Hot Toys - MMS - Episode VII - Snowtrooper & Officer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct. 25 minutes of scenes with completed effects were cut during the last month of editing, and the Snowspeeder chase (and Snowspeeders) were probably part of that 25 minutes.

What in the world were they thinking of cutting out all that??? What idiots. So Hot Toys and Hasbro were operating under the assumption of that scene and they cut it. For all those who like to say they make movies for the merchandise, that right there proves it wrong.

So, I cancelled my two pack and extra Snowtrooper because of the little screen time they had, now I put have to get them if the scene ends up being good.

There was a rumor before the film's release that Kylo entered the Falcon at some point after it had crashed on Starkiller Base and had some sort of "emotional moment" in the cockpit. Whether the rumor was completely false, or this was actually filmed and cut, I do not know, but I purchased and have been looking through the visual guide and on the snowtrooper page there is an image of two snowtroopers inside the falcon, and the text next to the image reads "Snowtroopers come in from the cold to examine the interior of the Millenium Falcon after it trespasses into First Order territory" So maybe they really are in some additional scenes that we could see on the blu ray.

Damn. I hope that's true.

tumblr_no9dopxH6L1sdbhp4o1_500%5B1%5D.gif

Last edited:
There was a rumor before the film's release that Kylo entered the Falcon at some point after it had crashed on Starkiller Base and had some sort of "emotional moment" in the cockpit. Whether the rumor was completely false, or this was actually filmed and cut, I do not know, but I purchased and have been looking through the visual guide and on the snowtrooper page there is an image of two snowtroopers inside the falcon, and the text next to the image reads "Snowtroopers come in from the cold to examine the interior of the Millenium Falcon after it trespasses into First Order territory" So maybe they really are in some additional scenes that we could see on the blu ray.

That scene is in the audiobook, hoping it was filmed.

I asked Pablo Hildalgo about that scene.
Apparently it was cut due to the fact it didn't make sense to have Kylo go out to the MF and then turn around and go back to the base cause he would have known whoever was on the MF would have been going to destroy the base or try to free Rey anyways...
I really hope to see the scene of Kylo sitting at the MF controls...it was rumoured there is a Snoke v/o saying "don't get sentimental"...

I asked Pablo Hildalgo about that scene.
Apparently it was cut due to the fact it didn't make sense to have Kylo go out to the MF and then turn around and go back to the base cause he would have known whoever was on the MF would have been going to destroy the base or try to free Rey anyways...
I really hope to see the scene of Kylo sitting at the MF controls...it was rumoured there is a Snoke v/o saying "don't get sentimental"...

Yeah I can see why they cut it. But I would still like to see it.

I don't know if it's been mentioned but the Visual Dictionary has a picture of the scene with the snowtroopers searching the falcon.

riCHBzd.jpg

Too bad it had to be edited out. Would have been a nice nod to Vader Entering Echo base scene. Hopefully, we get another chance at seeing those snowtrooper on the big screen in Episode VIII.

Just ordered the Officer along with a Spacetrooper, in addition to the Kylo Ren I ordered on Christmas. Looks like the collection's getting an upgrade! These will be my first Hot Toys figures; the only other 1/6 scale figure I own is the Sideshow Deluxe Vader.

For all those who like to say they make movies for the merchandise, that right there proves it wrong.

BB-8, new three pronged lightsabers, toyetic trooper vatiations, Captain Phasma . . .

In the Art Book they explain that for the aerial battles they went with just X-Wings vs. regular TIE's because of the sheer volume of fighters on both sides in this movie. They wanted instantly identifiable silhouettes so that the audience would always be able to tell who was who. Now I admit, I was a little bummed that there were no A-Wings or whatever brand new ships but they could have so *easily* had three types of TIE Fighters and five new Resistance fighters and increased spaceship toys tenfold. So I can't help but appreciate that they erred on the side of having a more enjoyable film experience at the expense of additional merchandise.

In the Art Book they explain that for the aerial battles they went with just X-Wings vs. regular TIE's because of the sheer volume of fighters on both sides in this movie. They wanted instantly identifiable silhouettes so that the audience would always be able to tell who was who. Now I admit, I was a little bummed that there were no A-Wings or whatever brand new ships but they could have so *easily* had three types of TIE Fighters and five new Resistance fighters and increased spaceship toys tenfold. So I can't help but appreciate that they erred on the side of having a more enjoyable film experience at the expense of additional merchandise.

The battles between the TIE and X-Wings do look awesome due to that fact, especially over Maz's cantina. Would have loved to have seen one new resistance ship introduced for maybe the final battle though, give it some special purpose like bombing (which seems to be what the Y-wings are for in all the video games but they weren't used like that in ANH from what I recall). I know they had trouble with using the B-wings in ROTJ as much as they wanted, would have been nice to have seen more of those in action.

There are some really cool designs in the art book, which was my favorite Xmas present. One of the best is Rey's ship, which seemed to have a Lost in Space droid sitting next to it.

Back