Hot Toys - MMS - Ironman - Ironman Mk II Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
118771042d022bd69769bcf69b5c4842.jpg

I do really enjoy the detail on the back as it reminds me of that iconic first modern suit up sequence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was pretty much dismissed last time so here’s the proof of the height differences in IM2.

So War Machine is taller than IM...

4ptsvr18m7511.jpg

But IM is taller than War Machine...

iron-man-2-revisited-1-700x300.jpg

And Mickey Rourke is 12 feet tall?

3750383-5182977037-03071.jpg

Ok I got it...totally got nothing to do with perspective.

I think being able to see them head to toe side by side is more compelling than any of those photos. I think there is too much of a difference on screen to just be accounted for by perspective.

Maybe you're right. I just looked at my Mk 3 and it suddenly got a whole inch taller than my Mk 6. Anyone else had this issue?

20190107_223028[1].jpg

Here's my opinion on the suit heights, take it for what you will.
The Mk III and Mark IV suits are exactly the same size. At the same time, the Mk III is shorter.
The same can be said for the Mk II. :D

All I’m saying is that originally the suit was shorter. I’m sure they never wanted IM to be 5’ , 7” 1/2, like RDJ...So they made the first suit around 6’. He wears lifts to get to 5’ 9” so that initial suit up can look somewhat believable. Then later they decided to go bigger to make IM look more heroic or whatever.

The only reason I bring it up is because people have basically written this figure off over the ‘height’ issue. It’s by far the least discussed diecast movie release on this forum which is sort of silly. Even the ridiculous neon IM is more talked about.

Whatever...we live in a world where facts don’t matter and Aquaman is a great movie.

You're exactly right, and HT can't win with this. Making the Mark II as tall as the other suits is not really an option as it would require changing the proportions significantly. Hot Toys' figures are getting more and more lifelike/accurate, so this is not an option. As it stands, I think the Mark II should be said to be accurate in scale to the source material (the first movie) if not the concept of Iron Man as a figure as tall as Cap. America.

Just to add to this debate, the Pepper Potts figure is not accurate either. :slap

As you can see from this photo, she's about 1cm shorter than the Harley Dancer Dress figure. Margot Robbie is 5',5" and Gwyneth Paltrow is 5'9" in real life, so she should be much, much taller. If you swap the heads they look ridiculous.

HQ & PP.jpg

I guess it depends if you want a figure of RDJ in an Iron Man costume or Tony Stark in his suit from the movie. Personally I want Tony Stark.

Getting a full replacement of my Mark II. Base didn't light, head light was ridiculously dim and 1 arm had a screw that couldnt screw in for batt compartment. Thank you SS for doing the right thing.

118771042d022bd69769bcf69b5c4842.jpg

I do really enjoy the detail on the back as it reminds me of that iconic first modern suit up sequence.

I also am immensely enthused with the inner details. I'm a big fan of the "mech" aspect of Iron Man and I love that Mark III suit-up sequence.

Maybe you're right. I just looked at my Mk 3 and it suddenly got a whole inch taller than my Mk 6. Anyone else had this issue?

View attachment 439051

Say what now?!

Getting a full replacement of my Mark II. Base didn't light, head light was ridiculously dim and 1 arm had a screw that couldnt screw in for batt compartment. Thank you SS for doing the right thing.

Regarding the base...I had the same issue until I realized the batteries I was using had nubs on the positive side that weren’t long enough to reach the contact part of the battery compartment due to the plastic separator in the compartment. The first base didn’t light up and then the replacement didn’t light up and finally they sent the 3rd one with some off brand battery in it and they were working. The nubs (can’t really think of a better term) were longer on their generic batteries and worked. I then used their batteries in the 1st 2 bases they sent and they were actually working as well. Duracell and Energizer batteries both have short nubs so that’s why they don’t work in that base. Long story short, it’s probably the batteries and not the base. [emoji3]

Regarding the base...I had the same issue until I realized the batteries I was using had nubs on the positive side that weren’t long enough to reach the contact part of the battery compartment due to the plastic separator in the compartment. The first base didn’t light up and then the replacement didn’t light up and finally they sent the 3rd one with some off brand battery in it and they were working. The nubs (can’t really think of a better term) were longer on their generic batteries and worked. I then used their batteries in the 1st 2 bases they sent and they were actually working as well. Duracell and Energizer batteries both have short nubs so that’s why they don’t work in that base. Long story short, it’s probably the batteries and not the base. [emoji3]

fold up little pieces of aluminum foil to extend the positive post on the battery. It's just a conductive space filler.

Thanks for letting me know that. I also used Duracell and It's a sucky situation when now not all AAA will work in it.

With the mark II & III can the torso pull up like the IV and VI to make it a tad taller?
Reading over the posts about RDJ being 5’ 9” and watching iron man be 6’ 5” in the recent movies is kinda funny. He must be like Reed Richards and can stretch his body to match the taller suits.

With the mark II & III can the torso pull up like the IV and VI to make it a tad taller?
Reading over the posts about RDJ being 5’ 9” and watching iron man be 6’ 5” in the recent movies is kinda funny. He must be like Reed Richards and can stretch his body to match the taller suits.

Mark II yes, Mark III no.

So I finally decided to get this figure from a local comic shop (well kind of local, hour drive). Opened him up removed the padding and noticed this. 367DA926-8BBB-43F4-AFCE-41D4DFA3DBE7.jpg

I’m driving there again today hoping I can return it. This sucks. I tried buying the plastic version off eBay only for it to be missing paint and the seller telling me it was battle damage. Now this I’m just not meant to get this armor. I opened it in the store but didn’t take it out, guess I should have. I can’t believe the heel panel is just not there.

So I finally decided to get this figure from a local comic shop (well kind of local, hour drive). Opened him up removed the padding and noticed this.

I’m driving there again today hoping I can return it. This sucks. I tried buying the plastic version off eBay only for it to be missing paint and the seller telling me it was battle damage. Now this I’m just not meant to get this armor. I opened it in the store but didn’t take it out, guess I should have. I can’t believe the heel panel is just not there.

That sucks. I know the feeling regarding that heel panel. It easily comes off and if I wasn't paying attention I would have lost it taking my copy of this figure out the box. They way that piece is supposed to attach to the figure, it comes off very easily. Hopefully you can get your copy squared away rather it be a refund or the store having that missing piece.

Back