Hot Toys - MMS - Ironman - Ironman Mk II Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, just received my beautiful mark 2. It's got some minor scuffs marks, but as it's only my second iron man, I'm not sure as to what level of wear I should be accepting. Granted no figure is going to be perfect, but for the price I'm paying I would like to get it pretty close to perfect.

The boxed figure was actually dropped from about waist height by the delivery man who was caught on camera. When I opened it one of the hands was detached. Not a big deal in itself but I wonder if the handling could have caused some of the other marks. The main issues I see are the scuffs on the shoulder blade, and the paint chip behind the flaps.

Would you guys be keeping or returning your mk 2 if it was delivered like this?
cd693d3b88d293c1999e552ee8649caf.jpg
9c67a5f64b82324f92df8a47499196ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Hi guys, just received my beautiful mark 2. It's got some minor scuffs marks, but as it's only my second iron man, I'm not sure as to what level of wear I should be accepting. Granted no figure is going to be perfect, but for the price I'm paying I would like to get it pretty close to perfect.

The boxed figure was actually dropped from about waist height by the delivery man who was caught on camera. When I opened it one of the hands was detached. Not a big deal in itself but I wonder if the handling could have caused some of the other marks. The main issues I see are the scuffs on the shoulder blade, and the paint chip behind the flaps.

cd693d3b88d293c1999e552ee8649caf.jpg
9c67a5f64b82324f92df8a47499196ea.jpg

Exchange it. I would contact who ever you ordered from and see what they can do about it. Any issues on the face or front?

Yeah I'm leaning towards trying to get an exchange. The front is fine apart from the slightest of smudges on the LED faceplate. You would need a good light to notice it, but then again I do plan to display it under bright light.

8e238a39169a6c84efd5a9867b8cab72.jpg

Chipped paint and scuffs = exchange

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Hi Resphito

I've just started collecting Iron Man like you. The photos you posted aren't high enough resolution to tell for sure but I suspect the marks you mentioned are actually intentional. When I got the Mark 45 I was certain there was a paint chip in one area, but when I looked at it with macro lens I could see it was applied paint - weathering.

Genuine paint chips and scratches are caused in the factory and the figures are most likely boxed up imperfect. It's easy to tell, look in the foam insert. If the paint has chipped or fallen off in transit it will be in the box as a tiny flake.

Even then, paint chips are often likely down to impurities in the paint that cause it to adhere badly to the undercoat, rather than rough handling.

I passed on the Mark II because of it's troubled relationship with Mark III diecast but I'd still like to own it. It looks amazing. Short, but amazing.:)

Hey everyone, just got this guy in today. He definitely has a defect in the below photos, right? I tried some basic stuff to see if it would wipe off but it made no difference...

20181129_120721.jpg
20181129_120709.jpg

Hey everyone, just got this guy in today. He definitely has a defect in the below photos, right? I tried some basic stuff to see if it would wipe off but it made no difference...

View attachment 434650
View attachment 434651

Yeah I’d say that’s a defect if it won’t rub off with a damp cloth. Sucks that is it right on the thigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you watch the HoA scene in Iron Man 2 you can see (or measure) that the Mark IV is nearly a full head taller than Mark I-III. I think the height on this figure is correct...just my opinion after rewatching and measuring.

Either way I’m looking forward to receiving this figure later this week. Unleashed was my first HT figure but it started to look dated to me after I got some newer armors. This one isn’t perfect but it did address the main issues I had with the unleashed version.

Jeez, looks more like what you need to do to the original leg in order to receive your replacement...how the heck did that happen?

My theory is the wrapped the bubble wrap around it so tightly that too much pressure was applied to the foot and it shattered, perhaps over a particularly nasty bump. The foot was loose in the box with a flap, some small plastic was stick to the bubble wrap tape, and the actual leg and other pieces were still secured in the bubble wrap.

If you watch the HoA scene in Iron Man 2 you can see (or measure) that the Mark IV is nearly a full head taller than Mark I-III. I think the height on this figure is correct...just my opinion after rewatching and measuring.

Either way I’m looking forward to receiving this figure later this week. Unleashed was my first HT figure but it started to look dated to me after I got some newer armors. This one isn’t perfect but it did address the main issues I had with the unleashed version.

They look to be the same height. you can see by the lines on the sides.
Doc1[1115].jpg

Back