HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Thank you guys.
Heubert, if like me you are unhappy with the way the figure looks out of the box you should really do this.
In my opinion it helps the figure reach its full potential (like the BVS Batman does right out of the box).
The most frustrating parts are the gauntlets mod and putting the sleeves on the muscular arms but it's not difficult.
You will need to Dremel the neck's interior a little to make room for the adapter but no glue is needed.

IMG_3816_zpssp7qhuk4.jpg

IMG_3838_zpsozqpu1ma.jpg

IMG_3831_zps7j2sx6zw.jpg

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Looks great with the Armory Cowl. :hi5: Now you have to get you a 2nd one and do a Roof top scene Bruce.

:hi5:

Looks great with the Armory Cowl. :hi5: Now you have to get you a 2nd one and do a Roof top scene Bruce.

:hi5:
Do not think I haven't thought about it after seeing your photos.
I hold you responsible if my wife throws me out! :rotfl

Thank you guys.
Heubert, if like me you are unhappy with the way the figure looks out of the box you should really do this.
In my opinion it helps the figure reach its full potential (like the BVS Batman does right out of the box).
The most frustrating parts are the gauntlets mod and putting the sleeves on the muscular arms but it's not difficult.
You will need to Dremel the neck's interior a little to make room for the adapter but no glue is needed.

Thanks, man. I'm actually okay with Armory Batman out of the box, way happier than I was with my DX12 then -- but seeing your modifications I saw a big difference right away.

@irok83: Man those are fantastic Batmen.

Best mouth/face likeness to Bale too.

The Hot Toys Batman figures (every version they've done) would be so much better if and more realistic looking if they dropped the moving eyes and pop out face plates and focused on accuracy. Back when they started they went in with good intentions, but all their Batman figures have this Japanese toy influence to them that's hard to unsee. Even their current Affleck Batman looks goofy with the small face plate that juts out and looks weird from different angles like every other Batman they've done. They should just drop it. If they insist on having an angry Batman or a Batman that's looking to the right, do what enterbay did and include alternate heads. This faceplate and eye stuff makes their Batmen look robotic.

x2.

another point is, that ht never got that soft rubber look of the cowl. it looks too hard and too textured somehow. plus they never got the profile and the size of the cowl right.

not really dx12 related, but while talking about the medi head i've took two shots of mine :D

tdkmedix2-1.png

tdkmedix2-2.png

I've always loved the Medicom cowl. Never was a fan of the one piece opinion though. Great looking Thrustmaster.

Here's a semi close up of how my modded BC looks.

IMG_20151227_030155.jpg

Just waiting on the modded Medi cowl and I'm done. Will be selling this one if anyone wants:

4a7f7fc317931be3f0d32410cea061d2_zpssngfgofy.jpg

Will be posting a sales thread for it but just a heads up. :duff

The Medi and BC cowls look great but I prefer the armory cowl which I find esthetically more pleasing.

IMG_3879_zpsec73phka.jpg

IMG_3882_zpsg2vd6tec.jpg

Man, I really need to get that body mod done. He looks so much better than the stock armory Batman, actually has some shape to his physique.

Man, I really need to get that body mod done. He looks so much better than the stock armory Batman, actually has some shape to his physique.

You won't regret it.
The DX12/Armory has a lot of great things going for it but also some important issues which are hard to ignore.

Do it man! You'll love the results.

How do you even remove the batsuit safely though?

My favorite aspect of the medi cowl has always been the texture. The texture on the HT cowl is always whats bothered me the most for some reason.

wow...he look way better like that..
make me considering changing the body, but it looks like a lot of troubles..

The one thing that bothering me, is that it seems that you can't put the arms along the body anymore...there is always a big gap, because of the new muscular body...

How do you even remove the batsuit safely though?

The uppper chest armour is held by glue which you have to detach - that gives you access to the cloth suit underneath. You have to unpick all of the stitching to get to the body. To put it back togther again, you have to re-sew it.

wow...he look way better like that..
make me considering changing the body, but it looks like a lot of troubles..

The one thing that bothering me, is that it seems that you can't put the arms along the body anymore...there is always a big gap, because of the new muscular body...
You can put the arms closer to the body than I did on my photo but not completely against the body as you would with the figure out of the box.
I do not find the poses with the arms against the body natural at all but it's a matter of taste.
With the new body you gain a lot of movement in the legs and pelvis, the torso still moves well and the neck still has some movement.
The arms still move OK but they are a bit stiffer than before due to the larger muscles and different articulations.
The gauntlet mod means the hands don't really move and they are a pain to switch.
Also, because of the neck mod I cannot use the Bruce Wayne head on this figure but it is possible to modify the figure for the Bruce Wayne sculpt, take a look at Irok's mod.
Like most things it's a bit of a compromise but well worth it in my opinion.

for the arms i was thinking of that kind of pose:
https://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_marfsu4mZD1qdqlkxo6_1280.jpg

for the wayne head, no worries, i have an old mms71 body that i could use...
speaking of the mms71, that body was massive...and makes the dx12 really skinny

what body did you use?
something like this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Ver...051861?hash=item338682cf95:g:aLsAAOSwPe1T7ZnG

do you thing this one could work (no neck to cut):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Ver...145266?hash=item33847d6ff2:g:XbEAAOxy3hJSQEZX

for the arms i was thinking of that kind of pose:
https://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_marfsu4mZD1qdqlkxo6_1280.jpg

for the wayne head, no worries, i have an old mms71 body that i could use...
speaking of the mms71, that body was massive...and makes the dx12 really skinny

what body did you use?
something like this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Ver...051861?hash=item338682cf95:g:aLsAAOSwPe1T7ZnG

do you thing this one could work (no neck to cut):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Ver...145266?hash=item33847d6ff2:g:XbEAAOxy3hJSQEZX
I think you can get that pose with the arms, or very close.
If I have time I'll try it tomorrow.

I used this body which is quite similar to the one you linked to (yours would also work).
If you get the same body I did make sure to gently work all the joints several times because they are very stiff.

That last body would still look too skinny under the suit in my opinion.

Back