1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Star Wars: Episode II AOTC - Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad this is finally up for PO but check the first post in the thread - 2 years and 3 months from showing off the prototype until PO! Is that the longest ever for HT? I know Batman Returns and Arkham Joker were a long wait but were they this long?!!

Yes I think you are right, they chose a safe color for the suit. It looks more Geonosis battle so if we can get a Mace Windu, it would make an awesome Detolf shelf :)

Correct. Most people don?t understand that Jango?s suit is suppose to be blue, it?s only purple in the Geonosis battle because they used blue screen since it works better with dark hair (Natalie Portman). Obviously by it not being blue it didn?t disappear. Also with different lighting they may need to change color because camera sees color different, in SWAT they used purple suits because they looked blue on camera since the blue looked black.

Because that dent is so critical... but the Kamino dart, that actually allows Kenobi to locate him, is not.

I'm joking, because like everyone else here, the dart would stay in the box... but still, its the idea.

I'd assume that HT would just box it with Kenobi,like SSC did with their Kenobi,albeit SSC had it as the exclusive,HT probably as just a regular edition accessory.
Still 1 of my fav SSC pieces.
Alas,it was sold on when the deluge of HT ANH released.

Because that dent is so critical... but the Kamino dart, that actually allows Kenobi to locate him, is not.

I'm joking, because like everyone else here, the dart would stay in the box... but still, its the idea.

That's just so they can bundle it with the AOTC Obi Wan and Dexter Jettster 2-pack :lol

...since I wasn't a big fan of Lucas's decision to reveal what a Mandalorian looked like. If we were ever going to glimpse beneath the helmet, I remember hoping that Boba was a girl when I was growing up.

Lucas never intended Jango or Boba to be Mandalorians so you're in luck and that's not what actually happened. As far back as ESB he stated that Boba had somehow gotten hold of the famed Mandalorian armour and wore it as a symbol to appear mysterious and strike fear (a claim officially canonised 3 decades later in The Clone Wars series). It was only in the EU (now Legends) that they were made Mandalorians. The original intention has been restated by Lucas on various occasions over the years (who also stated he didn't accept the EU as having any canonical status in so far as it wasn't approved by him so not 'Star Wars' - interesting implications for the ST, but I guess that's after he sold the farm so...) and Filoni has publicly confirmed Lucas's very strong feelings on this as expressed to him by Lucas on multiple occasions.

I know some here feel very strongly they were Mandalorians and I'm not here to argue the point or tell them they can't choose the Star Wars that works for them, but should you choose to accept Lucas's position (who, to be fair, has said contradictory things regarding his Star Wars intentions over the years), your fear didn't actually come to pass. What is fun is that you weren't the only one to wish Boba was a woman - https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertai...s-decided-not-to-make-boba-fett-a-woman.html/

Watched AOTC again, remembered I need a third Jango to pair with the unsung hero of Geonosis treacherously gunned down in his prime.

60860-1532336916.jpg

Lucas never intended Jango or Boba to be Mandalorians so you're in luck and that's not what actually happened. As far back as ESB he stated that Boba had somehow gotten hold of the famed Mandalorian armour and wore it as a symbol to appear mysterious and strike fear (a claim officially canonised 3 decades later in The Clone Wars series). It was only in the EU (now Legends) that they were made Mandalorians. The original intention has been restated by Lucas on various occasions over the years (who also stated he didn't accept the EU as having any canonical status in so far as it wasn't approved by him so not 'Star Wars' - interesting implications for the ST, but I guess that's after he sold the farm so...) and Filoni has publicly confirmed Lucas's very strong feelings on this as expressed to him by Lucas on multiple occasions.

I know some here feel very strongly they were Mandalorians and I'm not here to argue the point or tell them they can't choose the Star Wars that works for them, but should you choose to accept Lucas's position (who, to be fair, has said contradictory things regarding his Star Wars intentions over the years), your fear didn't actually come to pass. What is fun is that you weren't the only one to wish Boba was a woman - https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertai...s-decided-not-to-make-boba-fett-a-woman.html/

If the eu had left it than I would be cool with it but marvel comics brought more mandos and than was. A long time ago so George sort of let it go all that time ago. I choose in my head cannon that he is mando and if others don’t thats up to them.

Can’t believe how excited I am for this figure.

Lucas never intended...

There’s so many arguments/discussions that can start with this exact sentence. But soon, you’ll realize George is about as unsure about what he wants as SW canon as a woman is about where to eat. It’s like you literally have to defend what George says is canon on whatever random day in history and excuse the many retcons and back and forths he does about it. Nobody will ever really be wrong either:lol

Correct. Most people don?t understand that Jango?s suit is suppose to be blue, it?s only purple in the Geonosis battle because they used blue screen since it works better with dark hair (Natalie Portman). Obviously by it not being blue it didn?t disappear. Also with different lighting they may need to change color because camera sees color different, in SWAT they used purple suits because they looked blue on camera since the blue looked black.

