Hot Toys - MMS - MOS: General Zod

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - MOS: General Zod (Tease)

Removable armor is doable with the proper engineering.
If they did it for st seiya or with the robothech cyclone i have no technical reasons to not do it.
The only reason i would see for not doing removable armor is to milk it for another realease... Wich is soooo not hot toys ;)

catdog.gif

:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

:lol

DestroDogPunch.jpg

tumblr_kx02esAHEv1qai5a2o1_400.jpg

No..gif

PS: I'm not an animal abuser :lol

Last edited:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHuzgMe7Pas[/ame]

When are we getting the Blu-ray already, I am tired of having to watch this low-res crap.

I just don't know how they are going to top Zod, next time out.

20pr6s9.jpg

proud.gif

:lol :duff is this the rough love everybody talks about?

When are we getting the Blu-ray already, I am tired of having to watch this low-res crap.

I just don't know how they are going to top Zod, next time out.

I torrented a screener for my fix on certain scenes :monkey2 I have a problem :lol Can't way for BR too.

Brainiac + Luthor seems the way to go, Doomsday for MoS 3 IMO.

I think Zod's armor can be removable. There's a lot of the black suit showing. We may have to connect pieces together but I believe Hot Toys can pull it off.

Except I always wear a cup :lecture you roughly tickled me, sweetheart.

This is how you do it:

ackJPLe1.gif

That'll show you.

tumblr_lihhq9g2zF1qaevv3o1_500.gif

Btw Stamp's Zod sux da monkey ballz :monkey1 mwahahaha

:nana::nana::nana:

(This is me trying to troll, don't get offended too quickly people) :lol

Last edited:

"The fact that you possess a sense of morality and we do not, gives us an evolutionary advantage, and if history has proven anything...
It is that evolution always wins." Faora-Ul
OT....but this just illustrates how badly written the script is (or at least this dialog)... or that a lame excuse is that Foara just learnt to speak English and misunderstood the term "evolution" to put it in to any context

OT....but this just illustrates how badly written the script is... or that a lame excuse is that Foara just learnt to speak English and misunderstood the term "evolution" to put it in to any context

How is it out of context? Humanity has morals, in order to progress, with science for example, morals are often ignored, the fact that they have no morality so they can seize domain over the planet is an evolutionary advantage, you could argue that the term exclusively applies to physiological traits, in which case, it's still about the survival of the fittest.

I think Zod's armor can be removable. There's a lot of the black suit showing. We may have to connect pieces together but I believe Hot Toys can pull it off.
Personally I'm skeptical as to how good armor that can be taken off and on by connecting pieces back together would actually look. It just sounds sort of cheap. Plus I really don't see Hot Toys going this route otherwise they might have already tried this in the past with other figures who wear armor (Iron Man with regular Tony Stark attire underneath his armor for instance).

It's a dumb quote for 2 reasons: 1) because Krypton was trying to stave off genuine evolution in favor of an artificial procreation of the species using apparently ancient DNA; and 2) because the guys with supposed morality (Superman, humans) defeated Zod's machine and army, and thus, won.

Also, morality is actually a hallmark of evolution because it is related to the development and support of social/ethnic groups and nationality, which sets the stage for the kinds of economic/technological/medical/nutritional development that has helped humanity survive far better and longer than people living in a Hobbesian struggle to survive in the absence of such morality.

It's a dumb quote for 2 reasons: 1) because Krypton was trying to stave off genuine evolution in favor of an artificial procreation of the species using apparently ancient DNA; and 2) because the guys with supposed morality (Superman, humans) defeated Zod's machine and army, and thus, won.

1) That's not staving off evolution, it's controlling evolution, evolution can be artificial.
2) That has nothing to do with the quote, the fact that Superman won is just part of the old trope that the hero can triumph over the "absolute" adversity.

That doesn't exactly explain how the quote is dumb, sorry.

Evolution is inherently a natural process ("natural selection" and whatnot). If you bypass nature it isn't evolution anymore.

And let's use logic for number 2:

premise: morality =/= evolution
premise: evolution always wins
therefore: those without morality always win
reality: those without morality lose

Dumb quote.

Also, morality is actually a hallmark of evolution because it is related to the development and support of social/ethnic groups and nationality, which sets the stage for the kinds of economic/technological/medical/nutritional development that has helped humanity survive far better and longer than people living in a Hobbesian struggle to survive in the absence of such morality.

That does not apply here, you're talking about the development of society, each society has it's own moral code, and some codes contradict others and societies ignore their moral code often, in this case the morality of Superman is supposed to hinder his ability to survive.

Evolution is inherently a natural process ("natural selection" and whatnot). If you bypass nature it isn't evolution anymore.

And let's use logic for number 2:

premise: morality =/= evolution
premise: evolution always wins
therefore: those without morality always win
reality: those without morality lose

Dumb quote.

No, natural selection is one kind of evolution, in this age and in the future is likely that it will not be the only one.

Plus natural selection doesn't apply to human beings in a society.

Number 2: Exactly, Superman beat the immorals which are supposed to be assured with the victory for not having morals, and are you telling me that all the leaders of the world have impeccable morals and compatible with yours?

Sorry, still not dumb.

um I think she was referring to the fact that he would hesitate to kill her and she would not. In the end, Superman didn't win because of his morality, he had to kill Zod. She was right, but Superman is different because he won't let that sense of morality go again. That's why he was so torn up about it. He stooped to their level but he was not one of them.

um I think she was referring to the fact that he would hesitate to kill her and she would not. In the end, Superman didn't win because of his morality, he had to kill Zod. She was right, but Superman is different because he won't let that sense of morality go again. That's why he was so torn up about it. He stooped to their level but he was not one of them.

I would agree with you, if it wasn't for the fact that they didn't know that Superman wasn't willing to kill at that point in the movie.

OR: Maybe you are right, after all Krypton didn't have death penalty, and Superman is supposed to have his father's values, in which case Faora's assumption was correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back