Hot Toys MMS DX; your thoughts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you mean like wet the suit? and how long would that last? you dont mean i should wet the suit everyday forever so it would look the best forever, do you?<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://photozbucket.com/pages/3346/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://photozbucket.com/pages/3346/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

That probably wouldn't work out very good either.

No offense, but you chose a poor picture to get your point across. That pic only goes to show somebody's inability to pose the coat correctly. One of my "real" suit coats would have the lapels sitting up like that too, if I was wearing the thing all the way up on my shoulders like that.
it would be true if that's just the case of one collector too stupid to pose better. i've seen many collectors pics of ver1 joker's suit and the collars always look like that. here's one of michael crawford's:

No, it's completely true, because I was only referring to the pic you posted as a basis for your point. Trust me, I get what you're saying, but you chose a horrible pic to express it. You could've taken your perfectly ideal tailored 1/6 coat, put it on a figure... all the way up on the shoulders, like that pic, and the lapels would guaranteed to be sticking out. I'm just noting that people would see your post with that pic, and just go "Well that guy doesn't even have the coat on right!"

The Crawford pic is a better example... granted I've also seen collector's pics where the lapels and collar are not popped up. The "water trick" has been used by military customizers for years to get 1/6 clothing to sit more realistically on a body, also to add some wrinkles/creases and such... and as far as I know, is permanent. Once you've wet the article and adjusted it to your likeness, let it dry and it will sit in place. I've never heard of people needing to water their figures like some sort of plant.

Look at it this way, what's your alternative? DCD? Medicom?! :lol

while i agree that it may seem greedy and irresponsible for a company to keep milking its loyal customers, many of u folks are forgetting one thing.

things like the "DX" series are a way in for NEW collectors, people who just got into the hobby and may have missed stuff that came out years or even just a few months ago. people like me.

the ledger joker being so incredibly popular and iconic, the figure was a guaranteed best seller. so naturally, it'd be snapped up by everyone, including non-collectors who want a piece of the coolness. therefore, either the figure'd be completely sold-out or be sold on ebay at exorbitant prices. either way, it'd be out of reach for many people.

so by re-releasing the figure hot toys is giving MORE people a chance to own it, as well as being an exercise in honing their craft.

i know it sucks if u already own the v1 joker. i'd be annoyed too. but i don't think it's unfair of ht to do this.

i for one, do not have the v1, so this is an excellent chance for me.

i'd also love to see them come up with a DX robocop (maybe a battle-damaged version with alternate helmetless murphy head) and the aliens colonial marines, this time with ACCURATE headsculpts and paint apps. :D

that's my wishlist...

Right I am going to say my thoughts on this. Kids listen.
I am fed up up of your joker obsession, it is becoming ridiculous and slightly disturbing. Just through reading the comments, how many Joker versions do you want!!! I mean they did a fine job with bank robber joker. And they should leave it at that. Why I am getting angry is that it is a possibility that the future releases eg. Predator, alien (fingers crossed, hopefully, the robocop 2 cain, as they said they are working on it) could be pushed back just to release this very soon.
And now you expect another follow up dx version 4 of the joker, this time in nurse costume. Enough's enough with the joker.
Heath Ledger did a great job of portraying a dislikable character!

I just wish Hot Toys, knowing what it is they are going to make, would just announce them in advance so I could spend my money more wisely.

I would like the DX version of whatever figure. Who wants second best? As they will now have the good version and the better version, how are they going to decide in what area they are going to cut back on to make the regular. Will all DX versions exploit a particular trait? Like DX's will have the eye movement and light up stands? The sculpt will be just as good but different? They'll all be 2 in 1's? At least Sideshow would give you the choice. Regular and exclusive, both at the same time, so you could decide.

If Hot Toys is just making this range as another competitive strategy to unsettle Enterbay, then they ought to lay their cards on the table. I'd like to see them do that. Go on Hot Toys I dare you. Make a figure and make it the best it can be and have done with it.

If Hot Toys is just making this range as another competitive strategy to unsettle Enterbay, then they ought to lay their cards on the table. I'd like to see them do that. Go on Hot Toys I dare you. Make a figure and make it the best it can be and have done with it.

Unsettle Enterbay?? Its the other way round!

The small fish is scaring the big shark back into deeper waters!!

Right I am going to say my thoughts on this. Kids listen.
I am fed up up of your joker obsession, it is becoming ridiculous and slightly disturbing. Just through reading the comments, how many Joker versions do you want!!! I mean they did a fine job with bank robber joker. And they should leave it at that. Why I am getting angry is that it is a possibility that the future releases eg. Predator, alien (fingers crossed, hopefully, the robocop 2 cain, as they said they are working on it) could be pushed back just to release this very soon.
And now you expect another follow up dx version 4 of the joker, this time in nurse costume. Enough's enough with the joker.
Heath Ledger did a great job of portraying a dislikable character!

marctron...

why so serious?

:lol:lol:lol

Unsettle Enterbay?? Its the other way round!

The small fish is scaring the big shark back into deeper waters!!

:lol People always shout expensive whenever Enterbay is mentioned. Which is only true of their Bruce Lee figures. When Sideshow was all the rage, it was Hot Toys that were deemed to be too expensive. With the DX range Hot Toys look to be trying to outprice Enterbay as well. :lol

I love Enterbay, but I don't think Hot Toys needs to be scared of them. I really wonder why they feel the need to make, some of the latest developments, so obviously out to undermine Enterbay. It's not like Hot Toys are trying to corner the market, or they'd be making samurai to put down DiD. Okay, they shared manufacturing ideas with Enterbay, but that ought to be in the past by now. First it was some of the packaging ideas, using foam, then The Godfather, going sculpt for sculpt, and now the eye ball system, an eye for an eye. What next? Hot Toys skin technology. Somehow I think it will be. :lol

That would actually be my preference... give me a heads up so I can cancel the regular and get the DX of a given figure.

Yeah, either make every figure up to the DX bar, or make figures only regular or DX, no double dipping.

I think every company should make their stuff the best as possible.

Well, I agree, but in the case of the DX figure, how much extra are we paying for the LED stand and movable eyes. If the cutting out of stuff like that keeps the price back down to the more average price, I'd rather that. Like I said in the Dutch thread, I don't care about the movable eyes on that figure. Sure it'd be the best Dutch HT could make, but it's also overkill.

I believe in doing the best job possible as far as is necessary. Joker is a character that benefits from having the movable eyes so it's right to push him that far, Dutch and characters like that, it's not needed.

I guess I'm lazy cause I don't wanna look through all these pages but how do the eyes move exactly? I don't get how you could move them. :dunno

Back