1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Captain Phasma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The weathering shows up much more in pics. It's not as apparent in-hand. I think I prefer to have it only because if it were completely clean, any scratches would show that much more.

I'll have time tonight to futz with her and see if I can find a proper pose. Cape has a wired bottom edge but I'm still going to soak it. It looks great and the material is nice but it has zero drape to it.

I'm happy with her

538C9049.jpg

She is looking good, but i'll wait for the 2.0 from EP VIII with Gwendoline's head sculpt.

Thanks for posting pics of her FullMetalHippie and Chief Brody!
Everything looks great, except the paint on the head is just wrong. I can't overlook the black bands above her eyes, Hot Toys screwed up.
Hot Toys should reissue a new correctly painted head for everyone that bought her.

And for anyone that thinks it's asking a bit much, Hot Toys screwed up the paint on the first batch of their Terminator Salvation John Connor figure back in 2009, and reissued a new correctly painted head in that situation. If Hot Toys can correct that mistake on a $140 figure then, they certainly can do the same on a $250 figure now.

cool figure but her small appearance in the film and limited funds doesn't inspire me to order....
Am I alone on this?

cool figure but her small appearance in the film and limited funds doesn't inspire me to order....
Am I alone on this?

Nope, as i wrote later i'm waiting for the next version, possibly with head sculpt of the actress. She is suppose to have major role in the next episode.

Thanks for posting pics of her FullMetalHippie and Chief Brody!
Everything looks great, except the paint on the head is just wrong. I can't overlook the black bands above her eyes, Hot Toys screwed up.
Hot Toys should reissue a new correctly painted head for everyone that bought her.

And for anyone that thinks it's asking a bit much, Hot Toys screwed up the paint on the first batch of their Terminator Salvation John Connor figure back in 2009, and reissued a new correctly painted head in that situation. If Hot Toys can correct that mistake on a $140 figure then, they certainly can do the same on a $250 figure now.

Look closer and take a deeeep breath... It's not black. It's the weathering.
c281791756fde31cee4377d98e7865d5.jpg

Am I alone on this?

For some reason, since I was a kid, my favorite characters/figures never were the main ones. Dengar, Hammerhead, Greedo, Jawas, Boba Fett and so on... Always been the design that dragged me in. So really, I don't care how much she was in the movie...

For some reason, since I was a kid, my favorite characters/figures never were the main ones. Dengar, Hammerhead, Greedo, Jawas, Boba Fett and so on... Always been the design that dragged me in. So really, I don't care how much she was in the movie...

That's what I've always said. SW is a rare fandom where you have people who's favorite characters were random ones in a 5 minute Cantina scene. So pretty much anyone has the chance of being a hot seller, especially someone with a flashy design like Phasma. She won't have any problem selling out.

Back