1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode IV - Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I picked it up when I did some years ago. you can always mix a darker color of brown to make it close enough to match the skin tone of the hot toys han sculpt.

Personally I think it's better than the other HT Solo sculpt, while every sculpt except Leia's is pretty average. I don't see why you'd pass on this for the likeness when just about the whole line is underwhelming likeness-wise. You can always sell it if you don't like it, it's a pretty safe bet it'll hold its value or better. Or pop another sculpt on it.

Sounds like you're just buying it to fill the gap though. In which case, break your completist chains and leave a gaping hole in your collection that you'll always wonder about, it's a beautiful thing.

Oh I agree, ALL the head sculpts are mediocre at best, except Leia who was pretty damn good overall. Some issues with the outfit but oh well. The original Solo head (proto) was a huge joke, the replacement one is better, but still quite off for it to be ANH (hair being the biggest offender). This one..... it's ok, but the expression is just a big no. There is a fat chance i may pass on it - it wouldn't be the first time. I passed on original Solo and Chewie (did a review of them, and while they were good - they just weren't worth me spending money on). I'm still thinking on this one.

The wire's copper, so it's more likely to do with glue.

Just looked at the shirt on mine and it's still as good as new.

Thanks, guys. Ordered a replacement from Toy Anxiety for $20. Gonna just have that as an unused backup. Curious to see if it;'ll have the issue.

Worst case scenario, a paint touch up of the shirt will do the trick.

The wire's copper, so it's more likely to do with glue.

Just looked at the shirt on mine and it's still as good as new.

Yeah its a glue problem, happened to mine too. I think it happens when the figure comes into contact with too much heat or UV light.

I bought a spare shirt from TA for when I can move my display case into a darker room.

I had the same problem with my medicom ROTJ Boba Fett. After time, all his clothes started staining yellow where glue had been applied. I think something similar happened to my HT Bespin Luke's jacket, his shoulders started staining yellow where they had glued his shoulderpads. But I washed it very carefully by hand and when it dried the stains went away.

Yeah its a glue problem, happened to mine too. I think it happens when the figure comes into contact with too much heat or UV light.

I've always been careful to keep my figures out of sunlight, and have never had the problems others have reported with either glue or pleather deterioration.

I made the choice not to have windows in my new collection room. It's a cosy cave lit with LED bulbs with no danger of damage from sunlight or artificial UV.

I put the highest level UV protection film on my windows (not just to protect figures but also books and keep out heat) and it's been working very well. Natural sunlight and protection.

I put the highest level UV protection film on my windows (not just to protect figures but also books and keep out heat) and it's been working very well. Natural sunlight and protection.

I'm planning on doing this aswell.

Could anyone here tell me why Solo seems to come with ESB E-11 instead of the ANH version? Massproduction of the new ESB molds creating an overflow or might it just be for the promoshots? Anyway, the figure looks nice but the price point seem to be a bit too high for a recast(only new thing is the headsculpt).

Could anyone here tell me why Solo seems to come with ESB E-11 instead of the ANH version? Massproduction of the new ESB molds creating an overflow or might it just be for the promoshots? Anyway, the figure looks nice but the price point seem to be a bit too high for a recast(only new thing is the headsculpt).

And the base/backdrop.

Could anyone here tell me why Solo seems to come with ESB E-11 instead of the ANH version? )

You mean this E-11 blaster? This is ANH with fallen greeblies, look for the glue residue where the Hengstler counter should have been. And the ESB blaster has different greeblies.

star-wars-han-solo-stormtrooper-disguise-version-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902990-06.jpg

m19_scopez.jpg

Hengstler counter fell off.jpg

Why would they provide a comlink for this figure when he didn't even use one?

Yeah, not sure how they couldn't get the accessories right for this one. Should have had the matching stands (though this new one is nice), the large blaster rifle, and that's really it.

Back