1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode IV - Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally decided to try the head swap today. Chose the hard way by removing the head adaptor before i realized swapping Smuggler Han and Stormtrooper Han neck pegs was enough to do the trick.

So, in short, no need to resort to surgery. Just make sure you keep headsculps associated with their original neck peg, adapt the combo to the other body and you're fine. Height wise, a slight difference remain but nothing that can't be dealt with.

Hey Tee-Kay.

I'm selling my head sculpt to have a New Hope Trooper. What do I need to keep as far as neck pegs for the trooper ? I believe there should be a seperate neck peg with a black padded "head" for the helmet to fit on. Is that correct ?

The peg for the HS can go with it I guess.

Could you perhaps post a couple of pics of the neck pegs ?

Hey Tee-Kay.

I'm selling my head sculpt to have a New Hope Trooper. What do I need to keep as far as neck pegs for the trooper ? I believe there should be a seperate neck peg with a black padded "head" for the helmet to fit on. Is that correct ?

The peg for the HS can go with it I guess.

Could you perhaps post a couple of pics of the neck pegs ?

Can't get you any pic right now as i'm not home. So, to keep it simple, if you want to sell your Han stormtrooper Headsculpt and still have the option to fit your stormtrooper with the helmet, you MUST keep the neck peg (black plastic part with balls at each end connecting the headsculp to the neck).

There's indeed a spare part to fit the helmet on the body but it actually clips on the neck peg. The only part that you can actually get rid of is the actual HS with the post glued inside, nothing else.

Can't get you any pic right now as i'm not home. So, to keep it simple, if you want to sell your Han stormtrooper Headsculpt and still have the option to fit your stormtrooper with the helmet, you MUST keep the neck peg (black plastic part with balls at each end connecting the headsculp to the neck). The only part that you can actually get rid of is the actual HS with the post glued inside, nothing else.

Ok great thanks. Background is I may need to get a friend (who has no idea about this stuff) to remove the headsculpt and send for me. Hence the need for as much info as possible so he doesn't send the wrong stuff. [emoji2]

Have to say the head sculpt looks just as bad in person. The one Improvement over the regular sculpt is the hair not having the seam.

Still need to see if there’s a good angle for it before I write it off completely but the regular sculpt goes with Stormie Luke far better. Almost tempted to sell off all the unneeded parts from this figure.

Have to say the head sculpt looks just as bad in person. The one Improvement over the regular sculpt is the hair not having the seam.

Still need to see if there’s a good angle for it before I write it off completely but the regular sculpt goes with Stormie Luke far better. Almost tempted to sell off all the unneeded parts from this figure.

That's reassuring to hear. This is one of those figures I didn't really want, but felt like I ought to have to pair with Luke.

I tend to agree, I received mine yesterday and to be honest was a little underwhelmed with the sculpt. Like you said maybe there's a better angle? This is not one one of the "looks better in hand" sculpts, at least not for me.

Getting mine tomorrow. HS goes on Han, ST goes with Vader. Done.

Anyone know where I can pick up a short (ST size) neck peg?

I don't know the lengths, but I just looked for the shortest one because I assumed the one on Smuggler Han is a regular size. The one I found was less than 2cm, which was shorter than the other "regular" neck pegs...
I based that on the pics which show the pegs beside a ruler.

I don't know the lengths, but I just looked for the shortest one because I assumed the one on Smuggler Han is a regular size. The one I found was less than 2cm, which was shorter than the other "regular" neck pegs...
I based that on the pics which show the pegs beside a ruler.

Thanks brother. Neeed to go with the 2cm to be sure. I wonder if ALL HT ST pegs are the shorter variety, I would think so.

I tend to agree, I received mine yesterday and to be honest was a little underwhelmed with the sculpt. Like you said maybe there's a better angle? This is not one one of the "looks better in hand" sculpts, at least not for me.

Well that's a bummer. I forget which show it was, but earlier on there were some pics where the sculpt was looking pretty good. Those were the pics that had me keeping the faith in this. Oh well, still have a stormtrooper.

I think this figure is all WIN.

1. Sell the sculpt and background if you're not a fan and end up with a pretty cheap trooper.
2. Sell the sculpt and end up with an awesome trooper and display and some cash back
3. Swap the heads to your ANH Han because thats more logical
4. finally complete that Luke Han Stormy/ chewy trio
5. add another stormy height to your troop

Probably going to pick up another!

Attachments

• IMG_4654.jpg
    IMG_4654.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 184
I know this thing is a win for everyone, I’m selling the trooper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

A question to those who are swapping this head onto the ANH Han Solo body. If you remove the adapter inside the Stormtrooper Han head, can you then insert that head onto the ANH Han neck and peg?

Back