Hot Toys - MMS - Episode VII - Snowtrooper & Officer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here ya go Clone. The neck adapters are different sizes though, so the Stormtrooper is just laying there and the Snowtrooper is too small to be pushed down all the way without getting done strecthed out. LoL tmp_25477-IMAG1344_1517180714.jpg

My figure arrived today. It's nice, but some aspects are disappointing, particularly the sloppy paintjob and the chest plate's annoying straps.

Here ya go Clone. The neck adapters are different sizes though, so the Stormtrooper is just laying there and the Snowtrooper is too small to be pushed down all the way without getting done strecthed out. LoL View attachment 252199

Thanks...damn wish they fit properly...I do like the Long Coat Commander

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Episode VII - Snowtrooper & Officer

Can you expand on the sloppy paint job? I heard the boot straps weren't the best. anything else?
The black bar above the visor was a bit uneven, I managed to make it somewhat better by scraping some of the excess black paint with an exacto knife.

The buttons on my figure's chest plate weren't the best. Not terrible, but not clean. Also, this is probably unique to me but my figure has a spot in the lower right hand corner of his chest control panel where the paint is messed up; there was some excess dried there, and when I removed it, it left an unpainted spot.

This is all in addition to the rather sloppy bootstrap paint.

Sloppy paint seems to be the common complaint with this particular figure/set. That's very unlike Hot Toys who usually do exceptional paintwork. Sure, there's other QC problems with their figures but paint usually isn't one of them.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Episode VII - Snowtrooper & Officer

Sloppy paint seems to be the common complaint with this particular figure/set. That's very unlike Hot Toys who usually do exceptional paintwork. Sure, there's other QC problems with their figures but paint usually isn't one of them.
Yeah, I have a Kylo Ren and Spacetrooper, and was very surprised by this figure's comparatively poor paintwork. I really didn't expect this from them.

Nice figure but the fabric material is a bit too white against the plastic parts. That said I'm really glad I got him rather than another stormtrooper.
ba429a9d01931cec846bc33cd11d4ca0.jpg

Looks good with Kylo
cb72e27ebc1b96e3529b8ece47a489f1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad to see pics of this guy. And thanks for the details about the paint, Napalm. I had a feeling the visor (black line above) wasn't painted very cleanly. Still looks like a pretty cool figure.

Glad to see pics of this guy. And thanks for the details about the paint, Napalm. I had a feeling the visor (black line above) wasn't painted very cleanly. Still looks like a pretty cool figure.
No problem. Yeah, he's still a good figure, but the paint makes it feel as though it was somewhat rushed. I'm going to see if I can find the right shade of white and possibly correct that spot on my figure's chest plate.

Also, has anyone else noticed yellowing (I don't know what else to call it) on the straps?

So happy I saw this post. Got the only pauldron and chest armour. Mine arrived with glue stuck on the arm and some of the paint missing. Sideshow wouldn't replace it only offered $15 discount. Load of crap!

I do wonder if the stormtroopers will change for each new movie like they did with the prequels. More $$ :(

Back