1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Captain Phasma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting patiently to place behind my Ren........

i was originally planning on skipping phasma and just using the stormtrooper officer set to flank kylo ren and because the price was very palatable .. but after watching the movie a couple more times i've decided to just get the single officer and phasma to flank kylo ren. sure, it'll be more expensive, but i think i'll be happier in the long run.

i think hot toys has gotten closest to her actual look on screen, granted this is 1/6 and the other figures are all 1/12'ish.

also, i'm not really going to be too miffed if she did die in the force awakens. i've come to grips with the fact that the next movie will bring with it, most likely, a new kylo ren and other figures to accompany him.

Better to wait for the second version from upcoming Episode. She will have major role.

Better to wait for the second version from upcoming Episode. She will have major role.

latest

i was originally planning on skipping phasma and just using the stormtrooper officer set to flank kylo ren and because the price was very palatable .. but after watching the movie a couple more times i've decided to just get the single officer and phasma to flank kylo ren. sure, it'll be more expensive, but i think i'll be happier in the long run.

i think hot toys has gotten closest to her actual look on screen, granted this is 1/6 and the other figures are all 1/12'ish.

also, i'm not really going to be too miffed if she did die in the force awakens. i've come to grips with the fact that the next movie will bring with it, most likely, a new kylo ren and other figures to accompany him.

I think she'll more or less have the same look. And for all the gripes once her character has right now, once this trilogy and her overall story is complete, I think she'll be a worthy character.

With that said, this is Star Wars and it doesn't matter how disappointing a character is on-screen. As long as they have cool gear, they'll always be popular and display well. Plus, with the film scheduled to come out Dec. 2017, it'll at least be another ~3 years before we get another figure of her.

No word yet I assume on the final release date of this, but my last payment at Sideshow is coming up in May. No doubt that will be pushed out to June or later, since we have yet to see the final version of Phasma.

Just got a change on my flex for Phasma. Moved out to July.

Yeah that frees up May and June for me to get in a couple of payments on a new figure then put off the payment for a month then resume.

As great as this character and figure both look, the character had so little presence in the actual movie that I just have a hard time justifying the cost to myself, even as something to compliment Ren.

In fact if there were anyone I would want to put next to him, it would be that Riot Control Stormtrooper with the shield and baton.

^ similar presence to Boba Fett.

I was hoping it would come out soon, it'll be worth the wait.
In ESB Boba Fett has a bit more character I would say. Fett is surrounded by a certain atmosphere; the way Vader interacts with him, the Clint Eastwood Man With No Name vibe he has going on (down to the sound of spurs when he walks), etc. He doesn't do much, sure, but despite that he manages to seem badass. He is a character that, while he does very little, manages to be interesting.

Phasma didn't really exude any sort of atmosphere, or mystery. She didn't intrigue me; I don't find myself that curious about her background. She just struck me as "Stormtrooper Commanding Officer". The only thing that I'm curious about is if she's a cyborg, which she appears to be, given her very robotic style of movement, the way her voice sounds, etc.

If she was a cyborg that would maybe help her, she looks awesome but did nothing for me as a character. Her role might have been better served as a generic Stormtrooper commander.

In ESB Boba Fett has a bit more character I would say. Fett is surrounded by a certain atmosphere; the way Vader interacts with him, the Clint Eastwood Man With No Name vibe he has going on (down to the sound of spurs when he walks), etc. He doesn't do much, sure, but despite that he manages to seem badass. He is a character that, while he does very little, manages to be interesting.

Phasma didn't really exude any sort of atmosphere, or mystery. She didn't intrigue me; I don't find myself that curious about her background. She just struck me as "Stormtrooper Commanding Officer". The only thing that I'm curious about is if she's a cyborg, which she appears to be, given her very robotic style of movement, the way her voice sounds, etc.

Yeah Fett had much more of a mystique about him, and actually figured into more of the plot, with him being the bounty hunter who tracked the Falcon, had some tense words with Vader, got in a firefight with Luke, flew off with the frozen Han as part of the film's huge cliffhanger, etc.

Phasma basically just ordered some Stormtroopers around before getting tackled by Chewie and thrown down a garbage chute.

Wel I liked the character. I doubt she's a Cyborg, she mentions in the behind the scenes disc that she wanted to put a feminin touch to it with haven't a female 'breast plate' armour. Phasma doesn't really give off a feminin vibe until you hear her speak.

I was there in the 70's and I yes Boba Fett was interesting for sure but Phasmas story will grow.

Anyway, I'm excited for the figure, great design and overall look and I can't wait to see her catch up with Finn in the next episode.

Last edited:
Yeah Fett had much more of a mystique about him, and actually figured into more of the plot, with him being the bounty hunter who tracked the Falcon, had some tense words with Vader, got in a firefight with Luke, flew off with the frozen Han as part of the film's huge cliffhanger, etc.

:exactly: :goodpost:

It's really funny how 4-Lom got as little screen time as Phasma but people are excited as hell in that thread but all I keep seeing here are people trying to justify reasons on why NOT to buy her:lol

It's really funny how 4-Lom got as little screen time as Phasma but people are excited as hell in that thread but all I keep seeing here are people trying to justify reasons on why NOT to buy her:lol

Its not just that they decided not to buy her but they seem to be trying very hard to get others not to not buy her also. Phasma also got a lot more screen time and lines that that weird insect robot.

Its not just that they decided not to buy her but they seem to be trying very hard to get others not to not buy her also. Phasma also got a lot more screen time and lines that that weird insect robot.
Original Trilogy character. Plus, people want to have the full ESB bounty hunter set.

I'll probably get the Ep. VIII Phasma if she's cool in that.

Back