Hot Toys - MMS - Ironman - Ironman Mk II Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you guys have any quality issues?

I have few marks on abs, and few starches on fly panels in which I am not sure whether battle damage or quality error.

This one just seems to have quite a few QC issues… seems like it was "rushed" through production.

Had a chance to buy a diecast Mark III and this guy below retail, but just could not pull the trigger.
The height thing still bothers the hell out of me to this day (whether it is "screen-accurate" or not).

The height difference with the other Marks doesn't really bother me, especially once he's on his stand, but I do wish they'd done the shoulder joint the same as they did with the V and VI. I know it's because they used an older mold, but it would've been nice. Good as this looks, that and some of the other things people have mentioned will probably make him less of an MVP in the Iron Man lineup.

The height difference with the other Marks doesn't really bother me, especially once he's on his stand, but I do wish they'd done the shoulder joint the same as they did with the V and VI. I know it's because they used an older mold, but it would've been nice. Good as this looks, that and some of the other things people have mentioned will probably make him less of an MVP in the Iron Man lineup.

This was an easy pass due to the height discrepancy. It proves it's an inferior version since they are using the Mk 3 2.0 mold...which simply doesn't hold up to the new IM standards we have all come to appreciate and expect.

I have this on order (payment plan) simply because usually the diecast Iron Man sell out relatively quickly once they release. Thing is though, I have the Mark 3 Stealth (because frankly I have enough friggin red and gold on the shelf) and I've done a decent job of not having "color swaps" where it's the same armor with a different coat of paint. So I'm conflicted on this armor. I'll probably still go through with the purchase, but he will definitely be on the "First to Sell" list should I want to thin the collection.

I have this on order (payment plan) simply because usually the diecast Iron Man sell out relatively quickly once they release. Thing is though, I have the Mark 3 Stealth (because frankly I have enough friggin red and gold on the shelf) and I've done a decent job of not having "color swaps" where it's the same armor with a different coat of paint. So I'm conflicted on this armor. I'll probably still go through with the purchase, but he will definitely be on the "First to Sell" list should I want to thin the collection.

Remember, this is not a repaint. Nor is the Mk III or Mk III Stealth a repaint of this armor. Yes, essentially they are the same, but the most distinctive thing that sets them apart is not the silver color, but the, "rivets." It's that original, unfinished look that really visually separates the Mk II from the Mk III.

Let's not forget the waist articulation. Must count for something.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

The new waist is a big welcome from the one that came with the Mark III. I very much enjoy the raw, riveted look of the Mark II. Overall I’m happy with mine considering this is my first Mark II. Extending his torso while posing him also helps with the height issue a bit. Either way I’m happy.

0397C0C5-0CD9-483B-82B5-D50E0BE6BC36.jpg

The new waist is a big welcome from the one that came with the Mark III. I very much enjoy the raw, riveted look of the Mark II. Overall I’m happy with mine considering this is my first Mark II. Extending his torso while posing him also helps with the height issue a bit. Either way I’m happy.

View attachment 423354
Looks nice. Can't wait to get mine.

I have 2 unleashed Mark 2s, one is in my Gantry in Stark's shop and the other is occupying the 2nd bay of the HOA in Starks Shop.

Neither one was 100% complete when I bought them but they were good enough to use the way I wanted to display them.

Originally I was going to sell the extra figure when my die cast Mark 2 showed up but I have decided to use it's legs as parts for the Gantry Display and I'll stick will be able to use the other in my Air Force themed War Machine HOA that I'm currently designing.

I doubt I could have gotten much for the partial figure and I'll still do okay selling the extra Don Cheadle heads on eBay.

I also have some extra parts for the armor recycle bin that located in the Iron Legion Storage Room

This was easier than I expected.

The legs come apart pretty easy and you just have to do a little clean up of the screw bosses to make the armor panels look more realistic.

Then I used a heat gun to shape the gantry clamps to the shape of the legs.

Just a dab of glue to hold the panels in the clamps and it was done

If someone doesn't want their little hologram and is willing to reasonably part with it, I'd be mighty interested. I have been looking for something like that for my ToysBox workshop bench for a long time. Thank you!

I cancelled my PO from BBTS. I recognize it is indeed a good figure, however I'm not thrilled by it. Perchance I may get it later.

I'm canceling as well. I have the DC mk 3 and 3 stealth and I'm not making a hall of armors so I dont really need it. It kinda was between this figure and gladiator hulk so I chose hulk

I know this figure is getting a lot of negative response in here but I have to say I like it a lot. The figure is very solid and looks great in person. Great paint and clean lines. I would say scale wise it is more accurate than it gets credit for. If anything I think the Mark 5 is way oversized even though the figure itself is great. Just my opinion.
49ca359faf457707d198f898f6df15eb.jpg
0e7b21c232ccd526e9f9d9a0f0aad00a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I missed out on the first version, because honestly I didn't really like a plain ole' silver Iron Man suit compared to the other suits.

But I'm glad I waited to get the diecast version, because I was wrong. It's a pretty good suit! I did a review below:

Wow i still have not opened mine.

i thought he Mark5 was going to tower over the Mark 2 and 3

Need to find time to put them all up and snap pics

I know this figure is getting a lot of negative response in here but I have to say I like it a lot. The figure is very solid and looks great in person. Great paint and clean lines. I would say scale wise it is more accurate than it gets credit for. If anything I think the Mark 5 is way oversized even though the figure itself is great. Just my opinion.
49ca359faf457707d198f898f6df15eb.jpg
0e7b21c232ccd526e9f9d9a0f0aad00a.jpg

Wow i still have not opened mine.

i thought he Mark5 was going to tower over the Mark 2 and 3

Need to find time to put them all up and snap pics

The Mark 5 is definitely taller. A lot of it is the perspective of the picture. The 2 and 3 are a little closer to the camera and their bases are a little taller.

Back