1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode IV - Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This new head seems more suited for smuggler Han. How is it in hand? I was planning to pick up just the head for my own Han but I'm not sure now that the "smirk" really captures the character. Your picture sure makes it look like Ford though.

This new head surely better and suited for smuggler Han IMO. However problems like neck connection and fresh color difference still remains. Since smuggler Han and SD Han seems to use a different ball joint, you will need an extra work to make him look natural. In above picture I just swapped heads along with each neck joints.

Sorry for the long delay. Finally snapped comparison shots of Han and Storm Han.

Storm Han is fitted with an adaptator when Smuggler Han isn't.

P1040384.JPG

Bodies are also different with Smuggler Han's neck being considerably longer.

P1040383.JPG

Reverse the pegs might work. Also wonder why SD Hans hair wasn’t painted on the inside.

Sorry for the long delay. Finally snapped comparison shots of Han and Storm Han.

Storm Han is fitted with an adaptator when Smuggler Han isn't.

View attachment 381066

Bodies are also different with Smuggler Han's neck being considerably longer.

View attachment 381067

Is the adapter removable and able to be switched to the ANH Han? Would that solve the problem with the swap?

This new head surely better and suited for smuggler Han IMO. However problems like neck connection and fresh color difference still remains. Since smuggler Han and SD Han seems to use a different ball joint, you will need an extra work to make him look natural. In above picture I just swapped heads along with each neck joints.

Thanks SWT and TeeKay. Swapping out the pegs with the heads seems to work.

SWT, how difficult was it to pull out the pegs?

Thanks SWT and TeeKay. Swapping out the pegs with the heads seems to work.

SWT, how difficult was it to pull out the pegs?

You're welcome!
Pull out the pegs wasn't that difficult. If you could warm pegs and necks in advance it will be easier.

Thanks for those pics TeeKay, and from the advice comments from everyone.
The new question would be:
After using the new Head and neck peg on the smuggler body, how to fit the Stormtrooper helmet back on the figure?

Haven't tried the swap yet but i suppose popping out the post from Storm Han head is the simplest trick. It would allow switching from one HS to the other whenever you like and leave the "helmet" on option available as well without further modifications.

Guys, is that diorama background on the stand removable?

Stand and backdrop are separated pieces.

Haven't tried the swap yet but i suppose popping out the post from Storm Han head is the simplest trick. It would allow switching from one HS to the other whenever you like and leave the "helmet" on option available as well without further modifications.

Stand and backdrop are separated pieces.

Thank you, Tee-Kay! :rock

Gaaah, come on UPS, waited 5 days for the tracking to update to this...?

”Chek Lap Kok, HK
12/05/2017 7:34 P.M.
A mechanical failure has caused a delay. We will update the delivery date as soon as possible.”

Would love to see pics of the head/peg swap on ANH as this is exactly why I purchased this, to switch heads and have a ANH ST. I believe the ONLY decent pic of the ST Han on ANH was what IAM posted a while back.

Would love to see pics of the head/peg swap on ANH as this is exactly why I purchased this, to switch heads and have a ANH ST. I believe the ONLY decent pic of the ST Han on ANH was what IAM posted a while back.

Based on that pic, I don't think he swapped the neck posts. Although the head is turned (for the excellent pose!!), the distance from the top of the shirt collar to the hair would suggest that the post is the ANH post.

It's just not possible to swap heads without swapping pegs. If you leave the original peg on Smuggler body, the head is going to float above the neck for half a centimeter. :dunno
Mine have swapped pegs.
4192aa56f02ddfbea0f2b85ccde7064a.jpg
9fa06522a761dc19c6261458596dd262.jpg

Back