Hot Toys - MMS - MOS: General Zod

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really only natural Batman should take over this thread or any other thread affiliated with Superman. He's clearly taking over Superman's film franchise, so he may as well just take over evrything else.

I'm disappoimted that there will be no (at least yet) stand-alone Superman sequel featuring Supes only..like WB are fearing Supes can't stand alone.
I'm all for Superman / Batman film but not to replace MOS 2

I'm disappoimted that there will be no (at least yet) stand-alone Superman sequel featuring Supes only..like WB are fearing Supes can't stand alone.
I'm all for Superman / Batman film but not to replace MOS 2

I'm not disappointed about it. I'm downright pissed. I think this next movie is an absolute slap in the face to the character. WB is once again showing how clueless they are.

I'm not disappointed about it. I'm downright pissed. I think this next movie is an absolute slap in the face to the character. WB is once again showing how clueless they are.

:goodpost::exactly:

Perfectly summarizes why WB will never be in the same league as Marvel Studios, unfortunately.

MOS was a superb effort, but they blew their load. They are desperate to get Avengers $$$$, but don't want to put in the hard work to get there.

:goodpost::exactly:

Perfectly summarizes why WB will never be in the same league as Marvel Studios, unfortunately.

MOS was a superb effort, but they blew their load. They are desperate to get Avengers $$$$, but don't want to put in the hard work to get there.

Yes exactly!! They don't want to put in the effort to build up each character individually to fit in the universe that was created in MOS

It's really only natural Batman should take over this thread or any other thread affiliated with Superman. He's clearly taking over Superman's film franchise, so he may as well just take over everything else.

*big sigh* Can't fault someone for telling the truth. DC/WB is dumber than a bag of hammers, sad to say, and this is just more proof of same.

Batman brings in the money, every time. So in essence, DC/WB are actually quite intelligent, with the exception of Green Lantern, of course.

Finally people are making sense, I don't like it when they try to rationalize Batman's presence in the sequel as anything else than a slap on Supes face.

Batman brings in the money, every time. So in essence, DC/WB are actually quite intelligent, with the exception of Green Lantern, of course.

I don't know... On the face of it you'd think it would be an easy money maker, but I'm not sure. If it were Bale as Batman I think it would be an easy billion, but since it's likely going to be a new guy that audiences aren't familiar with or invested in I think it might not be the sure hit WB believes it will be.

It may sound intelligent from a marketing perspective, however from a
narrative standpoint its a bit premature and it may wind up severely backfiring in DC/WB's faces.
It makes no real sense to have Superman share screentime with another top tier DC hero in the first sequel of a trilogy.

I don't know... On the face of it you'd think it would be an easy money maker, but I'm not sure. If it were Bale as Batman I think it would be an easy billion, but since it's likely going to be a new guy that audiences aren't familiar with or invested in I think it might not be the sure hit WB believes it will be.

Precisely. Bale is still fixed in peoples minds as Batman. If WB is going to make a World's Finest with a new actor donning the
cape and cowl then they could atleast make it more gradual to make the change and transition better. Perhaps a mere cameo by Batman's
alter ego in MOS 2, then playing a much bigger role in MOS 3. MOS 2 should only be focusing on Clark settling into the role
as Metropolis' protector. WB is so eager to quickly cash in on a combined universe that they may end up stifling it.

Last edited:
If all we need is Batman, then why bother with the rest of the Justice League at all? Let's not bother with Flash, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman at all, let's just stick with what we know: Batman. Think of the money saved!

The fact is, DC/WB wants Avengers success WITHOUT ten years of prior work. But that is not how it works, you don't get people invested like that. This outfit is known for making stupid decisions, and "Man of Batman" is probably going to end up a total wash because of it.

Now instead of Gotham City being under the purview of Batman and Metropolis under the purview of Superman, Batman is going to own Gotham AND Metropolis. He's going to need to hire a few more Robins to handle the extra workload, good luck Bats.

I guess we were lucky to get one good movie in "Man of Steel." I will enjoy my Blu-ray, because its probably the last of its kind that we'll see. I feel very sorry for Henry Cavill, he is getting shortchanged by this stupid decision.

Wouldn't say it was 'good', but to each their own.

...Is this the part where I say that plainly your opinion is invalid, because you don't agree with me? If I behaved like many around these parts, it would be. *clears throat*

You had three Nolan films and are about to get yet another reboot of the Batman franchise. PLUS Batman is taking over the MoS franchise. The least, the very least I expect from people like you is a graceful acceptance of the fact that YES, it is true: Batman IS the only character WB/DC cares about. Everyone knew it, and now here is yet more proof.

If you did not like MoS, you have plenty of batman stuff that you DO like, with more on the way. Batman Forever, indeed! Now let us have our one lonely little Superman movie that we like, 'k? Geez.

If all we need is Batman, then why bother with the rest of the Justice League at all? Let's not bother with Flash, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman at all, let's just stick with what we know: Batman. Think of the money saved!

The fact is, DC/WB wants Avengers success WITHOUT ten years of prior work. But that is not how it works, you don't get people invested like that. This outfit is known for making stupid decisions, and "Man of Batman" is probably going to end up a total wash because of it.

Now instead of Gotham City being under the purview of Batman and Metropolis under the purview of Superman, Batman is going to own Gotham AND Metropolis. He's going to need to hire a few more Robins to handle the extra workload, good luck Bats.

I guess we were lucky to get one good movie in "Man of Steel." I will enjoy my Blu-ray, because its probably the last of its kind that we'll see. I feel very sorry for Henry Cavill, he is getting shortchanged by this stupid decision.

:exactly::goodpost: 100% nothing but the truth.

I will cherish my MoS BR as the treasure it is.

MoS DESERVED a stand alone sequel, it was so perfectly set for it.

That is crazy to think they set up the whole Daily Planet/Clark Kent thing at the end of MoS, but now it's going to be a full blown Batman vs. Superman flick.

They probably won't be spending too much time on that concept while they're fleshing out and developing the rivalry between Superman and Batman. I can see why fans would be peeved.

Sad but true. :lecture

That's one reason I will buy most of the MoS figures, I want to commemorate a movie I really, really liked. We're probably not going to get anything else of that quality, nor such powerful and charismatic villains.

That is crazy to think they set up the whole Daily Planet/Clark Kent thing at the end of MoS, but now it's going to be a full blown Batman vs. Superman flick.

They probably won't be spending too much time on that concept while they're fleshing out and developing the rivalry between Superman and Batman. I can see why fans would be peeved.

All that is going to be thrown out the window, mark my words. I am expecting the first film to retell Batman's origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back