HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Bruce Wayne Keaton reminds me of Rob Schneider

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Bbts- $500 usd. Omg.

Bruce Wayne Keaton reminds me of Rob Schneider

No bad thing. Roy Scheider was great, could never have been Batman but........oh Rob Schneider- hey! :monkey3

Bbts- $500 usd. Omg.

The word has long been out - Batman collectors as a group have a higher than usual quantity who are willing to be pillaged through the wallet. In no time at all everything gets inflated whereas most other lines take much much longer, if they get there at all.

Last edited:

89 bats was awesome for its time, I was 11 when I first saw it, can't beat the nostalgia, love my ht Keaton

Batman begins is the pinnacle of Nolan films, perfect
I think it was the best of the batman movies, redefining batman in movies
This or the enterbay 1/4 is on my buy list

There probably will be another DX to go along with the next Joker DX. :lol

People aren't saying the movie sucked per se, just that is doesn't hold ground in the current movies scene. No matter how much the fans deny it, the '89 batman is goofy compared to present superhero films.

Please explain the goofy elements of the '89 film please?

Please explain the goofy elements of the '89 film please?
1) Tim Burton.
2) They actually went with the pre-joker falling into the vat that bleaches his skin story. Even in the comic books they chose to make it unclear that this is actually the Joker's origin. (cuz it's goofy, even for the Joker)
3) Keaton sounds/looks goofy.
4) Batman's weapons look/move like plastic toys. (especially the batarang)
5) Joker museum dance group.
6) Everything is just goofy. (batwing, batmobile, batmobile's cheap looking armor, gotham actually looks like ****, etc) I understand the importance of staying true to the comic books. But like I said, it just won't hold ground for today's movie scene.
7)Nobody uses ab suits in superhero movies anymore. Specially on someone as weakly looking as Keaton.

And to reiterate, in light of everything I said. I don't think the movie "sucked". It just won't work for today's audience. (Given how much better the film industry has been getting, imagine if it were released in the 2000s, people would have so much lols the internet would explode.)

Last edited:

I can only guess that Difabio and Maglor are being, at the very least, disingenuous with their positions. After all, why ignore what I write and instead assume something that I'm not saying?

The crux of the recent argument: I didn't say that Batman, the character, was whimsical, silly or campy in the Burton films. What I did say was that the movies, as a whole, were, including the two Burton didn't direct. Everything about each of those movies was over the top, and surreal. You can say they were somewhat dark, but what they had in color and circus-like theatrics far outshone anything gothic about them. Those are facts. I'm not arguing them. What I did was defend my own opinion of the costumes, like somehow I wasn't allowed to dislike them. Please don't try and turn this around now into something else.

If you do instead want to argue the merits of one movie over another (not what I've been attempting to do - AT ALL), then IMDB might be a better place for that.

LOLZ!

I would've said Nolan's trilogy was the best representation if they hadn't lost so much focus on the character at the end. Now I just relegate it to just another chapter of the many interpretations of the dark knight. Which I'll also probably do to Affleck's Batman considering that is nothing but a cash grab. Nolan's trilogy had potential to end the franchise because no one could top it but he fumbled at the end and you're kidding yourself if you don't think we're gonna get another Batman/Superman movie in like 10 years max because this one isn't going to cut it

Why all the preemptive hate for the new Batman?

1) Tim Burton.
2) They actually went with the pre-joker falling into the vat that bleaches his skin story. Even in the comic books they chose to make it unclear that this is actually the Joker's origin. (cuz it's goofy, even for the Joker)
6) Everything is just goofy. (batwing, batmobile, batmobile's cheap looking armor, gotham actually looks like ****, etc) I understand the importance of staying true to the comic books. But like I said, it just won't hold ground for today's movie scene.
7)Nobody uses ab suits in superhero movies anymore. Specially on someone as weakly looking as Keaton.

And to reiterate, in light of everything I said. I don't think the movie "sucked". It just won't work for today's audience. (Given how much better the film industry has been getting, imagine if it were released in the 2000s, people would have so much lols the internet would explode.)
My god man, you do you realize that if Burton's movies were never made today's audience would still eat that stuff up? You're looking at it in hindsight and Nolan's version wouldn't exist if burton didn't come first

I remember face palming through that Party Man scene... like uhhh...