I wish they chose the blue suit, I had both Medicom Jango with the 2 different jet packs and 2 different colors for the suit and I like way more the blue since the color fits better with the helmet.

C_1.jpg

EgMigl5BSmxuHZ060939iBb6q5I2j5dGVTJezC9FPGB8v5Dr8lkNGmia8IbgZJZEw5H5ELK61x8zK48cKGcCTUza7RW4Ttry8cn_aw

HTB1lnwrLpXXXXcKXVXXq6xXFXXXF.jpg

4361_press02__scaled_800.jpg

I must be in the minority but I really hate the blue suit [emoji38]
It's Han's Hoth coat again! I'm sure its the same coloured suit throughout the film as all of Jango's scenes would have all be against blue screen in Fox Studio Australia.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

It's Han's Hoth coat again! I'm sure its the same coloured suit throughout the film as all of Jango's scenes would have all be against blue screen in Fox Studio Australia.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Maybe but the Kamino fight was against green screen while the geonosis battle was against blue screen. They might have changed it slightly because of that.

View attachment 497692

When HT does flying stands I really wish they'd add a crotch grabber as well.

Seconding this, although if it'll work I will just take the top part of a generic stand and insert it into this BLAND AND BORING base HT is giving us, as I never use those waist-grabber things, IIRC they can be very damaging to a figure's costuming as well. I guess we are lucky its not a sand base! This is just a cheap cop-out on this expensive figure, to re-use this base yet again. At least Mando v1.0 got some spears and a Stormie helmet to add to his. [which are really cool...have to admit]

There?s so many arguments/discussions that can start with this exact sentence. But soon, you?ll realize George is about as unsure about what he wants as SW canon as a woman is about where to eat. It?s like you literally have to defend what George says is canon on whatever random day in history and excuse the many retcons and back and forths he does about it. Nobody will ever really be wrong either:lol

Excuse me.

me to husband: "Let's go eat. Where you wanna eat?"

husband: "I dunno. Where YOU wanna eat?" EVERY. DAMN. TIME. See, he knows better than to give me a choice, because I want to go to the expensive place. And that's where we end up.

Regarding canon: I like head-canon these days. What cemented my resolve was finally finishing the ten? novels in the Legacy of the Force series. I really enjoyed those, especially the Karen Traviss ones. Then I got to the last book.

The author [whose prior novels in the series I'd rather enjoyed] then took the opportunity to punish Fett for all his perceived past sins, and indeed, punished the entire Fett linage including all of the tens? of thousands of Fett clone descendants currently living on Mandalore. Punished him, punished Mirta Gev, punished Mirta's husband, EVERYONE even remotely connected with the Fett lineage felt that author's wrath. It was a huge "**** YOU" to Karen Traviss' work and I am still raging mad about it months later. WHAT, WHO GREENLIGHTED THIS

And back then this was "canon." So George and his decision-making can **** right off.

Excuse me.

me to husband: "Let's go eat. Where you wanna eat?"

husband: "I dunno. Where YOU wanna eat?" EVERY. DAMN. TIME. See, he knows better than to give me a choice, because I want to go to the expensive place. And that's where we end up.

Regarding canon: I like head-canon these days. What cemented my resolve was finally finishing the ten? novels in the Legacy of the Force series. I really enjoyed those, especially the Karen Traviss ones. Then I got to the last book.

The author [whose prior novels in the series I'd rather enjoyed] then took the opportunity to punish Fett for all his perceived past sins, and indeed, punished the entire Fett linage including all of the tens? of thousands of Fett clone descendants currently living on Mandalore. Punished him, punished Mirta Gev, punished Mirta's husband, EVERYONE even remotely connected with the Fett lineage felt that author's wrath. It was a huge "**** YOU" to Karen Traviss' work and I am still raging mad about it months later. WHAT, WHO GREENLIGHTED THIS

And back then this was "canon." So George and his decision-making can **** right off.

That was my favorite EU Series as well up until that moment. It almost felt like they didn?t know how to end it but I still love it. I was really hopi g the Sequel Trilogy would have taken a few smite pages out of those books for canons sake but alas we got what we got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It?s so hard to tell what color the jumpsuit is in the movie and in photos. It seems like whatever background or filter they use changes it from scene to scene or from pic to pic.
df311974ab7c12f34316f9cef6a7cd77.jpg

85fde742fbe29409d9ff23c90433e554.jpg

1e3353f67e7c88b884a2f6225c5176e2.jpg

0e40b5d18ba240f5fc6874c29746a05d.jpg

I think hot toys did a decent job trying to find a happy medium when it comes to the color. I hope in hand it won?t be as vibrant as the sideshow.
94e50818a8cc44aa83a58b9107cd3d20.jpg

75a13e8d9e909ea2b349e170e3e43bb6.jpg

6344ceb9fba4f39e865d129b4d7ab1f3.jpg

f205a2f1f7d8942ff865373c9053aafa.jpg

Medicom tried to give us both but neither one seemed correct.
140bec00cbf0e4055df9f6eae6f620ea.jpg

3d9e207da933d53b364efb3c0027b2a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back