1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Star Wars: Episode II AOTC - Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hips on the Hot Toys? Looks fine to me. I’d say the pants might be a smidge baggy. Not enough to complain though.

Actually, scratch that. They’re fine.

I don’t mind the rangefinder length on the upcoming PP1 variant Boba. Obviously inaccurate, but still.

I’d actually argue that this is as big an upgrade as updating the SSC Vader to the Hot Toys version. Granted, the SSC Jango does at least look clean and proportionate, for the most part.

I had to put a dab of glue on the left knee pad, to keep it intact. Both shin guards just will not stay, if you attempt to repose. It’s a problem.

The belt is completely accurate. The helmet, from what little we can tell thus far, seems far more accurate. Not perfect, but close enough. I do think the Sideshow helmet is nice though. It’s tough to say which I actually prefer, honestly.

One of the things that worries me about this one is the back chest plate. It looks pretty bad. At least the upper chest doesn’t narrow out as it reaches the top most part of the armor. The Hot Toys seems to have done fairly well on the proportions.

So, even though we’re probably all gonna upgrade when time comes, now that we are finding reasons to upgrade we should also look at reasons not to. One thing that is not correct on the HT version, but is correct on the SSC, are the two horizontal lines on the helmet. They are embossed on the HT helmet while they shouldn’t be. They should just be painted on like it is on the SSC version
Also, is the jetpack not too small? Like wig the HT Boba?
And yes, the armor does look awfully thick by the neck piece...
7e162e1dcf05cf0b6b9a7681a2664701.jpg

5a3a4bd4606971b82fc8aa8050248dc9.jpg

Since I don’t expect to get much selling the SSC version, looks like I’ll just have one Kamino and one Geonosis version of Fett on display. I’m fine with that:lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85zKmbudDrg

The outfit that you see here by hot toys that is done in purple in the different version was done in blue .. I mentioned my original post because i like the blue better color wise ..

I hope they will make both version as Medicom did, with different outfit color and jet pack.

They make 2 Boba Fetts, 3 actually if you count the Deluxe release that let you have a prototype Boba.

They could put both jet pack but I do not know how they could do for the outfit.

Any updates on the accessories? I guess extra hands but kamino cape thing but what about head sculpt?

There has been some debate over whether or not the jumpsuit changed colors from Kamino to Geonosis but that could have just been a Hasbro thing like Blue coat Han.

I hope they will make both version as Medicom did, with different outfit color and jet pack.

They make 2 Boba Fetts, 3 actually if you count the Deluxe release that let you have a prototype Boba.

They could put both jet pack but I do not know how they could do for the outfit.
They don’t really need to. They just need to include both jet packs. Personally, I’m designsting my SSC Jango as the Geonosis version.

I think in SW universe, all armors are handmade, so that no character wear the same costume in two occasions. What's the logic behind him having two seperate colir schemes for a jetpack?

Personally, blue undersuit goes better with the helmet.

But really the whole two colours thing is just a trick of the light - like Hans hoth coat. Jango didn’t change his suit.

That said I like the two colours and was always tempted to get a second medicom It would be a nice touch if they perhaps did a deluxe with both packs and suits

So as we can see here fans are divided on the outfit matter, and for sure they will with jetpack as well.

That would be such a great idea to combine both outfits and jetpacks, if they could solve the problem in one Jango release that is cool, but I do not care, I will buy both, I bought the 2 Jango Medicom, I could not decide between both.

Aren't there any reference pictures from the archive? I find it hard to believe Lucasfilm doesn't still have the costume or at least pictures in natural light. This isn't the 70's when props would disappear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Aren't there any reference pictures from the archive? I find it hard to believe Lucasfilm doesn't still have the costume or at least pictures in natural light. This isn't the 70's when props would disappear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The costume is constantly being toured in exhibitions and there’s tons of info out there, but it’s probably too much work for these toy companies to match since the original jumpsuit was weathered to get to its color and these companies just try to find matching fabrics to that. That’s just my assumption. For what it’s worth, the PF jumpsuit has probably the closest looking fabric that I’ve seen and I’ve owned everything Jango.

Back