only obviously. They don't pay based on sales or anything you might generate. We get a flat fee for the traffic we send them each month, usually that is paid out to us in the form of store credits.

I can't really speak for the arrangements other reviewers have. What i can say about BBTS is that they buy advertising space on channels. Speaking from my experience with them only obviously. They don't pay based on sales or anything you might generate. We get a flat fee for the traffic we send them each month, usually that is paid out to us in the form of store credits.

Hey optibotimus, I sent you a PM.

That's cool you get paid in something you enjoy. Thanks once again to explaining it to me. Hope you have a good vacation.

Back