1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Captain Phasma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly. For as wimpy and pathetic as Boba Fett was in ROTJ, he's still nothing like Phasma.

Boba Fett

- known for disintegrations
- Vader knows his infamy personally
- privy to Han's garbage trick in the Falcon
- tracks Han, Leia and Chewbacca in the Slave 1
- alerts the Empire
- seen as Vader's right hand man
- gets to keep Han Solo as a captured bounty
- some cool lines
- aware of a sneaking Luke, shoots at him
- escapes with Han

Phasma on the other hand,

- she is a captain
- scolds Finn for taking his helmet off and questions whether or not there was something wrong with his blaster
- patrols around the Starkiller Base
- she gets taken hostage, surrenders for her life and betrays the First Order by shutting down the shields
- thrown into a trash compactor off screen

but you can also do this...

Boba Fett after the first movie
(nothing, even though they made a figure for him and showed him in other stuff)

Phasma on the other hand after first movie,

- she is a captain
- scolds Finn for taking his helmet off and questions whether or not there was something wrong with his blaster
- patrols around the Starkiller Base
- she gets taken hostage, surrenders for her life and betrays the First Order by shutting down the shields
- thrown into a trash compactor off screen
- etc etc

so atleast Phasma has some kind of presence on screen from the first movie, even if its just a little bit.

Thats sort of why i dont compare her to Boba other than the looks cool factor. There is a Bounty Hunter that may be even better than Boba in the future, but we only saw a small glimpse of her...Bazine Netal. To me she's closer to Boba Fett as far as character.

anyway its silly to compare the two. I love Phasma and i know she will have a bigger role in the future :)

bazine-star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpg

And Bossk sure let himself go.

All those awesome looking creatures ended up on the cutting room floor or as window dressing. Shame really.

Too many other figures to get, so I am skipping Phasma for now, but if people can buy Iron Man figures that spent less than 5 seconds on screen, then I see no problem with anyone getting Phasma.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

This actually would have done over very well.

So has interest in Phasma collapsed after people saw how little she appeared in the movie? She's so cool looking though!

I'm gonna get her to display with Kylo, thought the length of time between release dates means he'll be going solo (no pun intended) for a while.

LOL@ everyone not getting her and then in EP8 is a ****ing a tank and then shes gone.

(not that there wont be a 2.0 though)

So has interest in Phasma collapsed after people saw how little she appeared in the movie? She's so cool looking though!

I'm gonna get her to display with Kylo, thought the length of time between release dates means he'll be going solo (no pun intended) for a while.

I am getting her. First figure I put on flex pay in a long time.

I still think she is an awesome figure. I was disappointed in how she was dealt with in the movie, but not surprised as she was written in just because she looked cool. And I will be getting her.

Her die cast Disney version is filling the shelves. Only Rey with BB8 has sold out. I'm sure she will have significance later on, but at face value she is a terrible Captain.

Cancelled in the night i came from the cinema. I would suggest everyone did the same because you will be annoyed when the 2.0 Version has an extra headsculpt and is overall better.

Cancelled in the night i came from the cinema. I would suggest everyone did the same because you will be annoyed when the 2.0 Version has an extra headsculpt and is overall better.

That's fine if you want to wait 3 years to get her and probably pay $300. I'd rather not. Plus, I'd probably never display her without a helmet.

I am so torn on getting this figure, she was so worthless in the movie that I lost all interest in her character. Then I read about how they have huge plans for her in the next movies and the she is gonna be "a baddie in the best sense of the word". That possibility of redemption plus the fact that I have always loved her look, have me contemplating getting this awesome looking figure again. I'm just not sure I can get past the character-ruining fact that she doomed all her men and brought down those shields without even putting up a fight :slap:slap:dunno

I don' t get people like you. How about you live with your decision and let others make there own? I see this all the time. People like you who come out with the same "I don't want this figure/ game etc so please don't want it too". How about you cancel and move on? People will make their own decisions.

Your jedi mind powers will not work on me......You do have a point there, but a 2.0 is not assured. Especially if they change her look up in the next one....

Back