Hot Toys - MMS - Ironman - Ironman Mk II Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The height conundrum of the diecast armors doesn't bother me as much as a lot of people, I appreciate them for what they are. But it doesn't bother me when others push for extreme accuracy either. I do find it interesting that so many people dislike the short 2 and 3, but almost nobody seems to care that the 5 is just as oversized.

Oh man, you should go reread the Mk. V thread. Yeah, people were like “OMFG, THIS THING IS TOO BIG”. (Same thing I hear every time I bring a new girl...) :eek :lol :wink1:

This same discussion happens every time a main Mark suit comes out and will only get worse and more frequent now with the HOA reissue. Some just tire from seeing the same arguement about height and the dollie vitriol that comes out. It’s ok to have a position, just don’t beat others over the head with it. We’re are on a toy board and the vast majority of folks come in for escape not to bog down threads to argue screen accuracy. It never ends well and typically gets Mod cleanup on aisle 9.

Thank you for eloquently rephrasing what I was trying to say with my OCD post. Extremely well said and wish that I could write my thoughts down as politically correct and non confrontational as you’re able to do. Also +1 for the “cleanup on aisle 9” joke!

The mark IV should be taller, since Tony Stark himself is taller by that time.

im1.jpgim2.jpg

I just opened mine and comparing it against the blogger pic and optibotimus’s review, it looks like a paint defect on the right shoulder pad.
c39a689d8894ed87e6833603c9190e4f.jpg

52356d9f7970654824f2c6181e6fbac1.jpg

0593f4f0ea4557ee4f858ad050dfa5b7.jpg

e38025c0571775c928484ab6a089b767.jpg

What do you guys think?

Looks like a defect to me.

Absolutely a defect. I’m not even a “picky collector” and I’d return that garbage. Looks freaking melted and then semi-repaired.

Just checked mine to see if the shoulder armor is removable, unfortunately it’s not really. At least the arm can be removed so hopefully you can get that replaced. Good luck.

Opened mine today and the battery compartment of the left arm is defective cause there are no threads to tighten the screw and the base does not light up. This is what you get from a brand new HT figure and this is not the first time I get a defective Iron Man figure base.

Yea thanks guys, the seller said it’s been 3 months since it was shipped, apparently I’ve passed up the chance to get a replacement. He will only offer a partial refund.. Really disappointed with myself that I unboxed this for Xmas

This got me to check the same area on my first Hot Toys I got two years ago, the mark 3 stealth. Hot Toys you are a ****ing joke with your quality control
ce7c67bbca77ae600147c79a5056489c.jpg

Don't understand people who buy Hot Toys and then let them sit around for awhile without ever checking for any defects...

Don't understand people who buy Hot Toys and then let them sit around for awhile without ever checking for any defects...

Yea I've gotten better at this. When I first started collecting, I didn't open anything the first year because I was planning my shelves. Luckily, I've never had any defects but the Star-Lord jacket staining made me start opening all figures to check then putting them away.

6fd7cbcceac46062417a86c39e368150.jpg
4adc01a043c397be641e424f0f342b43.jpg
c787bc78085a58bc5654c1ac424f43b3.jpg

I was pretty much dismissed last time so here’s the proof of the height differences in IM2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda hard to see when your ocd just wants them to line up so badly.
Lol, ok sure bud. You stated an opinion, I countered.

Can you use a measure the Mk 4 using the same method to determine the height difference?

Here's another picture of the armory, from the set of Iron Man 3.

You can see that 3 and 4 are similar in heights.
5db0db5f125c9323ebbda3691115dcd3.jpg

All I’m saying is that originally the suit was shorter. I’m sure they never wanted IM to be 5’ , 7” 1/2, like RDJ...So they made the first suit around 6’. He wears lifts to get to 5’ 9” so that initial suit up can look somewhat believable. Then later they decided to go bigger to make IM look more heroic or whatever.

The only reason I bring it up is because people have basically written this figure off over the ‘height’ issue. It’s by far the least discussed diecast movie release on this forum which is sort of silly. Even the ridiculous neon IM is more talked about.

Whatever...we live in a world where facts don’t matter and Aquaman is a great movie.

All I’m saying is that originally the suit was shorter. I’m sure they never wanted IM to be 5’ , 7” 1/2, like RDJ...So they made the first suit around 6’. He wears lifts or whatever to get to 5’ 9” so that initial suit up can look somewhat believable. Then later they decided to go bigger to make IM look more heroic or whatever.

The only reason I bring it up is because people have basically written this figure off over the ‘height’ issue. It’s by far the least discussed diecast movie release on this forum which is sort of silly. Even the ridiculous neon IM is more talked about.

Whatever, we live in a world where facts don’t matter and Aquaman is a great movie.
I agree with you on the height difference. I just think the height difference is more noticeable in the figures than the movie props/renders of the armor.

Which is a shame, since this figure is nice. I didn't get it, but I enjoyed the MK 2 unleashed version

I have this and the Mark VI diecast. I measure the difference in height to be .625 inches, which equates to 3.75 inches in full scale. I do think/agree that the proportions make it feel a little smaller than that.

I owned unleash and my main gripes with it was the paint and the shape of the helmet. They improved both but not as much as I had hoped.

Back