1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode IV - Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd buy this if, and when, HT releases it as a figure set with Luke included.

Maybe they'll do a trash-compactor version of the duo. You know they'll always be looking for ways to re-release this Stormtroopers.

Or you could buy the farmboy head and a stormtrooper and try a smaller body and short ankle pegs?

I'd buy this if, and when, HT releases it as a figure set with Luke included.

I completely understand your sentiment if you were not collecting at the time Luke was released, but for those that were I really don't understand this. I got Luke when he came out believing Han was coming. It was low risk because Luke was also a trooper so I had lots of options to keep it or sell it if Han never came along. I always knew I would want both, they are a set; but I also knew to get Luke when he came out. I have my Luke proudly displayed in "disguise" as a A Stormtrooper until his buddy Han arrives.

I also have no problem if they release a two pack down the line for those that missed out; I just didn't see any wisdom in holding my breath waiting for one.

Maybe they'll do a trash-compactor version of the duo. You know they'll always be looking for ways to re-release this Stormtroopers.
Actually I'm surprised that we haven't seen any straight re-releases of the Stormtroopers yet. We've gotten multiple variants but the Luke and Han Troopers are the closest to re-releases we've gotten. Considering that there have been re-releases of the main cast it's surprising we haven't gotten more standard Troopers.

I completely understand your sentiment if you were not collecting at the time Luke was released, but for those that were I really don't understand this. I got Luke when he came out believing Han was coming. It was low risk because Luke was also a trooper so I had lots of options to keep it or sell it if Han never came along. I always knew I would want both, they are a set; but I also knew to get Luke when he came out. I have my Luke proudly displayed in "disguise" as a A Stormtrooper until his buddy Han arrives.

I also have no problem if they release a two pack down the line for those that missed out; I just didn't see any wisdom in holding my breath waiting for one.

Only thing that's weird is they have different stands, and more importantly I think they made Luke sweaty and Han not.

Only thing that's weird is they have different stands, and more importantly I think they made Luke sweaty and Han not.

Easy explanation... Luke broke out in the sweats when he barged in on Leia. Han was at the control panel.

yea, the two different stands bugs me. I'm going to have to get one or the other parted out to make them match. My guess for sweaty Luke is that the look wasn't well received so if they had planned it for Han they abandoned it.

Easy explanation... Luke broke out in the sweats when he barged in on Leia. Han was at the control panel.

I was scanning, and originally read this as, "Luke broke out in the sweats when he banged Leia" :lol

:rotfl

yea, the two different stands bugs me. I'm going to have to get one or the other parted out to make them match. My guess for sweaty Luke is that the look wasn't well received so if they had planned it for Han they abandoned it.

Yeah that could make sense. In reality it's better that Han's isn't sweaty as it makes the head sculpt more versatile. Can put it on the smuggler Han. Tempted to pick up the Farmboy sculpt to make the non-sweaty heads match but they still go for a pretty penny surprisingly.

Actually I'm surprised that we haven't seen any straight re-releases of the Stormtroopers yet. We've gotten multiple variants but the Luke and Han Troopers are the closest to re-releases we've gotten. Considering that there have been re-releases of the main cast it's surprising we haven't gotten more standard Troopers.

Yeah i agree there. Cant have enough troopers and they'll always sell....

Hope they do a stunt helmet version. They look the best IMO.

Yeah i agree there. Cant have enough troopers and they'll always sell....

Hope they do a stunt helmet version. They look the best IMO.
Yeah I regret not getting more regular Troopers. I just bought a single. If I had the chance I'd probably pick up a two pack. At least with the Luke and Han I can use them as Troopers if I want. The other Troopers I'm okay with having just one of each (I've got a Sandtrooper, Spacetrooper, Snowtrooper, and Shadow Trooper, plus Sideshow's Scout Trooper).

Now that you mention it, I have the ANH stormtrooper set that had a tall and slightly shorter trooper. I can always swap out the farm boy and han heads to make my own if I really wanted to. But I really would've liked to have picked up trooper Finn and Luke in order to justify this one.

An omen....

19242961_10154732334807344_2046308098101402503_o.jpg

Imagine if they turned out 1/6 figs as fast as Cosbabies !!

We'd be all very poor men (and women).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back