1) Tim Burton.

1 - Was responsible for giving me and many others a fantastic Batman movie.
2 - I'll be honest and say I know next to nothing on the comic book stuff.
3 - A fantastic Bruce Wayne/Batman and of all the Hollywood movies based on the Bat he convinced me the most.
4 - Weapons were great for the time and hold up to todays standards easily.
5 - Joker was a wacked out leader so him and his crew doing a dance in the museum was all in character.
6 - That must be a wind up surely?
7 - Man Keaton got under your skin buddy. I bet you were one of the people that sent a complaint letter about him to WB weren't you?

I stand by my statement that Batman from 1989 would fit into todays society/culture very easily.

1) Tim Burton.

It was the 80s dude. What wasnt goofy. Some things make it dated but its still great and its def the grandfather of bad *** superhero movies. Every movie has its time. Saying how times have changed and it wouldnt hold up if it was made today is a poor argument.Star wars was ground breaking for 1977. The effects by todays standards would be considered amateur. Those goofy things your talking about were the **** back in the day. You cant compare movies like that from the past to movies of today. You have to appreciate them for the time they were made.

1) Tim Burton.

Gave Batman black body armor, a sculpted cowl, black raccoon eyes, a grapple gun with a reel winch that attaches to the belt, a vault/armory, and metal gauntlets.

Gave Joker a scarred, wounded face. Had him be a part of the mob and later, destroy the mob.

All firsts that Nolan and Co. "borrowed." No "Burton Batman", means no "Nolan Batman". Did Burton introduce lame things? Sure. But so have all the other writers and story tellers.

No, that is the character's history.

He's always been permanently white with bleached skin since his debut in the 40s. The 50s introduced the chemical dip story. "Red Hood" has been around for decades. Even the praised one-shot, "Killing Joke" by Alan Moore uses the chemical dip origin. The highly acclaimed Batman: The Animated Series uses it as well.

So you're basically saying that every Joker is goofy . . . except the Heath Ledger Joker.

Because talking in a deep, ghostly whisper and hiding in the shadows is goofy compared to Bale's obnoxious and over the top cancer voice. A voice that he talks to himself in. Because constantly being a Napoleon Dynamitesqe mouth breather because your cowl is too tight isn't goofy.

Other than the Batarang, what other weapons look like toys? None of them.

Atleast his grapple gun was small, functional and compact. Toys? Really? The Bale grapple gun looks like a Nerf gun.

DSC03381.png

Don't even get me started about his "cape pack" or "light up

You get that one.

I still think it works in the context of the scene of him and his men defacing "beauty" and "art". It's not like they used "Batdance". Most 80s movies had soundtracks from music artists in them, that's not exactly a horrible quality to have.

6) Everything is just goofy. (batwing, batmobile, batmobile's cheap looking armor, gotham actually looks like ****, etc)

The Batwing looks better than the Batlobster thing. I could actually buy the Batwing being able to fly as a personal jet as opposed to the Bat with it's big "arm canons" and clunky appearance.

The Batmobile? :lol

Make a poll and see how many people prefer the '89 Batmobile over the "Tumbler". In fact, make a poll of how many people prefer the fantastic Adam West Batmobile. It'll win by a landslide every time.

Gotham looks like ****? Batman 1989 actually won an Academy Award for it's art design which includes the visuals, city, vehicles, etc. Anton Furst was praised for his direction and it was compared to the cities Blade Runner, Metropolis, etc. It took a helluva lot more work and creativity than simply traveling to Pittsburgh or Chicago or using green screen. They built the city by HAND. They made the streets, the stores, the theater, the Cathedral. Sure it was a couple of blocks long on a lot, but that's something to appreciate. Matte paintings were the BOMB, from Raider's government warehouse to Cloud City.

I understand the importance of staying true to the comic books. But like I said, it just won't hold ground for today's movie scene.

