Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be my set up - Luke and Rey yoda style!
d59dec3264230dc3f3dbac82678da883.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

They look like they're having a ball making this.

Spoilers, people! (Yes, it's minor, but still). Guess it's time to unsubscribe from this thread again.

I don't understand 'spoilers' in a movie derived from comic book characters that have been around since the 60's.

Is Cap's death a spoiler? He didn't already die at least once?

Only two more for me. I honestly cannot wait to get this figure. Does BB-8 have any light up features? I'm sure I heard he has? I need to get my base built!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Those are painted clearly.

BB-8 has red and blues light all over his body in the movie. Actually, to get picky, some were blue, some aqua, some red, some pink -- faded lights maybe.

So still, where are the other two lights? Just two more would be inaccurate.

Last edited:
Those are painted clearly.

BB-8 has red and blues light all over his body in the movie. Actually, to get picky, some were blue, some aqua, some red, some pink -- faded lights maybe.

So still, where are the other two lights? Just two more would be inaccurate.
That's the only place on his body where I see lights or the possibility of lights.There is a video of BB-8 moving. https://www.facebook.com/hottoyssecretbase/videos/vb.527464027322210/936098656458743/?type=2&theater

That's the only place on his body where I see lights or the possibility of lights.There is a video of BB-8 moving. https://www.facebook.com/hottoyssecretbase/videos/vb.527464027322210/936098656458743/?type=2&theater

Here I thought you knew something about 3 lights.

Here's what the actual specs say:

•LED light-up eyes (white light, red and blue lens, battery operated)

Since it says "eyes" I'm not sure what to believe, but it sounds like one light, two colored filters (lens). So a changing color light perhaps like R2? But "eyes" indicate head to me, not body.

Rolling is useless. It should light-up like he did in the movie with many little lights.

Surely the correct one will come with Ep VIII. It's the one reason I'm leaning towards NOT getting Rey + BB-8. I know I'll regret getting this ball for $60 in less than two years.

Agreed. While I think the rolling system is very clever and could potentially be an interesting conversation feature 99.99% of the time he's going to be on static display with Rey and/or other characters, so the feature is moot. The other thing is that although it says "toy" right in the middle of the HT brand, these are decidedly NOT toys. I may roll the thing around on the day he arrives, but after that...never again. No desire to damage my display pieces.

So I agree with TT. Would have been much happier had that put this r&d into engineering a screen accurate lighting package.

Here I thought you knew something about 3 lights.

Here's what the actual specs say:

•LED light-up eyes (white light, red and blue lens, battery operated)

Since it says "eyes" I'm not sure what to believe, but it sounds like one light, two colored filters (lens). So a changing color light perhaps like R2? But "eyes" indicate head to me, not body.
Whoops sorry for the confusion. I thought the red and blue lights were on his body due to that photo.

Back