Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Suit-Up Gantry with and w/o Mk IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know what is happening with this? SSC is showing as "check back soon" for inventory? I still need a Mark IV and was thinking of getting it this way and possibly selling the Gantry. Less than the online price would still get me a cheaper Mark IV right? Anyone see a concern with my logic? Will I get stuck with the Gantry or lose money?

This is coming up as waitlist on Sideshow site. Is this due to split shipment? I'm waiting on mine from AE.

Anyone know what is happening with this? SSC is showing as "check back soon" for inventory? I still need a Mark IV and was thinking of getting it this way and possibly selling the Gantry. Less than the online price would still get me a cheaper Mark IV right? Anyone see a concern with my logic? Will I get stuck with the Gantry or lose money?

Depends what you're going to ask for the Gantry.
It's selling for about $325 new, without the Mk.IV.
If you can sell it for that much, you'll definitely be on the up.

I think you won't have any problems selling especially since you're including the packaging/box that the set comes with. It's very nicely done.

The packaging/box that the set comes with.. is very nicely done.

Does anyone know if Sideshow ship these out in any kind of larger outer shipper box? The artwork on the Hot Toys Box looks pretty nice - be a shame to have courier stickers plastered all over it.

Does anyone know if Sideshow ship these out in any kind of larger outer shipper box? The artwork on the Hot Toys Box looks pretty nice - be a shame to have courier stickers plastered all over it.

There is a cardboard shipper just like the rest of HTs stuff that is just slightly bigger than the main box. If you're really concerned (like me) you can call and have them add a packout for $10. They put the shipper in a larger box so you don't wind up with crushed corners or creases from UPS/FedEx ever so delicate handling.

There is a cardboard shipper just like the rest of HTs stuff that is just slightly bigger than the main box. If you're really concerned (like me) you can call and have them add a packout for $10. They put the shipper in a larger box so you don't wind up with crushed corners or creases from UPS/FedEx ever so delicate handling.
Yes, this gives the customer a little more piece of mind in that they will receive a box in better condition than without. Whether or not it is worth the extra $10 is debatable.

I've received figures with a packout and with the plain Hot Toys outer shipper. There were times when it's made no difference.

There are also places that will take the HT shipper and automatically put it into another, larger, shipper box without an additional charge (i.e. Alteregocomics)

Yes, this gives the customer a little more piece of mind in that they will receive a box in better condition than without. Whether or not it is worth the extra $10 is debatable.

For me it is. I have had very bad luck with stuff showing up dinged and dented. Then again, I am a mint box collector. Read: OCD.

There are also places that will take the HT shipper and automatically put it into another, larger, shipper box without an additional charge (i.e. Alteregocomics)

Thanks for the info. I will definitely give some consideration to giving them a try.

[Rant]
I have ranted before about how I think it's a rip-off that I have to pay for the pack-out. My opinion on this is not improving with time. To me, it's no different then the guy who had his figure sent back from HT's in a bubble mailer. Trashed when it got there. We're paying $200+ or in this case $500 for a collectors item. We collect them. Therefore, we want them perfect. It may technically be a toy but not something I'm going to hand my 4 yr old to play with. The least they could do is make sure it gets to me in mint condition and yes, this includes the box. Any less is completely unacceptable.
[/Rant]

Not to go any further OT but how is their customer service? A lot of what has kept me with SS is their absolute TOP NOTCH customer service.

Last edited:
I've had to use their customer service a few times, but mainly with issues with my account and customer points. They took care of it with me by email and had it resolved same day.

The store I work at got our Gantry + Mark IVs from Sideshow today so everyone should be receiving theirs shortly.

Depends what you're going to ask for the Gantry.
It's selling for about $325 new, without the Mk.IV.
If you can sell it for that much, you'll definitely be on the up.

I think you won't have any problems selling especially since you're including the packaging/box that the set comes with. It's very nicely done.

Thanks. Not looking to make money, just get a Mark IV for at least close to regular cost.

I've received figures with a packout and with the plain Hot Toys outer shipper. There were times when it's made no difference.

AE usually ships items in a larger box, except in the case of Ghost Rider, they shipped Ghost Rider in the HT shipper. Not sure what they plan to do about the Gantry.

AE usually ships items in a larger box, except in the case of Ghost Rider, they shipped Ghost Rider in the HT shipper. Not sure what they plan to do about the Gantry.

Maybe someone here who purchased their Gantry from AE can chime in.
I thought they already got their allotment and shipped already.

just got my gantry from seller onh ere and wow its awesome. this will take a while to put together. im scared ill break something lol. pics when i put together

just got my gantry from seller onh ere and wow its awesome. this will take a while to put together. im scared ill break something lol. pics when i put together

I thought the same exact thing when I got mine. lol

It really doesn't take very long. Go slow, be delicate and patient but not scared. I have no doubt you'll be fine. Good luck!

I thought the same exact thing when I got mine. lol

It really doesn't take very long. Go slow, be delicate and patient but not scared. I have no doubt you'll be fine. Good luck!

thanks ya i was planning on putting it together during my lunch break but i was going so slow and careful i knew it b a while lol. so i put it away till 2moro morning.

Mine will be here sometime this week. I'm excited about it as much because of the mk IV as I am about the gantry. The new head looks awesome. It's almost comical looking back a couple of years ago at the older head sculpts.

thanks ya i was planning on putting it together during my lunch break but i was going so slow and careful i knew it b a while lol. so i put it away till 2moro morning.
One advice I can share, make sure and read the manual for the rotational joints and axis of rotation. With all the details of this piece, it can get confusing exactly what can move and what can't.

Very carefully move/rotate each of the joints to loosen them BEFORE assembling onto the base. This is necessary if the joints are stiff as mine was and incredibly difficult to move.

Trying to rotate the joints for the very first time while it's already mounted onto the base could break it.

Back