Batman 1989 wasn't "true to the comics". It was it's own thing, just like Schumacher and Nolan's interpretations were their own thing.

- They made Joker a crazed Mobster before the chemical dip

- They made Napier the killer of Wayne's parents and Joe Chill the robber

- Batman wears body armor instead of a leotard and tights

- Batman uses a grapple gun instead of a silk rope

- Batman wears black instead of blue/black and grey

- Joker got his face blown off and a plastic surgeon "fixes" it into a ghastly, hideous grin

- Alfred raised Bruce (during that time in the 80s, that wasn't the "canon". They had some uncle and Leslie Tompkins taking care of Bruce.

- Dent was black

Nobody uses ab suits in superhero movies anymore. Specially on someone as weakly looking as Keaton.

photo_1349_large.jpg

Man%20of%20Steel%20Suit.jpg

(Cavill still got ripped though to be fair)

snake-eyes-mouth.jpg

Ozymandias.jpg

And who cares about the abs? A rubber muscle suit is a rubber muscle suit. Making it LOOK like armor doesn't make it any different, it's still the same concept of transforming the actor.

It does work.

So do all the other older films. That's why reboots, remakes, etc. are so looked down upon. The original Total Recall still trumps the remake, even with it's 80s effects and look. Same with Robocop (probably). Star Wars (the original, not Special Editions) is EXTREMELY dated with it's 70s hair styles, 70s effects, 70s everything but it STILL works.

Maybe if people looked at them for what they are in the context of when they were made (every thing is "of their time"), we wouldn't be having this argument. Modernity isn't always "better".

Now if all there was in Batman were 80s looking people and Prince songs galore, I'd agree with you. But that timeless 1930s/1940s look they went with in the city, with the art direction, with the vehicles, with the interior sets of the publishing building of the Gotham Globe, citizens in trenches and fedoras, MAKE it timeless.

Last edited:

I dunno, towards the end there the Bale Batman got pretty damn goofy. I think the '89 Batman holds up on it's own feet.

The visual effects is of course, a different story with it's miniatures and matte paintings and all. Man, I really hope people don't do this to the original Robocop when that new one comes out. If I see any comments about how the original is "cheesy", "campy" or "goofy" compared to today I'll snap.

No one looked or sounded better than Keaton in the Batsuit. On the other hand, no one sounded AS goofy as Bale in TDK. :lol And I think that's saying a lot coming from me considering I don't have a problem with Bales disguise voice. There are times in TDK where it was way over the top though.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Different times, different technology, different culture and thinking.

I take those into account when i look at burton and nolans batman. And both of them are just spectacular movies.

If burton were to release that batman today, i dont think itll do well.

And i dont think its possible to pull off nolans batman in the 90s. It would be forced and it would probably suck

The reason i say that is because I feel like there is something common with movies in the 1990s. I cant pinpoint and describe what it is. Cinematography? Ideology? And pulling nolans batman then just wont work imho

I love both Burton's and Nolan's take on the Batman franchise and I usually do not like to criticise one just to heap praise on the other.

I will admit if someone had a gun to my head and I had to pick then '89 Batman takes it.

Also fantastic post DiFabio. :clap

1) Tim Burton.

Gave Batman black body armor, a sculpted cowl, black raccoon eyes, a grapple gun with a reel winch that attaches to the belt, a vault/armory, and metal gauntlets.

Gave Joker a scarred, wounded face. Had him be a part of the mob and later, destroy the mob.

All firsts that Nolan and Co. "borrowed." No "Burton Batman", means no "Nolan Batman". Did Burton introduce lame things? Sure. But so have all the other writers and story tellers.

No, that is the character's history.

He's always been permanently white with bleached skin since his debut in the 40s. The 50s introduced the chemical dip story. "Red Hood" has been around for decades. Even the praised one-shot, "Killing Joke" by Alan Moore uses the chemical dip origin. The highly acclaimed Batman: The Animated Series uses it as well.

So you're basically saying that every Joker is goofy . . . except the Heath Ledger Joker.

