1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Star Wars: Episode II AOTC - Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could someone please explain why there are 2 different jet packs included? It?s obvious the molds are different, not just the paint schemes.

If it?s a long story, I?d really appreciate a link to read about them.

The one thing I do know, and it?s only because of collecting, is that the jet pack without the missile looks just like the ones used by most of the clones. Yeah I know some have the Cody style and there might be an odd few that have the missile/Boba version but I don?t know the reason/lore.

Please help!

Because he has two different jetpacks in the movie. The one with the missile is used on Kamino when he fights Obi-Wan, it gets broken so he uses the second one on Geonosis.

6344ceb9fba4f39e865d129b4d7ab1f3.jpg

It's like handsome 21 year old Jango heading off to clone college (majoring in Mando lore) on the right, and 50 year old beer-belly Jango heading off to the Kamino bar and grill on the left (after he was told Zam Wessell was a lizard all along.):lol

I must be in the minority but I really hate the blue suit :lol

It's Han's Hoth coat again! I'm sure its the same coloured suit throughout the film as all of Jango's scenes would have all be against blue screen in Fox Studio Australia.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Purple suit for me, it makes it stand out more.

The suit was Purple/violet in the movie. Lighting made it appear blue in some of the scenes...

4b0209694a20e25c20917c9dad624fa0.jpg2509f546429f30c1cc2b93a6ee985da4.jpg79106d1c94ac1ead3bdb1d8eb9672266.jpgjangounmaskedinarmor.jpg16 - Jango Suits Up.jpg

I don't recall if I remember any Jango figure ever having this much discussion about flightsuit color, but we might as well throw the promo shot in from a well lit room:lol

latest cb=20070209183613.jpg

The suit was Purple/violet in the movie. Lighting made it appear blue in some of the scenes...

View attachment 497842View attachment 497841View attachment 497840View attachment 497844View attachment 497845

How do you know that is the only screen used suit? They could have had different costumes using different colors for different scenes. I?m sure there was more than one suit for the filming of the entire movie.

That?s why I posted these comparison shots to show just how different the color can look if it indeed is the same color suit.
c2e9a5f06a5215400b90460de27d8615.jpg

6c91550d3f88a5344a3976af1835534a.jpg

eb47797d9df121eee7d95c33af1b789b.jpg

877e943bdff413759b146728f1ff88a5.jpg

I don?t think the suit was a vibrant navy blue like the medicom suit just as I also don?t think it was a vibrant purple like some of the Hasbro figures. But it is possible that there were different suits with different colors for different scenes. Whether by accident or on purpose we will never know unless Lucasfilm states it specifically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you know that is the only screen used suit? They could have had different costumes using different colors for different scenes. I?m sure there was more than one suit for the filming of the entire movie.

That?s why I posted these comparison shots to show just how different the color can look if it indeed is the same color suit.
c2e9a5f06a5215400b90460de27d8615.jpg

6c91550d3f88a5344a3976af1835534a.jpg

eb47797d9df121eee7d95c33af1b789b.jpg

877e943bdff413759b146728f1ff88a5.jpg

I don?t think the suit was a vibrant navy blue like the medicom suit just as I also don?t think it was a vibrant purple like some of the Hasbro figures. But it is possible that there were different suits with different colors for different scenes. Whether by accident or on purpose we will never know unless Lucasfilm states it specifically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There were seven costumes made...four of which were worn by the stunt double...all the same Purple/violet colour. Interestingly they were going to go with an all white look... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psfZu-dArJY

I wish we could get both jumpsuits, but that is not as easy as to add 2 suits as it is for puting 2 jet packs that you can change quickly

Why would anyone want two different colored flightsuits if he really had just the one color -- lighting variations aside.

This is going to be the Han Hoth Coat all over again.

Seems pretty logical -- Kamino's cool blue lighting makes Jango's suit look more blue, while Geonosis' vibrant orange makes the suit more of a purplish color. So is it the different lighting looks people want?

I remember when people wanted a blue alien from Aliens because Cameron used a lot of blue lighting.

Why would anyone want two different colored flightsuits if he really had just the one color -- lighting variations aside.

This is going to be the Han Hoth Coat all over again.

Seems pretty logical -- Kamino's cool blue lighting makes Jango's suit look more blue, while Geonosis' vibrant orange makes the suit more of a purplish color. So is it the different lighting looks people want?

I remember when people wanted a blue alien from Aliens because Cameron used a lot of blue lighting.

Ahhh, the Han Hoth coat debates. Those were the days. I could lose myself for hours reading those perspectives. I put the blue coat on my Hoth Han on Tauntaun because I liked how it looked in contrast to Luke...and as a quiet nod to those who fought so hard for that perspective in the forums :)

Ahhh, the Han Hoth coat debates. Those were the days. I could lose myself for hours reading those perspectives. I put the blue coat on my Hoth Han on Tauntaun because I liked how it looked in contrast to Luke...and as a quiet nod to those who fought so hard for that perspective in the forums :)

Wasn't the tauntaun miniature blue anyway so that was in fact both screen and prop accurate? (No I'm not trying to start a thing here) Interestingly it looks like that prop was sold for $30k at auction in August this year.

Present-day exhibitions can sometimes be deceiving in terms of color - costumes are often dyed a quite specific color and that dye fades over time (and sometimes pretty quickly, either fading or changing the hue.)

I was working on a custom Lando skiff and even some of the leatherwork on the exhibition costumes had faded quite a bit over the years (though the costume pics were taken in the early-mid 2000s, so over two decades after filming.)

It is interesting that ALL the Hasbro Jango toys (in all scales) at the time of AOTC's release were blue, but then they majorly went in the purple direction (some crazy shades of purple too) later.

And I recently saw a 40th screening of ESB on the big screen and Han's coat - in most shots - appeared very much blue.:lol

Aside from the screen-accuracy debate I find myself preferring the pastel purple-ish flightsuit aesthetically. The more desaturated blue of early hasbro toys and the Kamino scenes is all right, but man is the blue on that Medicom figure an eye-sore!

Back