HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Suck it up and paint your dx12s eyelids

Yeah it looks great lol
115243f057b7d4d27395f7911c3426af.png

I always think it's a little bit sad to own someone else's custom.
Like you said-it's still his bane sat next your desk-duff

Haha yeah

I like how is his whole face is swollen on one side, like he got stung by a bee
It's so good

Why is creasy acting like such a little sarcastic prick all of the sudden.

Anyone interested in a barebones dx 12 body with boots, gauntlets, and head?

Yeah, send it to me for free.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

It's unfair to compare the medix head to anything else. It's taken from a direct scan of the actual cowl. Just needs to be widened a bit due to how they manufactured them. By far the most accurate cowl that exists though.
shortround.jpg

It's unfair to compare the medix head to anything else. It's taken from a direct scan of the actual cowl. Just needs to be widened a bit due to how they manufactured them. By far the most accurate cowl that exists though.

Best mouth/face likeness to Bale too.

The Hot Toys Batman figures (every version they've done) would be so much better if and more realistic looking if they dropped the moving eyes and pop out face plates and focused on accuracy. Back when they started they went in with good intentions, but all their Batman figures have this Japanese toy influence to them that's hard to unsee. Even their current Affleck Batman looks goofy with the small face plate that juts out and looks weird from different angles like every other Batman they've done. They should just drop it. If they insist on having an angry Batman or a Batman that's looking to the right, do what enterbay did and include alternate heads. This faceplate and eye stuff makes their Batmen look robotic.

I'm glad I'm seeing love here for the old Medicom head. I've had that on my DX12 since it first came out.

Didn't someone widen/cast/paint it a while back and have them for sale?

It's the best sculpt out there.

Someone sell me one or trade for a ben choi.

:lol

Anyone got a close up of this Medicom sculpt?
Just add a caveat to my previous post the Medi sculpt could look fairly different depending on its modification and repaint. I've noticed some people prefer it wider than others. Keep that in mind if someone does post an up close. The stock Medicom head has horrible cartoony/flat paint and a squished head. Even with that the cowl details itself is perfect.

Where can you even buy the medicom cowls from anymore/ what do they usually go for these days?

Where can you even buy the medicom cowls from anymore/ what do they usually go for these days?

It's rare that I actually see the figure broken down, but that would be the way to go. Otherwise you'd have to buy the whole Medicom Dark Knight figure, which is what I did way back in the day. I don't really know what the figure goes for nowadays. Check ebay.

Thanks for the pics, Fiend. That looks pretty damn good.

No problem. :)

I finally got some time and finished modifying my DX12.
I had learned to hate that figure and almost never took it out of its box.
There were just too many issues; the crappy cape, the horrendous googly eyes and derpy mouth plates, the bottom heavy skinny body, the droopy shoulder armor etc...

A while back I bought a custom rayon cape, I cut off the glove straps, reshaped the gauntlets around the gloves and I slightly widened the ankles.
I also removed the DX12 PERS mechanism so I could move the eyes independently, I painted the eyelids black and got a Robbie faceplate.
I later bought an armory cowl, I removed the PERS system from that one too and I'm very satisfied with it.

I really wanted to modify the ****** body and thought about many possibilities but it's only when I saw Irok's modified figure that I knew it was the way I wanted to go.
I switched the body for a TTM19 knockoff, it's not for the faint of heart but it is well worth it.

My photos are not great but they show what's been done and I now really love a figure I used to hate.

IMG_3795_zpsclozlucv.jpg

IMG_3790_zps4ny4umde.jpg

IMG_3786_zpsq9hnmqv2.jpg

Modified DX12 cowl:
IMG_3740_zpsb9xshs2w.jpg

You need to cut off the rubber neck on the new body:
IMG_3748_zpsm0pnelsh.jpg

You also need to saw off the bottom of the DX12 (or armory) neck and put in an adapter to attach it to the body:
IMG_3744_zpsrkgngoal.jpg

I'm terrible at sewing but it's sturdy:
IMG_3747_zps4r5azrdi.jpg

Finally a body worthy of Batman!
The sleeves are a real pain to put on the muscular arms and some adjustment and re-gluing of the left biceps plate was needed (the left arm is slightly larger than the right one on the new body).
IMG_3746_zpsbegjrdc6.jpg

The new body has a slimmer waist so removing links from the belt was necessary:
IMG_3738_zpsphaflswi.jpg

The figure looks great and the wider frame makes the shoulder armor look good.
I couldn't be happier with my Dark Knight!

I forgot to mention that because the new body is taller, shorter feet pegs should be used and some light padding should be added to the calves to fill in the boots.

Looks great Tourist! Glad you finally had time to complete this.

:lecture

It looks amazing!

The one thing that annoys me about the Armoury Batman is the cape. It's massive and uncontrollable. I've tried water treatment but it didn't take.

I've never looked into a replacement but I seriously ought to.

Back