Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm certain we will. They're not done milking TFA yet. I'm sure they'll at least make a Poe and a Han and Chewie.

Just earlier today I was thinking about how quiet it's been... I bet there will be some announcements soon. Han and Poe from TFA, as well as resuming the OT line.

The ROTJ line is my most anticipated, I can't wait until they make Palpatine. My top 3 most wanted figures are ESB/ROTJ Vader, Palpatine, and Jedi Luke.

Just earlier today I was thinking about how quiet it's been... I bet there will be some announcements soon. Han and Poe from TFA, as well as resuming the OT line.

The ROTJ line is my most anticipated, I can't wait until they make Palpatine. My top 3 most wanted figures are ESB/ROTJ Vader, Palpatine, and Jedi Luke.

I would imagine between now and December, they will just finish up TFA. I think they will revisit the OT once Rogue One gets closer, similar to how they did ANH figures as TFA neared.

The only other OT figures I would have an interest in is ESB Yoda and a RotJ Luke.

Everyone seems to think we may get an old Han and Chewie 2 pack. What about, instead, a 2pack of Old Han and unmasked Kylo? I'd be down for that(assuming the Kylo one is a little different than the other).

TBH, if I want a new Chewie, I'd rather have a ROTJ or ESB than Force Awakens which isn't unique looking enough to me.

I got a second Chewie to use in my Force Awakens display with Rey and Finn. I know it's not exactly accurate since his fur is lighter in TFA, but it'll be a cool display. I don't see them making a Chewie for TFA.

Seeing as how their current Chewie had such a wide berth of face accuracy and hair color and those being the slight differences in TFA, I am not sure you would get a TFA accurate one versus ANH or whatever. It would just be another slightly different Chewbacca. Howard stated in some interview that he was the most ambitious figure to date and they would likely not be revisiting it or at least that is what I took out of it.

There are lots of other characters to take a stab at and since they are reissuing the current version, I think that is what we will get.

TBH, if I want a new Chewie, I'd rather have a ROTJ or ESB than Force Awakens which isn't unique looking enough to me.
If they ever make another Chewie it'll probably be ROTJ, since he had is fur styled differently.

Perhaps they'll do another Han and Chewie 2 pack with Endor gear.

Watching the film again in HD quality I'm so ready for a Resistance outfit of Rey

I like the coloring and pattern of the vest

Hopefully HT has this planned

Seeing as how their current Chewie had such a wide berth of face accuracy and hair color and those being the slight differences in TFA, I am not sure you would get a TFA accurate one versus ANH or whatever. It would just be another slightly different Chewbacca. Howard stated in some interview that he was the most ambitious figure to date and they would likely not be revisiting it or at least that is what I took out of it.

There are lots of other characters to take a stab at and since they are reissuing the current version, I think that is what we will get.

Yup Chewie hasn't changed that much

If they ever make another Chewie it'll probably be ROTJ, since he had is fur styled differently.

Perhaps they'll do another Han and Chewie 2 pack with Endor gear.

For characters like Vader and Chewie, unless one is a die-hard fan of either, they are characters in my opinion that you only need one representation of. Despite the subtle changes, to me Vader is Vader and Chewie is Chewie. Pick the look that you like the most and use that particular one for your display.

I agree.

I mean, having to collect 7 primary heroes to rep each OT film on your shelf is 21 repetitive dolls... and the distinctions of new outfits just gets lost.

If you need the three Lukes, fine. But do you really need the three Han looks? Or Leia? If so, and the OCD is strong with you, then what's the purpose of a couple Chewies or Threepios or Artoos? Just to be a completest?

I can see certain multiple looks for a favorite character -- I like Tatooine Luke and Pilot Luke and would display both (though I haven't bought a pilot). I think people get frustrated when they feel the need to have all the Lukes: Tatooine, Bespin, Jedi, Stormtrooper, Pilot, Hoth, etc. Then they need all the Hans, and so on ... and they're the first to complain about pricing, etc.

But the price isn't the problem, it's the obsession to have so many figures.

Last edited:
I just realized I have eight Lukes. Ten counting the old Sideshow Yavin and Jedi (but I can't really bring myself to count them).

Snowspeeder Luke will be the ninth. And a HT Jedi Luke will make a nice round ten.

I agree.

I mean, having to collect 7 primary heroes to rep each OT film on your shelf is 21 repetitive dolls... and the distinctions of new outfits just gets lost.

If you need the three Lukes, fine. But do you really need the three Han looks? Or Leia? If so, and the OCD is strong with you, then what's the purpose of a couple Chewies or Threepios or Artoos? Just to be a completest?

I can see certain multiple looks for a favorite character -- I like Tatooine Luke and Pilot Luke and would display both (though I haven't bought a pilot). I think people get frustrated when they feel the need to have all the Lukes: Tatooine, Bespin, Jedi, Stormtrooper, Pilot, Hoth, etc. Then they need all the Hans, and so on ... and they're the first to complain about pricing, etc.

:exactly:

My sentiments also.

There are indeed characters that I have multiples of, but that's because they are my favorite characters and therefore, I have a bit more bias towards them, so there's a reason. I don't use that as a further reason to buy multiple representations of other characters to "even it out" so speak, nor do I feel the need to collect every single iteration of every single character just for the sake of being a completist.

However, there's no one universal right way to collect. If one has the money and the space and feels the absolute urge to do so, then go nuts. :lol

I just realized I have eight Lukes.

Snowspeeder Luke will be the ninth. And a HT Jedi Luke will make a nice round ten.

You will have a fantastic Luke collection. But I hope you don't get the 6 variants of Han and 6 more of Leia... this isn't Hasbro 3inch. :)

If you do get all that stuff, then you are very rich and I envy you.

Same goes for the Stoemtroopers really. I mean it's one thing to army build on purpose but even getting just one of each--Luke trooper, tall trooper, short trooper, sandtrooper, spacetrooper, Han trooper, you're instantly overloaded with a very similar figure. Believe me, I know as I have them all :slap.

I think I could live with two max of Han and Luke, but it comes down to which version is best. Farmboy for me is ripe for replacement.

Army building -- like Canadaclone -- when you deliberately collect many of the same for the very purpose of mass quantity, is a different game all together from the must-have-one-of-every-variant collector... which is what most here call a "completist".

I agree.

I'm always getting rid of stuff, less is more when it comes to collecting and besides, one version of a character always ends up being the best.

As far as the OT goes I can't quite bring myself to hold onto (or buy) characters who weren't originally made by Kenner. Although I liked the Sandtrooper, and I know many collectors think he's the best OT figure, I sold him on.

Back