Because talking in a deep, ghostly whisper and hiding in the shadows is goofy compared to Bale's obnoxious and over the top cancer voice. A voice that he talks to himself in. Because constantly being a Napoleon Dynamitesqe mouth breather because your cowl is too tight isn't goofy.

Other than the Batarang, what other weapons look like toys? None of them.

Atleast his grapple gun was small, functional and compact. Toys? Really? The Bale grapple gun looks like a Nerf gun.

DSC03381.png

Don't even get me started about his "cape pack" or "light up eyes".

Ozymandias.jpg

You get that one.

I still think it works in the context of the scene of him and his men defacing "beauty" and "art". It's not like they used "Batdance". Most 80s movies had soundtracks from music artists in them, that's not exactly a horrible quality to have.

The Batwing looks better than the Batlobster thing. I could actually buy the Batwing being able to fly as a personal jet as opposed to the Bat with it's big "arm canons" and clunky appearance.

The Batmobile? :lol

Make a poll and see how many people prefer the '89 Batmobile over the "Tumbler". In fact, make a poll of how many people prefer the fantastic Adam West Batmobile. It'll win by a landslide every time.

Gotham looks like ****? Batman 1989 actually won an Academy Award for it's art design which includes the visuals, city, vehicles, etc. Anton Furst was praised for his direction and it was compared to the cities Blade Runner, Metropolis, etc. It took a helluva lot more work and creativity than simply traveling to Pittsburgh or Chicago or using green screen. They built the city by HAND. They made the streets, the stores, the theater, the Cathedral. Sure it was a couple of blocks long on a lot, but that's something to appreciate. Matte paintings were the BOMB, from Raider's government warehouse to Cloud City.

Batman 1989 wasn't "true to the comics". It was it's own thing, just like Schumacher and Nolan's interpretations were their own thing.

- They made Joker a crazed Mobster before the chemical dip

- They made Napier the killer of Wayne's parents and Joe Chill the robber

- Batman wears body armor instead of a leotard and tights

- Batman uses a grapple gun instead of a silk rope

- Batman wears black instead of blue/black and grey

- Joker got his face blown off and a plastic surgeon "fixes" it into a ghastly, hideous grin

- Alfred raised Bruce (during that time in the 80s, that wasn't the "canon". They had some uncle and Leslie Tompkins taking care of Bruce.

- Dent was black

photo_1349_large.jpg

Man%20of%20Steel%20Suit.jpg

(Cavill still got ripped though to be fair)

snake-eyes-mouth.jpg

Ozymandias-watchmen-20599701-1339-2000.jpg

And who cares about the abs? A rubber muscle suit is a rubber muscle suit. Making it LOOK like armor doesn't make it any different, it's still the same concept of transforming the actor.

It does work.

So do all the other older films. That's why reboots, remakes, etc. are so looked down upon. The original Total Recall still trumps the remake, even with it's 80s effects and look. Same with Robocop (probably). Star Wars (the original, not Special Editions) is EXTREMELY dated with it's 70s hair styles, 70s effects, 70s everything but it STILL works.

Maybe if people looked at them for what they are in the context of when they were made (every thing is "of their time"), we wouldn't be having this argument. Modernity isn't always "better".

Now if all there was in Batman were 80s looking people and Prince songs galore, I'd agree with you. But that timeless 1930s/1940s look they went with in the city, with the art direction, with the vehicles, with the interior sets of the publishing building of the Gotham Globe, citizens in trenches and fedoras, MAKE it timeless.

Difabio's epic post is epic.

@Circle - have you ever heard of context?

I actually can't think of a worse place to bash Burton's Batman than a DC Comics thread.

I'm surprised that this debate is still going on. If some people can't appreciate both Batman franchises for what they were then that's their problem. No need to try and explain each ones good points and bad points. For the people that like both. Like myself. Then we win at the end of the day. :)

Why? Why must some trash one thing over the other?? Both generations of batman films served their purpose. Putting batman in live action film, kicking major amounts of a**. What's so wrong with liking both?! Will the universe implode if both iterations are liked? Oh, right. That's too rational.

*stop liking what I don't like jpg*

Back