Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Finn 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the ankle mod today. Lousy light, but you can see the height matchup.

height_zps1pzpjsnd.jpg

I used hot water, a pair of pliers and a little gentle twisting and pulling to remove the extenders.

With a pair of extra ankle pegs( I could have used Finn's but I wanted to keep the stock parts) I carefully held them vertical and, in a downward motion onto a hard surface, shaved one ball joint with a sharp knife until it fit semi-snugly into the extender holes of the legs.

Then viola! You have an awesome looking Finn.

View attachment 277157
View attachment 277158
View attachment 277159
View attachment 277160

And one next to Rey after the mod.

image.jpeg

Can someone point me to how to do the ankle mod? Just got the fig yesterday

Hope that helps!

How does the ankle mod affect the proportions of his legs? As in where his knee bends? Looking at my unmodded figure currently I could almost argue that his knees sit a bit too low on his legs already, so I can't imagine it looking too great without the extenders in a bended pose.

Has anyone got an image of Finn without the extenders and bending his legs a bit?

ea813793f67eaa17a63846c24d370c03.jpg

The Finn stormtrooper headsculpt is miles better than this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently saw this fig at a LCS and noticed the shirt is the wrong color - supposed to be black and is never grey. Sculpt looks pretty close though.

kzlumsk8nsozqepjeyoo.jpg

Just thought I'd shared this comparison of my regular Finn sculpt vs the stormtrooper Finn sculpt. Main difference is the sweat obviously, but I feel like the sweat makes more sense with the intense look he has, both of which seem to work better for the Stormtrooper sculpt. Not sure the sweat would look great with the regular Finn.

View attachment 294369
View attachment 294370
View attachment 294371

Back