Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I found him pretty charming throughout and thought he had excellent chemistry with Rey. I thought the movie really started to hit its stride when they hook up. Also thought his saber scenes were interesting, the one with Kylo seemed so filled with raw emotion. There were a few Finn lines I could have done without, but that goes for a few of the characters.

So two points:

1. While the idea of whether Finn is Force sensitive or not is a developing one, one way or the other, it is CLEAR that he is operating under the will of The Force. If Finn doesn’t have his miraculous break from his training and indoctrination AT THE PRECISE MOMENT THAT HE DOES, Poe does not escape from the First Order, Rey does not appreciate the urgency of getting BB-8 to the Resistance, Han Solo doesn’t get back the Falcon, the strategic plan that destroys Star Killer is not formulated, and none of the Han/Ben dynamic ever takes place (which I believe will be the centerpiece for VIII and IX) at least in the timeline set forth in TFA. So FINN’s presence in TFA is as absolutely critical to the story as any other character in TFA.

I continue to be surprised that people are still reporting that they are not drawn to this wide-eyed, accessible, funny, brave and heroic character. I think he and Rey together carry the Luke Skywalker mantel for the Sequel Trilogy. So if you’re “not getting” Finn, or are refusing to because he doesn’t fit your personal template of a Star Wars hero, you may also not be getting the entire ST because I think he is/will be at its heart.

2. The attraction of Finn to Rey is obvious. Through the movie, the bond evolves and branches out into new levels and intensities, but, for Finn at least, the core of their relationship is that he is beginning to love her, and he’s hoping for signs of reciprocation (I know I’ve never been in this situation, but perhaps some of you guys can relate :)). This is also another huge reason why I’m drawn very personally to Finn’s character. Who hasn’t been here (besides me, of course)? Identifying with his yearning to have his feelings returned is a big factor for me. It certainly looked as though Rey was in the process of Friend Zoning Finn at the end of the movie, so maybe she will make that official at some point in VII, but I don’t think its possible to deny the dynamic that’s there on the screen between the two.

I fear that some may just not like the "look” of them together, and that scares and repulses me at the same time…

Last edited:
Han's little lecture to him about women seeing through deception was very much a relationship type talk and not just a friend, otherwise her gender would be irrelevant in the discussion.

I think a lot of people on here and perhaps in the world don't want Rey to hook up with anyone as her being single fans the flames of their own fantasy/desire for her.

Huh, I really liked Finn myself. And while there might have been some attraction there, I didn't get the sense he was hitting on Rey all movie long or anything. And for the most part it felt like he just saw her as a friend and someone to watch out for.

I liked Finn, and the most important thing about him is that he decides to walk away from being a murderer. That makes him who he is and sets the whole movie in train.

As for the relationship with Rey I think they were consciously emulating ANH where there was no real romance just suggestions of it - in both films romance was a possibility but didn't get in the way of the adventure.

I'd have no problem at all seeing Rey and Finn hook up, though, and maybe that's how it will happen at the end of IX.

Huh, I really liked Finn myself. And while there might have been some attraction there, I didn't get the sense he was hitting on Rey all movie long or anything. And for the most part it felt like he just saw her as a friend and someone to watch out for.

I concur with this.

I actually thought Finn was a good character. Despite being abducted as a child by the FO and brainwashed by them, he possessed a strong sense of morality. I also didn't get the sense that he was overtly hitting on Rey at all, but more saw her someone to watch out for simply because I'm presuming she is probably his first genuine friend (other than Poe). He mentioned he was abducted as a child by the FO, so I highly doubt that when he escaped, "hitting on" the first female he came across was probably the furthest thing from his mine. I think he was just happy to make a friend that he can trust.

Mine was too long, wasn't it..?

Maybe a tad for some attention spans, but absolutely on point ....

Daisy's private life's very, er, private isn't it? Never seen any mention of a partner. I wonder if she's gay?

Because she's .... private? Because privacy equals gay? Because no one is ever single? That's a bit like, "That guy's wearing pink ... I wonder if he's gay?"

tumblr_inline_nzl1zi1b2i1qcbnkc_500.gif

Back