1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode IV - Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Needs more troopers.

I still have 10 boxed up and not out yet. :)

Best I can do with the sculpt.

wUKomr6.jpg

A shot of all three ANH release versions for comparison.

LgzgUIw.jpg

I am glad I have one of each. It's a nice subtle difference for multiples. But I do keep wondering if someone one is going to ask Han, "aren't you a little tall for a Stormtrooper?" :wink1:

I got mine on Wednesday and unboxed him yesterday. I am so glad to finally have Han to go with Luke. I remember back in the day finding the KB Hasbro 12" exclusive and was so excited to have it at the time (sold them long ago). Later I missed the Sideshow two pack, and in retrospect I am glad I did. But these two together represent such an iconic part of Star Wars for me I had to them.

Here are some quick crappy cell phone pics...
Untitled-1.jpg

As for now though they are displayed with the helmets "on". I hate to draw attention to receiving a new figure for myself so close to Christmas. So they are truly in disguise; Shhhhhhhh, as long as no one reads the name plates. Ha! I posed them next to my New Hope Vader and I gave Han the long rifle he carried from my other Stormtooper figure (not sure why he didn't come with one). I put Han's regular Trooper blaster in the holster, I hadn't tried that before, was happy it fit. I can almost picture them saying...
Han: "This is not gonna work."
Luke: "Why didn't you say so before?"
Han: "I did say so before."

I like the Han sculpt. I think the smirk looks way more subtle in person. I'll try it on my regular Han when I get a chance, but I understand you need a shorter neck peg so I'll have to see if I can find one someplace.

The stand is pretty cool. I haven't put batteries in yet so don't know how well the light up feature works. But, I decided to pose my regular Stormtrooper on that stand so Han and Luke can have matching regular previously released Stormtooper stands. The new stand fits perfectly in my Ikea CD tower shelf, so that's kinda cool. I find it interesting the instructions show how multiple stands can fit together. great idea, but what else even comes with this stand? What's left to do that might come with it later? I might be tempted to pick up a parted out one, but not sure I really want to pay an arm and a leg for it. Maybe Hot Toys should sell them separately, because again, what else are they going to even be sold with. It's a great idea, I just wish they thought of it earlier to include with other ANH figures.

Also: I used the coupon on the box to get $20 off my pre-order of the HT ESB Vader. The coupon expires sometime later today. Man, they sure do give you a short window to use those things. Glad I was able to take advantage of it.

Just got my Han Stormtroopers this morning.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this already, but the Han ST helmet doesn't have the green lenses like the Luke ST helmet does.

Update: actually upon closer inspection, there is some green in there. It just seems like the green lenses are pushed further back than on the Luke helmet, making the Han lenses look almost completely black.

4f8162c0b2ce495d8573e1599d53092e.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Need some help please; trying to do the head swap, however I can't get the black neck peg onto my ANH Han Solo. How did y'all swap out the neck pegs? The Flesh colored peg from ANH Han fits into the Stormtrooper body, but no matter how hard I try I can't get the black peg onto the Smuggler Han.

I received this the other day; I think the sculpt is better in hand, but definitely better from one side, his left side, our right side when looking at him.

Need some help please; trying to do the head swap, however I can't get the black neck peg onto my ANH Han Solo. How did y'all swap out the neck pegs? The Flesh colored peg from ANH Han fits into the Stormtrooper body, but no matter how hard I try I can't get the black peg onto the Smuggler Han.

Have not done it myself, but guessing people doing this are using a hair dryer to heat up the neck area, making it easier to pop the neck joint in or out

Awesome pics Pizza.

Could someone please take a pic of the figure in the box as delivered. Would be very grateful !!

Must be someone receiving this figure who could do this. Thanks in advance ! :)

Nice. What a pity they didn't think of the backdrop stand when Luke was released so they could be joined together.

Not sure if they can be joined together but I went ahead and ordered a second Han which will now give me a backdrop for both and third stormtrooper with different height on a red stand. At least they’ll look like a set now even if they don’t join together.

Back